Mixing French Perm Stabilizer in Conditioner

Lava27

So I've heard of some gals mixing Porosity Control in with their DCs to aid in detangling, and that the low ph is what helps (4.5 if I'm not mistaken). Well I see that FPS has an even lower ph (2.5...again not sure) so does anyone mix this in their DCs? If so, how does it work with them??

So I've heard of some gals mixing Porosity Control in with their DCs to aid in detangling, and that the low ph is what helps (4.5 if I'm not mistaken). Well I see that FPS has an even lower ph (2.5...again not sure) so does anyone mix this in their DCs? If so, how does it work with them??

No I have never though to do that. I use my FPS to bring the ph down in my hair after relaxing and that is the only time I use it. I might have to try mixing it with other conditioner to see that happens.

FPS states that it is a conditioner. I have used it as a conditioner to help w/ taming new growth - GREAT. I've also used it after a relaxer to lower the ph before the shampoo also - works well. DLewis turned me onto this. PM her or get her in here. She may have experimented more with it.

any updates on this? im natural now and im itchin to try FPS mixed with some conditioner. i wonder if i would come back crying about how i got a setback from it :lachen:

I haven't.:ohwell: I had it in my Stash since this Summer and pulled it out recently after using up a Bottle of PC.

I use it as a Final Rinse after DC'ing. I really like this product.:yep:

Doubt if I will mix with conditioner tho'.:nono: I use it as the Directions State.

I use it to close/seal/flatten cuticle after DC'ing with heat and after relaxing.

I also love the fact that the ph Balance is 2.5.:grin:

Will definitely Repurchase. And may Replace Porosity Control with FPS.:look:

Back