French Perm Stabilizer is a God send!!!

The FPSP solution does something to the new growth, thins it out almost as if I relaxed. But I do still see a bit of wave at my roots (I do not pull as taut as I should) so I know the FPSP did not act as a relaxer.

The effects last well after the rinse out. I just added more water as my hair dried (I do not rollerset very fast) and I had no issues with tangles.

Hmmm.... interesting. Ya'll got me ready to go to Sally's and purchase. :look:

Thanks for posting your review RW, I went out and purchased it and can't wait to use this after I take down these braids especially since I'm 18 and a half weeks post.

Yes, I bought mine there. Also, I left the top off for a couple of days just so some of the alcohol would evaporate.

yep , I couldn't take the alcohol... i had to return this stuff. I think alcohol was the 2nd ingredient.

Yes, I bought mine there. Also, I left the top off for a couple of days just so some of the alcohol would evaporate.

MissVee please let us know if it still works the same way when you use it again. I don't mind the alcohol so much but If it still works the same then I will use it your way instead. It's only added to the hair as a rinse out anyway. Even so I can't wait for your update.

Last edited:
MissVee please let us know if it still works the same way when you use it again. I don't mind the alcohol so much but If it still works the same then I will use it your way instead. It's only added to the hair as a rinse out anyway. Even so I can't wait for your update.

Works the same for me. I bought FS a couple of months ago. I left the cap off for about a week, only that long because I forgot about it. Either way, I find it works great for me, now I am just not gagging from the smell.

Works the same for me. I bought FS a couple of months ago. I left the cap off for about a week, only that long because I forgot about it. Either way, I find it works great for me, now I am just not gagging from the smell.

Thanks MissVee, I will try it this way and see how my hair likes it too.

I bought some from the exchange board and it worked wonders. I used it this weekend. I did twist outs all week and my new growth is serious ( I only relax 4 times a year). The smell was very strong, but I notice the difference right after I applied it to my hair. After I rinsed, the com slid through very easy. I let it dry in a bun. The next day my dry hair was still tangle free.

Gots to try this too. Just found it on BeautyofNewyork.com for 5.99 - just like in the store.

With my international deliveries, I should get it in about 2 weeks... will keep u ladies posted.

My order just got in this week! I am excited to use it, but being 2-3 weeks post, my roots aren't feeling the need quite yet. I'll be sure to report back. :yep:

Hey did anyone answer the question of whether or not they used this on natural hair?!?!?!

Last edited:
I said in the other thread that Dlewis started that I would pick this up and I forgot. I definitely have to get in now. I'll be 15 weeks post tomorrow; this has been my longest stretch.

Hey did anyone answer the question of whether or not they used this on natural hair?!?!?!

Hey,

I've used this on my natural hair:grin:

I noticed that only for the first day my hair's curls popped and felt moisturized. When i applied it on my wet hair in the shower, it felt kind of coated but I wouldn't say that it detangled my hair. Would I recommend it? Yes, but I think I'm in the process of refining my hair regimen. I'm trying to go with the KISS method. ( The next day my hair was a matted mess, I don't know if it was because of the French Perm Stabilizer though, that is why I would recommend it on Day 1)

Hey,

I've used this on my natural hair:grin:

I noticed that only for the first day my hair's curls popped and felt moisturized. When i applied it on my wet hair in the shower, it felt kind of coated but I wouldn't say that it detangled my hair. Would I recommend it? Yes, but I think I'm in the process of refining my hair regimen. I'm trying to go with the KISS method. ( The next day my hair was a matted mess, I don't know if it was because of the French Perm Stabilizer though, that is why I would recommend it on Day 1)

Thanks for an answer!!!! And your flat ironed natural hair looks really nice in your siggy picture. I tried to copy your look last week, but DC area humidity ruined it in 10 mins. :lachen:

Thanks for an answer!!!! And your flat ironed natural hair looks really nice in your siggy picture. I tried to copy your look last week, but DC area humidity ruined it in 10 mins. :lachen:

WOW! Thank you. I feel flattered:blush:

June 14th will be my next time to flat-iron and curl my hair. Can't wait to see if I have retained any length. I can't really tell. Each time I try to detangle my hair, a whole bunch comes out in my Denman brush. Hopefully it's just shedded hair.

I'm 10 weeks post and having detangling issues so I'm going to get FPS this weekend.. I'll come back to tell of my experience...

Everyone needs to run out and get some French Perm Stabilizer Plus!!! I plan to use this for every wash:yawn: although if I keep getting these results I may break my neck from all the swinging.:grin:
My hair LOVEs anything low pH, I think both naturals and relaxed hair can benefit because low pH helps the cuticles of the hair to lay down...(I'm natural, I'm willing to try this!)

Thanks dlewis!!!!

I am 16 weeks post today and gave up last week when rollersetting since I just could not get the comb through my hair.

I washed tonight with diluted CON (I had used mineral oil and cones) and then cowashed with VO5 Moisture Milks (Strawberries & cream - which gave some slip but I'm not in love). I did my dc with ORS Replenishing for 30 minutes and rinsed. I had lots of slip on the length but not the roots.

I decided to try French Perm Stabilizer and was shocked at the results. This stuff foams up quickly (almost lather but not thick) and once I rinsed it out my hair felt super silky.

I added my HE LTR and was able to rollerset 16 week post hair with a RATTAIL comb!!!! I had minimal hair in the comb - a rattail comb - once I was finished.:grin:

I'm about to dry under my Pibbs now. I'm excited to see the results.

Edited to add pictures of finished hair
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/french-perm-stabili/

Do you mind listing the ingredients, I can't find them anywhere on the net....:drunk:

We need to get JustKiya in here, she did a review awhile back on a blog about this..

http://www.nappydelphia.com/2008/02/product-deconstruction.html

:lol: I had to go back and read my blog to see what the heck I said about it! I've never actually tried it - I just broke it down based on the ingredients....

Do you mind listing the ingredients, I can't find them anywhere on the net....:drunk:

This was the listing that I got from one of the other threads about it - it's pretty short.

water, isoproply alcohol, trideceth-7, carboxylic acid, polyquaternium-10,
oleakonium chloride, fragrance, propylparaben , methylparaben

:lol: I had to go back and read my blog to see what the heck I said about it! I've never actually tried it - I just broke it down based on the ingredients....

This was the listing that I got from one of the other threads about it - it's pretty short.

water, isoproply alcohol, trideceth-7, carboxylic acid, polyquaternium-10,
oleakonium chloride, fragrance, propylparaben , methylparaben
I stopped by Sally's on the way home and the pH on this is 2.5 according to the bottle!! That's really low... Isn't that first ingredient rubbing alcohol? :look: Let me do a quick Google....

ETA: Sure is :blush: I'll pass on this one, but the very low pH is interesting!

It saved my hair yesturday thats all i can say. My perm was acting hell a funny doing the rinse. I would more than likely be with out hair or serious hair falling. I sure am glad that i did not sell it or give it away.

It saved my hair yesturday thats all i can say. My perm was acting hell a funny doing the rinse. I would more than likely be with out hair or serious hair falling. I sure am glad that i did not sell it or give it away.
It would stop a chemical action in it's tracks. I think it would choke my natural hair!!

I'm so glad you had it on hand to help. I used to keep Porosity Control on hand when I was relaxed for the same reason.

Back