You Adore LongHairDontCare's Results, but Are You Willing to Adopt Her Regimen?

*Muffin*

I wish I could follow her reggie, but sadly I like washing my hair much more frequently than that. Perhaps if my hair was in braids...

BlackMasterPiece

I am sooooo glad I took on this reggie I can't even describe it. She wasn't kidding when she said it helps you retain length with my crochet braids I wash every week with no issues....if I really wanted to I could wash more often but once a week is perfect for me. I moisturize my braids underneath and its great.....this has been awesome, with the help of these protective styles I just may be able to go several months out of the year with this....its exciting:grin:

hair4romheaven

I've retained a lot of growth with my regimen which is very very similar to this..... Remember ladies she does wash her hair weekly just while in braids.

BlkOnyx488

I am really enjoying this regi as well
I spend half a day doing my hair, then for the next 4 weeks I wash and go every week
I still moisturize and baggie every night
but it's great to just hop out of bed and bam my hair is done.

The greatest thing is I still have hair to play with daily while leaving my real hair along to grow.

I am sooooo glad I took on this reggie I can't even describe it. She wasn't kidding when she said it helps you retain length with my crochet braids I wash every week with no issues....if I really wanted to I could wash more often but once a week is perfect for me. I moisturize my braids underneath and its great.....this has been awesome, with the help of these protective styles I just may be able to go several months out of the year with this....its exciting:grin:

Lady Esquire

lol, isn't that what most AA women do anyway when they don't know a lot about haircare? Put braids in an then not wash it for like the entire time. It's what my sister does and it has not helped her any, haha. Her twists and twists outs are insane though, I love them
The crochet braids are beautiful I love the idea of them. I wonder if others have done them with different types of hair...I think the water wave is a bit shiny

Maybe but there are other factors/techniques that a LOT of women don't do. Once the braids are out, their very bad habits kick in and ruin all of their new growth.

MizzBrit

my reggie now is similar now to what she does..i wear braids for 4 weeks..detangle/henna,put back in braids and start back over again. i wear a half wig and switch em up ever so often.but i do co wash my braids about 2-3x a week because my hair gets dry.this got me to APL..and im continuing to do this all year

ETA: for clairity

Last edited:

beans4reezy

lol, isn't that what most AA women do anyway when they don't know a lot about haircare? Put braids in an then not wash it for like the entire time. It's what my sister does and it has not helped her any, haha.

I used to be one of those women. It took me 4 years to get my hair to SL from a short, Halle Berry Hair Cut. :nono:

Maybe but there are other factors/techniques that a LOT of women don't do.

This was exactly it! I never moisturized my hair while in the braids, never washed them, and certainly never DC'd. When I learned better I did better. I used braids last year as a protective style and grew my hair to APL within a few months; the longest it's ever been.

It's not about the braids, it is how you treat your hair while it is protected by the braids.

BlackMasterPiece

I've been doing my own customized version of this reggie for the past three months and the fact of the matter is...it WORKS....I just have to keep my eyes on that WL prize and keep my hair away in protective styles regularly. I wash and condition every week and DC as needed....I'm honestly not surprised LHDC got the results she did.

We always drool over black men's hair retention but then when you ask ladies if they'd spend most of the year in braids they be like:ohwell::look: lol

There are soooo many ways to rock styles based on braids...alot of them even conceal the braids so I'm actually enjoying trying out a bunch of fun new looks while protecting my hair....I love the way I get to dabble in color too:yep:

_____________________________​

my reggie now is similar now to what she does..i wear braids for 4 weeks..detangle/henna then put back in my plaits. i wear a half wig and switch em up ever so often.but i do co wash my braids about 2-3x a week becuase my hair gets dry..this got me to APL..and m continuing to do this all year
What kinda braids do you rock? My friend does pixie braids on her own natural hair and it looks gorgeous on her....she's really retained beautifully with this....I gotta feature her on my blog farreal.

Tif392002

im loving this reggie. i do everything in corn-rows / no weave added, but i get them done every 2 weeks. and whn its get to greater lengths i will still wear corn rows i like them for a style.* retaining all in 2010*

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am trying to do something like her. Wearing protective styles, not loose hair. I am not blow drying my hair as of right now because my hair is too short to do so. I want to see where my hair is by the end of the year.:yep: I'll flat twist until I can cornrow.

yardyspice

BMP, I've been eyeing her reggie as well since you started this thread and I think I am going to take the plunge and keep my hair hidden away. I just did crochet braids, I am going to do another set and then weave and then maybe braids or tree braids to switch things up. My goal is MBL by the end of the year:crossfingers:

Renovating

I did crochet braids last week here are some pics

I used Freetress loose deep 24 , my aunt cornrow my hair into 16 cornrows and it took 5 hours to complete..

SO I'm going to try to keep it in for 1 month

What's your secret? :) My mom did mine this weekend and it took nine hours on Saturday and all day Sunday. :(
When she finished, she said she was never going to do my hair like that again.:lachen:

I have the Freetress deep wave.

How is everyone taking care of their hair under the crocheted hair?

GreenEyedJen

So I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, but I wanted to add my two cents...when I was a child, before I ever had a relaxer, my mother used to take care of my hair just like LHDC takes care of hers, but my hair was braided pretty much year round. She'd wash, deep conditon, do a hot oil treatment, blow it straight, then braid it. After two weeks, we'd do the whole process again.

I was MBL at three and classic length by age 7 (probably before then). I kept growing until I begged my mom to let me get a relaxer "because I want to wear my hair down like my friends" (who were all Caucasian).

It was downhill from there. I'm finally natural again, and once I get over the awesomeness of being able to get it wet everyday, I'm going to start long term PS'ing, because I know, for a fact, that it works.

beans4reezy

BMP, I've been eyeing her reggie as well since you started this thread and I think I am going to take the plunge and keep my hair hidden away.

I hear you Yardy Spice! My hair has been in braids since BMP started this thread! I am trying to go until July or even the rest of the year to make BSL. :yep:

Whimsy

I'd never adopt her regimen, or some of her practices, but I'll drool over her hair all day.

pringe

well i kinda do this now. I individual braid my own natural hair and leave that in for a month. I wash or co wash as needed each week, but usually wash 1ce a week. I moisturize and seal every night. I also PS every day but I've started implementing my ends being tucked away and it has made a big difference. So I pretty much do this anyway and its beginning to work for me!

Renewed1

my reggie now is similar now to what she does..i wear braids for 4 weeks..detangle/henna then put back in my plaits. i wear a half wig and switch em up ever so often.but i do co wash my braids about 2-3x a week becuase my hair gets dry..this got me to APL..and m continuing to do this all year

My reggie is similiar (now its hot) the only difference is I part my hair down the middle and hae two big side braids under a wig.

Blessedmocha

Im going to try this (with frequent washes) using chocolate tresses crochet example.

My hair grew from shoulder to apl in under 6 months whilst using the crown and glory technique.. (braided hair with frequent cowashes), so it does work!
#However, i want a diffferent look so the crochet is appropriate whilst my hair is still braided underneath..

Thanks for the link BMP.

MizzBrit

What kinda braids do you rock? My friend does pixie braids on her own natural hair and it looks gorgeous on her....she's really retained beautifully with this....I gotta feature her on my blog farreal.

well the braids i wear are under my wig..they are either cornrowed or individual plaits i braid into one

Chameleonchick

I have been doing something similar to this since December. I keep my hair either braided, twisted, wigged or wrapped up. When I took down my braids I only let my hair "breathe" for a week and then I put twists in. I have goals this year and I can see myself getting closer when ever I redo sections. I am loving this regimen:yep:

belldandy

I am not natural...but...

Well if I keep my hair cornrowed or braided for the entire summer, isn't that similar? I am in corn rows right now, no weave. I plan on staying braided May - September. I <3 LHDC's hair its very beautiful. I deep condition my braids 1-2 times a week. When my hair is out, i wear a curly fro. I moisturize my braids daily. I am hoping this will push me to Wl...

BlackMasterPiece

/\ Thats exactly it! That sounds like a great plan for retention hun:yep: I'm tryna stay on track with keeping my hair protected and away.

I'm hoping this will get me to WL as well:love2: it will be a beautiful day when I can claim that length....*sighs*

belldandy

/\ Thats exactly it! That sounds like a great plan for retention hun:yep: I'm tryna stay on track with keeping my hair protected and away.

I'm hoping this will get me to WL as well:love2: it will be a beautiful day when I can claim that length....*sighs*

I have a feeling that day is not too far off for the both of us :grin: !

Trust me, it takes willpower to walk arond with your hair braided up (especially if you're not adding any hair) while everyone else is is flipping theirs around all summer, and it doesn't even matter if its short and damamged. I want to take mine out so so bad but I know come october I will be very satisfied.

BlackMasterPiece

/\ Everytime someone tells me I'm close to my goal its always a little surprising to me and really exciting:grin:

ITA about needing willpower to keep it braided up...... It takes alota willpower.....but I'm tryna stay strong and stay focused.

Even though I'm really really really tempted to show out for these last days of school and do a hundred different things with my hair lol