Are you willing to go above and beyond to get longer hair?

No. I'm the laziest person when it comes to putting effort in one's hair. I wash/condition twice a week and wear a baggy. My hair is in twists. The end.

OP, I know EXACTLY what stage you mean because I myself am just barely coming out of it. :nono: It feels like it lasts forever!

What I did was stayed in braids for six months out of the last year (in two month intervals) and just sprayed my hair everyday, washed every two weeks, and slept with a scarf. Everytime I took my hair down, I noticed how much it's grown!

You def have to be careful if you have thin/brittle hair though because tight braids can break hair off.

When I was out of braids, I did coils, braids, twists, bantu knots, everything I could think of to keep it stretched. I literally just did a series of posts on these :lol: : http://curlypop.blogspot.com/ And a headband was my best friend! I have a weird, floppy afro (my sides have a looser texture, so it tends to hang more while the crown is very undefined/kinky) so unless I pull it back off my face, it looks off. :spinning:

I also exercised and took vitamins for about the last two-three months.

ETA: I know all this stuff sounds like I was crazy about hair growth, but I swear it was a holistic approach. :lol: I was exercising for the summer/beach season, taking vits for skin, and eating better for health. I kept braids because I'm a student and way too lazy to do anything with my hair.

Last edited:
Not really. I know I could retain more length if I did things differently, but I don't wanna. I'd rather just enjoy my hair, and let the length come when it does.

Not really. If it grows while styling it how I want to, that's great.

But I consider constant hairpieces, no heat, no combing, no manipulation, bunning, expensive growth aids& vitamins to all be 'above and beyond' type extreme measures that I prolly wont be participating in.

No - my current regimen is DCing 2 times a week, cowashing 1-2 times a week and daily moisturising and sealing. I've had to make effort to make sure I have time during the week to do all this, but it's not encroaching on any other part of my life so I don't feel like its going above and beyond, its just what I think is necessary to have healthy, long hair. I figure if things get to the point where other parts of my life are suffering due to my pursuit for long hair, for me that would be above and beyond the lengths I'm willing to go to.

Last edited:
Background: my hair is still technically a TWA but it is in an extremely awkward stage. My day-to-day look of shrunken wash'n'go curly fro is looking too long to be styled how i want it to be but wayyyyyyyyy too short to be in a decent sized puff. I just hate this stage cos I feel like Steve Harvey.
Soooooooo i want to grow my hair and be able to have big puffs and a BAA but i'm not really willing to do more than i'm doing now to get it.
My regimen:
-Co-wash daily with tresemme naturals
-DC 1-2x per week with ORS replenishing/Dark n lovely ultra cholesterol
-Moisturise with conditoner, seal with castor oil
-shampoo with sulfate-free poo 1x week

That's about all i'm willing to do. I have been interested in ayurveda, henna and other stuff but i just cant be bothered to add more steps. I'm lazy i guess:look:
When i first joined this site, i was willing to do work harder and do more to get results. Not so much nowadays....
Has anyone elses dedication to their hair floundered?

Honestly....that's all you need to do. Hair thrives the less you mess with it.:yep:

Like me...my regi is just co-wash daily, leave in some Mixed Silk or rake some ES Argan gel and CJ Curls in a Bottle and wear either a curly puff or a WNG and call it a day.

I Shampoo/Thorughly Detangle/DC weekly.

I'm 15 months post relaxer/7 months natural...when i BC'd i was barely shoulder length...now i'm like 2 inches away from APL.

I am still doing all I can to grow my hair. I wash and DC 1-2 times a week, I have sometimes felt like I can't be bothered but whenever I feel like this I come on here and take inspiration from people who already have the long hair I want, then I get on with whatever I need to do. I wouldn't say I do too much, but I put effort in because I really care about getting long hair :yep:

I KISS as well.

I DC, apply a leave in, shampoo, cowash etc.
I do ayurvedic DCs and protein ones, I also do henna now and then. I take supplements, sometimes...

I try and just be healthy in general and focus on the health of my body, the hair length will come.

Back