You Adore LongHairDontCare's Results, but Are You Willing to Adopt Her Regimen?

GaiasDaughter24

I plan on adopting her regimen. I was planning on it before learning about hers. I hope to keep my hair braided form November until about March/April. I live in Minnesota and it gets COLD here so I figured braids would help me during the winter. Also, I'm pregnant and due in December. I'm going to have a newborn and a toddler. I won't have too much time for my hair :lachen:

La Colocha

Ive been keeping braids in my hair for months. I wash,dc in braids 1x a week,detangle and redo them. I moisturize them also every few days. Single braids with my own hair has been easier for me. If i wear my hair out its for 1 day. I can't keep them in for a month. My roots get matted. The longest i have ever went was 2 weeks. I still had to wash my hair every week. Her hair is beautiful, Im hopeful with what im doing i will get there one day also.

loulou82

I am sooooo glad I took on this reggie I can't even describe it. She wasn't kidding when she said it helps you retain length with my crochet braids I wash every week with no issues....if I really wanted to I could wash more often but once a week is perfect for me. I moisturize my braids underneath and its great.....this has been awesome, with the help of these protective styles I just may be able to go several months out of the year with this....its exciting:grin:

What moisturizer are you using underneath your crochet braids? It's taking will power not to yank this weave out my head but I have comfort knowing I'm retaining all of my growth.

SvelteVelvet

Wow..first time seeing LHDC, my "Should I transition?" meter just went through the roof! Her videos may have just delivered me from the creamy crack.

beans4reezy

Wow..first time seeing LHDC, my "Should I transition?" meter just went through the roof! Her videos may have just delivered me from the creamy crack.

I hear you! It's been a year since I relaxed and I keep going back and forth - like do I really want to relax again? My hair has been braided for about 4 months following this reggie (trying to braid for at least six). But on top of the added retention, it gives me the break time I need to decide if I want to go natural or keep relaxing.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm going to do a modified version of her regimen. My hair is very curly and my TWA knots are no joke. I plan to wear protective styles anyway, so I'm glad to be able to try it. I am hoping to finally have hair that I can manage more easily. I am going to incorporate her dry blow dry method and then twist my hair up.:yep:

Chameleonchick

BMP, how did you keep your crochet braids from getting frizzy(the curly hair)? I wanted to get some done but I was a little scared about that, so I put my long twists in instead.

ConstantlyDynamic

i think i could sort of follow this regimen. i'd probably do twists instead of cornrows because my i don't think cornrows work with my forehead-they make my forehead look big. i could do box braids too. i'd wash more often as well because i've always had problem with build-up and when i was permed, i would get dandruff:( i haven't had dandruff as a natural but that might be because i wash my hair as often as i want to (shrugs) don't know.her hair is stunning though-definitely inspiration but i'm only SL-i have a long way to go

caribbeancurly

After viewing this thread, I'm giving serious thought to those crochet braids! I haven't always been a big fan of protective styles, I like wash and gos. But clearly from her regimen, it works. I've been reading a lot of blog posts and articles including this one , where a lady grew her daughter's hair to waist length by keeping it braided, so I'm going to give it a try I think!

BlackMasterPiece

What moisturizer are you using underneath your crochet braids? It's taking will power not to yank this weave out my head but I have comfort knowing I'm retaining all of my growth.
I keep it very simple for my hair I just took my favorite conditioner which right now is Aussie Moist and put a generous amount on my braids and maybe seal with a light oil like coconut oil and that was it!:yep:

BMP, how did you keep your crochet braids from getting frizzy(the curly hair)? I wanted to get some done but I was a little scared about that, so I put my long twists in instead.
I gelled the hair with ampro clear Ice gel after every wash....theres more that went into it but don't worry I have a youtube channel coming out shortly:grinwink:

Chameleonchick

I keep it very simple for my hair I just took my favorite conditioner which right now is Aussie Moist and put a generous amount on my braids and maybe seal with a light oil like coconut oil and that was it!:yep:

I gelled the hair with ampro clear Ice gel after every wash....theres more that went into it but don't worry I have a youtube channel coming out shortly:grinwink:

OOOH okay cool, lol. I was going to ask you about washing it too.

Valerie

Longhairdontcare has beautiful hair, but her method is not for me, I know that I will achieve waist length, using my daily rinsing, deep conditioning, henna, Mega/OCT treatments, keep my hair in protective styles.

RosesBlack

I really like the idea of her reggie but I can't braid and can't find a braider who's reasonable and dependable it's always one or the other. I may start doing more flat twists though I'm getting better at them.

beans4reezy

Is anyone still following this regimen?

I am. My hair has been braided since Jan. 19th after being inspired by this thread. I am on five months w/braided hair, going on six, before giving my hair a "braiding break" while I am on maternity leave. Can't wait to do a length check to see how this regimen is working for me! Thanks again for starting this thread BMP!

Tiye

I'll be following it shortly. I did a crash course on diy weaving - youtube, bhm and this board, etc. I've spent hours pricing hair extensions (who knew this was going to be like shopping for a car?? :) ). I've narrowed down sellers by price and selection and now I'm just about ready to make a decision. This isn't going to be a boring regimen coz I'll have fun with extension hair.

This is a bit like the Crown and Glory technique, isn't it? That's what I'm doing right now, and have been since 2008. Hopefully I will one day get those results I've been praying for :)

Renovating

Is anyone still following this regimen?

I am. My hair has been braided since Jan. 19th after being inspired by this thread. I am on five months w/braided hair, going on six, before giving my hair a "braiding break" while I am on maternity leave. Can't wait to do a length check to see how this regimen is working for me! Thanks again for starting this thread BMP!

I'm still doing it. I have cornrows now and I plan to keep them in a few more weeks. Then I will get crochet braids for July.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

She's got me on my current regimen which is low manipulation bordering on just-pure-damn-laziness and my hair is THRIVING!! I kinda wish I was a documenter/pic taker/measurer because then I could actually see my own progress (and show you) - but then again I just hate watching water boil. All I know is when I'm braiding my hair (on wash days - every 2 wks - after detangling), I'm thinking "wow, I'm still braiding." I thought I was a slow grower. Happens that I wasn't retaining much with frequent washings and puffs (not really creative with the hairstyles). Not into sitting down for tons of braids or twists (or the takedown) whether having it done or doing it myself. So now I wear 2 french-braids with a funky front part that I tie down every night for a week at a time and I get lots of compliments. If I feel benevolent, I take down and remoisturize midweek. I've felt benelovent twice since last October.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: not benevolent yet?

Jewell

I'm still doing this technique off and on. Braiding while damp after a wash, tying with a scarf and letting if air-dry before donning a wig (LF). Recently, I decided to straighten my hair (heat training), but I'll still be low-manipulation and PS all the way! Ive done the braid regimen under wigs from Oct. '09 to May '10. My hair has grown significantly, and I've retained thickness and length as far as my ends are concerned. This is the best technique I've discovered so far for my hair. With 2-4 braids under my wigs, I can take 'em down mid-week or whenever necessary to moisturize. I like accessibility to my hair, which is what keeps me from getting a full sew-in for months at a time. I wanna be able to take it down, wash, and put it back up (without a salon visit or hours spent braiding/weaving), which is why I do wigs.

Since the weather has gotten so hot, I've put the wigs away for a while, but occasionally I do still pull 'em out. Wig challenge/braid challenge will be in full effect again in Sept., when it cools off, lol.

Boujoichic

Her hair is lovely but I wouldnt adopt her regimen as a whole I have to wash my hair more frequently or my head would itch like crazy and flake. Im all for low manipulation though Ive actually been using weaves as a low manipulation style for over a year with just little breaks between my installs. I really dont wanna heat train my hair because I dont wanna lose curl but I would like to wear it straight every now and then. One day I hope to reach her lengths