Help me come up w/a Regimen

lana

Hey you guys. My friend loves my hair. Which is great and I was very flattered. But she asked me to email her my entire regimen. Well I was thinking that what I do to my hair isn't necessarily best for her head. So can you all help me come up with a regimen. Her hair is about 2 inches long, she cut it all off and has been wearing wigs. So she's starting from scratch. The hair she has is relaxed, but she doesn't want to relax anymore.

Okay so here is what I've come up with so far:

1. Condition wash every three days and braid
2. Oil scalp pre-wash with vitamin E oil and post wash with vitamin E oil
(This has been working for me and increasing growth but it's optional, some people don't put anything on the scalp).
3. Moisturize your braids twice a day with fav moisturizer
4. Protein treatment once per month with fav protein conditioner
5. Overall trim of damaged and split ends (cause I haven't seen her hair, she just told me what it's looking like).

I'm thinking that's all she needs right now. But I need to give her a product list. I use CON Shampoo and I use a variety of conditioners. But I enjoy Redken Conditioner overall. :)

Is that too simple? Since she's wearing a wig I thought it was best to keep it simple.

lana

Plus I just realized I left out the internal stuff (Vitamins). I'm going to suggest a "Hair, Skin and Nails" vitamin, Vitamin B Complex and Fish Oil. That should do it.

Any suggestions?

hothair

Sounds good to me - the regimen and vitamins. You're right to keep it simple so she can stick to it, if after a few months she's still on it you can introduce her to more of the madness that IS haircare:)

Everything Zen

Hmmm I've never heard of Vitamin E on the scalp for hair growth. So it really has worked for you? I think the regimen sounds great. I am still trying to come up with my own whilst trying not to be all nazi about it. :cool:

lana

Well I've only been using the Vitamin E for a few weeks and it's really helped my flaky scalp (I have a digestive problem which leads to flaky scalp) and it has also thickened up my new growth so I'm keeping it in my regimen. But like I said, what works for one may not work for all.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm going to go ahead and send her the email with a short product list.

andreab

lana said:
Hey you guys. My friend loves my hair. Which is great and I was very flattered. But she asked me to email her my entire regimen. Well I was thinking that what I do to my hair isn't necessarily best for her head. So can you all help me come up with a regimen. Her hair is about 2 inches long, she cut it all off and has been wearing wigs. So she's starting from scratch. The hair she has is relaxed, but she doesn't want to relax anymore.

Okay so here is what I've come up with so far:

1. Condition wash every three days and braid
2. Oil scalp pre-wash with vitamin E oil and post wash with vitamin E oil
(This has been working for me and increasing growth but it's optional, some people don't put anything on the scalp).
3. Moisturize your braids twice a day with fav moisturizer
4. Protein treatment once per month with fav protein conditioner
5. Overall trim of damaged and split ends (cause I haven't seen her hair, she just told me what it's looking like).

I'm thinking that's all she needs right now. But I need to give her a product list. I use CON Shampoo and I use a variety of conditioners. But I enjoy Redken Conditioner overall. :)

Is that too simple? Since she's wearing a wig I thought it was best to keep it simple.

This sounds good. I love Dove Shampoo over CON. Hot 6 oil is also a good to mix with Vitamin E or alone. CW don't always work for everyone once she tries it see how she does. Washing every 4 days is best for me.