Biotin

CarLiTa

Hello, thanks for stopping by. I just added Biotin to my vitamin regimen. I'd like some feedback on people who have taken it to see if it really works for hair growth because I'm looking to increase my growth rate from 0.5" to anything more!
Is there anyone on here who also takes Biotin? If so, how many mg or mcg? and how do you think it has impacted your hair growth, nail, and skin look? Thanks!

Starian

I take about 5 miligrams of Biotin a day. It works. When I was taking it just by itself my hair grew an extra inch a month. Your nails will grow astronomically fast, too. But be forewarned, if taking it for an extended period of time you MAY notice your skin breaking out more than usual.Since I already have acne, it just kinded of blended in, lol. But you may be lucky and not have any breakouts due to it. Just drink lots of water to balance it out.

CarLiTa

OH really? Thanks, i'm really glad to hear this. I've only been taking it for a week. and I got my relaxer a week and a half ago. I just upgraded from 3mg to 5mg a day. I THINK I see some a teeny wee bit of new growth already but I don't wanna bring my hopes up for nothing, so I"m just waiting for a good improvement. I do drink a lot of water, about 7-10 glasses a day; I got used to it, except that I have to urinate a lot *sucks when u're in high-school* Anyway, thanks a lot! hoping to see results really soon! I do notice that my nails are growing long! without breaking! cuz i have brittle nails. Hopefully my hair will follow the same route. Thanks

SUPER SWEET

I have been taking it for about three months and i see more hair EVERYWHERE. I hope i dont get a mustache! My nails are growing for the first time in life too. I am happy with the results overall. The only gripe is that im having acne brakeouts more often.

Jewell

I have been taking biotin (800 mcg) for about 4 years now, after reading an article by a dermatologist where he advised to take about 800 mcg of biotin a day to see a 25% increase in hair and nail growth over a month. It has never caused my skin to break out, because I had never exceeded 800 mcg (which is 267% of the daily value) a day.

My GNC Ultra Nourishair caplet has about 400% of the daily value for biotin (1200 mcg), so although the bottle recommends taking two a day, I only take one. Every time I trim my hair, the same amount will grow back within a month. My nails grow exceedingly fast too. (FYI: Since taking Flaxseed Oil, my skin has been so supple that I don't even have to apply a daily moisturizer to my face. I just use my Herbal Essences Face Wash, and follow with Sea Breeze Astringent. My face is never dry...plus my skin allover is less dry than it used to be. I no longer have dry scalp either).

Last edited:

confused_one

I had bought the GNC's "hair skin & nail" vitamin, which i think had 1200 mcg of biotin or was it 2500mcg (i forgot), anyway i broke out in hives that same day, i wasn't sure what broke me out until i took it again and my skin turned read and started burning, i realized it was the vitamin but i didn't realize it was the biotin in the vitamin until i started using surge and saw that i was getting the same reaction from that (surge contain's biotin) anyway i can take biotin in very low dosages, right now im taking the nourishair & centrum which together totals to 630mcg of biotin which doesn't really bother me. Soon im gonna stop the nourishair thou and replace with something even lower in biotin.

hairlover

I just raised my biotin intake to (10,000 mcg.) i also take flaxseed oil (1000mg) msm(4,000mg), horsetail(440 mg), vitamin e ( 1000i.u.),. i've noticed a little more than an inch a month of hair growth. my skin has not broken out either. hope this helps. (i drink lots of bottled water too)