Biotin-spinoff

I recently read a thread that discussed some of the negative effects of biotin, but who has taken biotin and have seen positive results with their hair growth, please also note the amount of biotin you take daily. I'm currently taking 5500 mcg of biotin daily with no adverse effects, I've only been taking it for about two weeks and I think I'm already starting to see some progress:yep:.

RosesBlack

I don't recall my dose but I've noticed my hair texture seems a bit looser where I have NG.

And can I get an amen about the chin hairs BS?

My nails look fabulous though. I'm loving the nails.

caramelma

I have been using 5000mcg of biotin for about two months now and i know that my hair is growing from my use of it because i had thin edges from micro braids and they are filling in nicely. I also just started using my mixture of MTG( mtg,castor oil, blue magic coconut oil) to speed things up a bit and my nails are growing like crazy.:yep:

Last edited:

Ivonnovi

Thanks to these posts I'm back on Biotin. Ahem, starting 5 min ago.

RE the chin hairs: In another minute I'll be putting a pair of tweezers in my purse. Thank You

monikr

I took 1000mcg daily. It completed recreated my hairline, my nails were stronger, and oddly enough, my arm hair also got a bit longer. or something.
I'm taking a break now because my face decided to rebel:wallbash:, but the results were good overall.

TooCute

Is anyone here that is taking it - having major breakouts?

I am scared to go back....:blush:

I just posted my horror story several days ago. I have to admit now that I have a little bit a NG on my edges/nape (currently have a sew-in)

I'm quite tempted to go back, but I'm going to have to ease my way in with like 300mcg or a hair/nail supplement with Biotin as an ingredient cause that 5000mcg (with centrum and lots of water) killed my face.

talata

I recently read a thread that discussed some of the negative effects of biotin, but who has taken biotin and have seen positive results with their hair growth, please also note the amount of biotin you take daily. I'm currently taking 5500 mcg of biotin daily with no adverse effects, I've only been taking it for about two weeks and I think I'm already starting to see some progress:yep:.

I think 2 weeks is a bit early to see any effects from biotin. I took it for a month and a half - 5000mcg... and boy has my face been distroyed:wallbash: and I mean this literally. Unfortunately for me, I had no clue it was the Biotin that was causing the breakouts after 3 weeks of taking it so I just kept on popping away. My face broke out so bad I actually took a week off from work cos I thought I was having a horrible allergic reaction to something. It was during my time off that I bumped into the threads talking about the negative effects - but too late for me.

Needless to say, I've discontinued Biotin, on prescription medication for acne and getting bi-monthly facials. Maybe one day I'll get my beautiful face back.:cry:.

But to be fair on Biotin, it did grow my hair - really thick growth too. The photo in my siggy is as a result of my almost 2 month stint with biotin.