What's your experience with the Argan Oil from Sally's? I love it... so far

What does it smell like?

I want to try this but certain smells of oils I cant take...for instance.. castor oil..it makes me gag.

I just started a thread about sallys argan oil..:spinning: (searching is fundamental..:lachen:) I used it for the first time last night and again tonight and my hair looks/feels amazing. It's a keeper. I used it to seal.

I love it! I dont use it as a moisturizer I use it to seal my hair. I use either aphogee green tea keratin mist or the provitamin leave in then seal with argan oil. I love the way it makes my hair feel :) I use a lil daily. I flat twist my hair and blend with my weave

My hair usually doesn't like cones, but I'm sorta interested in trying this the next time I flat-iron my hair since that's the only time my hair can tolerate cones.

I've only used it a few times, but I like it so far (and I LOVE the smell--I'm a sucker for good smelling products). I've used it so far on damp hair. Once I used it on freshly washed hair and put nothing else on my hair (I was going to flat iron but changed my mind). And I was suprised at how soft and moisturized my hair felt the next day, even though I hadn't used a leave-in or anything else. Another time I used it to seal in moisture after putting on my leave-in (just like with any other oil I have).

But I really want to try it next before I flat iron. If it can help my flat ironed hair be smoother and less poofy it will be officially inducted into my "Holy Grail" hall of fame.

I need to try it for awhile longer before I give it a thumbs up, but it definitely shows great promise. My hair feels softer and a bit silkier after using it. And for once I'm glad I jumped on the pj bandwagon. ;)

has anyone tried this while rollersetting? I'm thinking of trying this with a ponytail rollerset. (My hair at 15 weeks post doesn't agree with a regular rollerset lol)

has anyone tried this while rollersetting? I'm thinking of trying this with a ponytail rollerset. (My hair at 15 weeks post doesn't agree with a regular rollerset lol)

I just tried this yesterday with a ponytail rollerset. Very nice results!! :yep:
My hair is super soft!!!! It came out great. The only other product I used was the miracle 7 in one leave in which I have been using for all my roller sets except the first one.
I thinK i may have used too much because what happened was that it spilled on my dresser :sad: and I didn't want to waste. :look:

I love it and my girl friend says she never got so many compliments in her life, she has WL hair and it is very beautiful this is her icing on the cake.

For me It is GREAT as well, it is also mY ICING on the CAKE, been using it since the beginning of November 09, LOVE IT!!!

My siggy has Argan oil and Herstyler Serum :) SHINEY~~~~~!!!!

I have the One & Only Argan Oil (Sally) and I also have the Morrocan Oil.

And I must Admit, the One & Only is Good Stuff.:grin:

This Last time I used it after I applied my Leave In and got under the dryer.

Hair Dried Nice and Super Soft.:lick:

Will Definitely make this part of my Regi to apply to damp hair before drying.

Do yourself a favour T, upgrade and get the real thing. Lately I've been sealing with it, and the softness that I experience when I take off my scarf is just incredible.

Yes 100% Argan is expensive, but the oil is so rich and concentrated that it'll last a very long time. I have a 250ml bottle but it appears as if it's hardly been used. The only downside is that it doesn't smell pretty like the Sallys version.

Last edited:
Do yourself a favour T, upgrade and get the real thing. Lately I've been sealing with it, and the softness that I experience when I take off my scarf is just incredible.

Yes 100% Argan is expensive, but the oil is so rich and concentrated that it'll last a very long time. I have a 250ml bottle but it appears as if it's hardly been used. The only downside is that it doesn't smell pretty like the Sallys version.

Thanks for the Tip Tee!:yep: I will look into it.

I am all for Excellent "Performance" and less concerned with smell.

Thanks for the Tip!:grin:

What brand of 100% Argan have you purchased and where did you purchase it?

I'm not too sold on the cones in the sally rendition. It is great to use on flat ironed natural hair though.

just tried this and as a natural who could never get my hair slick and smooth, it is the business! I totally love it! Makes my hair silky, smooth and shiny. Defnitely a must try. I used chi keratin mist on wet hair, then put this over and blow dried and flat ironed. My hair was silky soft, yet strong. I am impressed! I like it better than sabino, which i tried two weeks ago. Sabino seemed to make my hair burn and have a "smell". It also weighed my hair down. The argan from Sally's gives me weightless, shiny bliss.
Thanks for this review. I've had a good size bottle of this since August and haven't used it yet. I'm gonna pull it out and use it soon.

Thanks again!

I bought some when it was on sale but haven't used it yet. I am glad to see a review about it.

What brand of 100% Argan have you purchased and where did you purchase it?

I'm not too sold on the cones in the sally rendition. It is great to use on flat ironed natural hair though.

I live in London so my retailer is here in UK. I'm pretty sure you can find a seller online if you google. I use Organic Argan.

^^^ thanks I will.

Ladies, Do you think its a bad idea to use argan oil (sally's one and only) to press being that it has oil in it? I've read here that if you press with oil it fries your hair. But trust me, I'm loving the smooth silky effect and feel. Sabino has a semi- tacky / sticky feel and my nape hair literally stick out from the bottom.

I looking for a new pressing serum with cones only that wont revert my hair back. Not sure it using Argan oil from the beginning will do that with the oils in it and all.

^^^ thanks I will.

Ladies, Do you think its a bad idea to use argan oil (sally's one and only) to press being that it has oil in it? I've read here that if you press with oil it fries your hair. But trust me, I'm loving the smooth silky effect and feel. Sabino has a semi- tacky / sticky feel and my nape hair literally stick out from the bottom.

I looking for a new pressing serum with cones only that wont revert my hair back. Not sure it using Argan oil from the beginning will do that with the oils in it and all.

I think if you're light with the oil you should be okay, if you're heavy handed with the oil and you proceed to flat iron that may present future problems. Personally I would use just a small dab of the oil as well as a heat protectant actually designed for thermal styling.

I purchased my Argan Oil from Henna Sooq. The scent wasn't pretty - it was nutty and I didn't like it.

I mentioned this to Khadija and she sent me some sweet orange oil. I added a drop of the essential oil to the Argan and the nuttiness is replaced with a lush orange scent. :lick: I love the smell and now I love my Argan Oil.

^^^ thanks I will.

I don't think it would be bad, because the 1st ingredients are cones that have heat protectant properties. I have Redken Smooth Down Heat glide and that has a small amount of oil in it- I think the amnts of oil in both products is miniscule. Hth.

I LOVE this stuff. After I wash and DC, I put it in my hair prior to my blow out and it has made a big difference in my flat ironing. I also switch it up with Chi Silk Infusion as my daily sealer. And yes indeed, a very little goes a DUMB long way, I have been using the same tiny bottle for months now and I'm sure I won't need a new one until my next touch up at the end of April.

UPDATE:

I have now tried this and I LOVE IT!!!:love2::love3:

I haved:smooches:the bottle! This will now be apart of my 'serious stash supplies' for my hair...no doubt!

ok based on all of the comments just went & got this on my lunch break will have to let you guys know how I like it. also some mentioned that they did not like the bottle, me neither so I bought a color applicator bottle (on sale .99) it has a small hole at the top (hth)

Great Product. I like to apply a little with my Leave In before I go under the Dryer.

It makes my Hair Dry, Nice and Shiny.:grin:

I tried the argan oil today on my rollerset. I LOVE the results..shiny and soft:grin:!!!! It will definitely be a staple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use MoroccanOil from time to time and I like it. I use it on damp hair because it distributes better on the hair. Also, I find that it gives me more elasticity and my hair isn't sticky after use like some other oils do. My only complaint is the cost, but since we don't have any Sally BSS in Montreal (Quebec), I'll have to keep on going with that brand until I find a cheaper alternative to it...

I use MoroccanOil from time to time and I like it. I use it on damp hair because it distributes better on the hair. Also, I find that it gives me more elasticity and my hair isn't sticky after use like some other oils do. My only complaint is the cost, but since we don't have any Sally BSS in Montreal (Quebec), I'll have to keep on going with that brand until I find a cheaper alternative to it...

Where did you buy the Moroccan Oil?

I was in Zellers yesterday and they have Argan Oil by Live Clean for $12. You can check the website to see where else you can purchase it (mostly pharmacies). You should look into it! :)

Someone here was kind enough to send me the Argan Oil from Sally's, but once it's done, I may try the Live Clean version to see if it compares.

Back