How do you use your PURE argan oil?

sensi sweetie

And im not talking about Moroccan Oil or that silly stuff you get from Sally's :nono:

While visiting family in Germany I found a little Moroccan Shop in Munchen where this kind man sells only Argan oil and tea herbs.

He presented me a certificate of authenticity so I could be confident I was getting the real deal- cold pressed, unrefined, cosmetic grade, hand made argan oil at your service! :lick:

Despite giving me a very generous deal on a fairly large bottle (and a delicious cup of tea while we chatted) the stuff is still rather expensive.

So, how are you ladies using your pure Argan oil? In DCs? Sealing? Somebody school me :grin:

choctaw

Mustapha's food grade moroccan oil is the bomb in lentil soup with tomato base. The smell and flavor in stews is excellent. I don't have a clue about cosmetic grade ...

sensi sweetie

Mustapha's food grade moroccan oil is the bomb in lentil soup with tomato base. The smell and flavor in stews is excellent. I don't have a clue about cosmetic grade ...

LOL! Ya I also got roasted Argan Oil to use as salad dressing.... :lick: I like yo taste in food ;)

cornaline

And im not talking about Moroccan Oil or that silly stuff you get from Sally's :nono:

While visiting family in Germany I found a little Moroccan Shop in Munchen where this kind man sells only Argan oil and tea herbs.

He presented me a certificate of authenticity so I could be confident I was getting the real deal- cold pressed, unrefined, cosmetic grade, hand made argan oil at your service! :lick:

Despite giving me a very generous deal on a fairly large bottle (and a delicious cup of tea while we chatted) the stuff is still rather expensive.

So, how are you ladies using your pure Argan oil? In DCs? Sealing? Somebody school me :grin:

I use it for sealing only. Super shinny hair garanteed !! :grin: I find it too expensive to DC with it.

sensi sweetie

I use it for sealing only. Super shinny hair garanteed !! :grin: I find it too expensive to DC with it.

Good to know! I think I will do the same. I will only add a few drops to my hardcore overnight type DCs. Is this oil heavy when used for sealing? I have fine strands that get weighed down easily.

Solitude

a little on my ends or as a skin moisturizer. I have a very small bottle that was pretty pricey. (Josie Maran) Not sure if I'll re-order.

sensi sweetie

I mix it with my JBCO for sealing and shine. I like it altho it is pricey.

Hmmm interesting idea. I was under the impression that castor oil would be to heavy for sealing, but perhaps that is something I should try.. I like the idea of stretching the argan oil by blending it with another oil. :yep: Thanks!

Loveygram

Love this stuff. Mixed with other oils for sealing after moisturizing and with heat protectant when flat ironing hair. A little bit goes a long way on skin (mainly the face).

cornaline

Good to know! I think I will do the same. I will only add a few drops to my hardcore overnight type DCs. Is this oil heavy when used for sealing? I have fine strands that get weighed down easily.

It is a light oil I would say the lighther than castor oil and EVOO but a bit heavier than jojoba. I have sine strands too and it will not weigh your hair down if used sparingly.

sensi sweetie

It is a light oil I would say the lighther than castor oil and EVOO but a bit heavier than jojoba. I have sine strands too and it will not weigh your hair down if used sparingly.

Hmmm, good to know! I have used jojoba to seal before so hopefully argan will work a charm :) Can't wait to get home so I can unwrap the bottle! (its all taped up in bubble wrap for the flight)

AimWard

Oh, I love pure argan oil!!! I use it on my ends and on my face as a moisturizer. I have super duper duper oily, acne prone skin. Argan oil sinks right in, it doesn't break me out (though some claim it's highly comedogenic, not so when it comes to my skin) and I almost want to say that it helps control my oil production.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
After I spritz my hair with my leave-in, I add a little bit of Pure Argan and get under the dryer. Very Shiny Hair.

Good Stuff. Expensive, but IMO worth the price.

janda

I use mine as a facial moisturizer and it has been wonderful. Occasionally I have used it in a scalp message concoction.

Allandra

I've been using PURE argan since November 1, 2010, and I love this stuff.

I use it on my flat ironed hair. It absorbs right into the hair (no greasy feeling or greasy looking at all). My hair still feels like silk when I use this stuff, and my hair still moves when I use it (lots of SWANG :yep: ). I haven't used any cones since using this stuff.

I also tried it on my face a few times (at night). It absorbs right into the skin, and it makes my skin feel incredibly soft.

It's expensive, but I love it, and I'm keeping this stuff in my stash. :up:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I use argan oil for a heat protectant when I use it. My argan oil isn't pure. However, the argan oil I purchased from Sally's was relatively inexpensive but the MoroccanOil Brand argan oil purchased was quite pricey.

tricie

I use it in my DCs and in my MT and BT mixes; use it on my face every now and then. It is pricey, but I get mine (virgin, organic) from From Nature With Love in the 4 oz size, and it's about $32.23:

Virgin Organic Argan Oil - FNWL

HTH and HHJ!

LushLox

I use it in my DC's as well as sealing... It doesn't seem as expensive over here compared to what you guys pay.

greenandchic

I've been wonder how argan oil compares to jojoba oil. I did try a little of both (samples) on my skin and it was hard to see a difference between the two in terms of texture and how it absorbs into the skin and hair.

winona

I have use it in my sealing mix (Argan/Rice Bran/Castor Oil), my version of Oyin Dew, setting lotion mix (used a very little) and lastly mixed a little extra with my Argan Oil Ecostyler gel. All the ways stated worked like a charm for soft shiny hair that wasnt weighed down