ARGAN OIL - WHO'S USING IT?!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
i have it but have been very stingy with it because everywhere i looked people were charging outrageous rates (i paid like $28 for like 50 ml) now that hennasooq has it ill be purchasing from her

So far Henna Sooq has the best price.
:yep:

I hope the scent of the oil is something I can live with.

producjunki

If I'm not mistaken, it's a website that has 100% morracan oil and products from Morraco, called www.morrocanoil.com. (I think I spelled it right, and if I didn't please forgive me)

comike

I use Moroccan Oil and the Moroccan Oil hydrating cream. I love it. I use it prior to blow drying. Makes my hair really soft and silky-looking. Also, I've noticed that my hair holds up against humidity a little better.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have the Morrocan Oil but Not the Argan:perplexed Will Give this one Serious Consideration after I use up a few things.:yep:

Almaz

Real Argan oil Is processed by women in cooperatives. Some use machines which are not reliable and break down. In other parts they still use the goats. Saw it with my own eyes. Yes they climb the trees. This is how it has been processed for Thousands of years.

People cook with it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQev3UoGp2M

I've read other sites where they say that's a myth about the goat. I do know that traditionally it's processed only by women and it's a long process since it's done w/o machines and the like.

JerriBlank

I loooveeee argan oil:yep:
I used to apply it to my hair without anything else on it because i loved it that much.
It is very light to me actually,and i could use it for a few days straight w/o getting build up.

The reason i stopped purchasing it is because it started getting harder and harder to acquire,and the prices online were getting outrageous to me.The whold foods in my area stopped selling it as well.
If i could find it for a decent price in a decent size(where i wouldn't have to be re-purchasing every two weeks:perplexed)I would def. look into it again:yep:.

EDIT:Also,i was using refined argan oil.

simcha

I picked up two bottles of it when I was in Morocco and fell in love with it. I use it on my hair to seal while wet, to seal after my shea butter mix and on my face as a night moisturizer.

I found some at Whole Foods for $25 for 8 oz (240 ml).

Last edited:

RieB81

Real Argan oil Is processed by women in cooperatives. Some use machines which are not reliable and break down. In other parts they still use the goats. Saw it with my own eyes. Yes they climb the trees. This is how it has been processed for Thousands of years.

People cook with it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQev3UoGp2M

Thanks for clearing that up. I did taste it and it's kinda of a sweet, nutty taste. The site I bought from sells it as a cooking oil.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm using Agadir Argan Oil Hair Treatment and so far I love it. :yep: My stylist gave me three .25oz containers. I love the way it makes my hair feel. I like the smell too. It has cones in it. A little dab'll do ya.

twnz&1mo

The pj in me made me buy Argan Oil and Morroccanoil and they seem to be the same. And both places the I bought the oils from suggested only using a dab. I'm 100% but I do want to wear my hair straight from time to time, so I used them Friday. I forgot to mention I used Mizani Thermasmooth line along with the oils. I think Friday I used the Aragon and Saturday I used the morroccanoil. And today my hair still feels light and not weighed down at all. I don't think I need to do anything else with my hair. I might flat iron on the lowest setting of my Sensu flat iron because I didn't wrap my hair last night, but I did sleep on my satin pillow as usual. I just like the end of freshly flat ironed hair.