What's your experience with the Argan Oil from Sally's? I love it... so far

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Anyone use that new Argan Oil from Sally's? I love it! :yep: I'm wondering HOW you ladies are using it?? It's supposed to be moisturizing, right? I used it right after washing/flat-ironing Saturday and then put a little on this morning. I'll be sure to moisturize tonight also. I know it's full of cones so I'm wondering if I should leave it alone until the next wash??

It makes my hair sooooo soft, just like the Morrocanoil or Lacio Lacio but I'm afraid of over-using it. One drawback, my hair won't curl as well, but maybe I used too much. It's so soft that it feels thinner, like after a fresh relaxer :ohwell:

I have another issue that's probably unrelated: I usually don't wear my hair flat-wrapped but more of a curlier style to hide the uneven layers. I noticed my nape is starting to look obviously thin and I was so mad I almost chopped off 2 inches or so last night. I rushed onto LHCF and read that it's probably from these stupid layers growing in (at least I HOPE). But I talked myself out of the BC after reading about layers making it look thin.

Anyway, trying not to worry about the layers, but does anybody use this stuff? What are your experiences? Good or bad over time? Does it make your hair appear thinner?

TIA!!

I don't know if I'm getting any hair health benefit from it but it sure makes my hair feel good.

I love the way it makes my hair feel on damp hair, before I blow dry. I use a dab of it with my CHI.

I love it so far. A little goes a long way! I haven't been using it for a full month yet but so far so good. And I love the light fragrance!

I use it when I'm sealing and I luv the way it smells! And it's not greasy at all :)

So true a little goes a long way...

Looks like we all agree on how good it makes our hair feel. As far as long term, looks like we're all gonna have to be the guinea pigs together. It's amazing how it doesn't make your hair feel greasy. And the smell is great too.

Thanks for the input!

I cannot stay out of these threads.... I love it. I have never had an oil or serum agree with my hair as much as Argan oil. I could care less about the cones in it. I have used it daily with out any problems. I have bought 100% pure Argan oil from Camden Grey, I didn't like it that much as a sealant, but almost had a hairgasm when I added some to my DC mix.

ETA- I like it better than Moroccan oil because it goes on smoother and is not so thick.

Last edited:
I cannot stay out of these threads.... I love it. I have never had an oil or serum agree with my hair as much as Argan oil. I could care less about the cones in it. I have used it daily with out any problems. I have bought 100% pure Argan oil from Camden Grey, I didn't like it that much as an sealant, but almost had a hairgasm when I added a some to my DC mix.

ETA- I like it better than Moroccan oil because it goes on smoother and is not so thick.

Now that you told me you use it everyday I won't feel so bad using it more often. It's almost miraculous the way it makes it so soft. I'm gonna definitely keep up on the regular moisture though just in case. And I love cones too, mainly because I like to use heat at least once a week. I ran out of squeeze bottles but I'm gonna pour it into one of those. That's the only drawback to it, the way you have to pour it out of the bottle.

I like using it daily as a protector on my ends.

ETA: about your ends looking thin. Yes it has to do with the layers. I've had to cut my back off 3 times before the layers in the top of my head caught up with the bottom layers. That bottom layer just hangs alone making your hair seem thin, but in reality, it looks thin because it's only a 1 or 2 inch section of hair hanging alone.

I hated the look of it and kept cutting it off.

I like using it daily as a protector on my ends.

ETA: about your ends looking thin. Yes it has to do with the layers. I've had to cut my back off 3 times before the layers in the top of my head caught up with the bottom layers. That bottom layer just hangs alone making your hair seem thin, but in reality, it looks thin because it's only a 1 or 2 inch section of hair hanging alone.

I hated the look of it and kept cutting it off.

Aw man, three times? I'm trying to hang on as long as I can but I can tell it won't be long before I chop. I'll probably do a little at a time like you probably did. Mine looks soooooo bad and I'm glad you know what I'm talking about. I'm happy that the crown is finally catching up but Gheez! I had no clue it would start looking like this.:nono: It's disappointing after all the hard work. Next time I grow my hair back I'll keep the back shaved until the other parts pass it.

Isn't that oil just full of cones? I just read the ingredients on sallys and was considering purchase.

Isn't that oil just full of cones? I just read the ingredients on sallys and was considering purchase.

Yes, it's full of cones so if your hair doesn't do well with them I guess it wouldn't be a good idea for you. I just looooooove them so it doesn't bother me. I was using Lacio Lacio before this and that's full of cones too.

Make sure you read the reviews on Sally's website also because it's got almost a 100% good review rating.

Not the oil itself but the product that they sell, the product has lots of cones and the actual argan oil is one of the last ingredients, it's a very rare expensive oil that only grows in certain regions of Morocco but it has many health benefits not just for hair, but for everything
But people seem to love the products with the cones mixed w/ argan oil, rather than using and buying argan oil straight,

I love it but I realize it's not pure Argan Oil. Its full of cones and I'm afraid to use it daily.

Is the Moroccan Oil 100% pure Argan oil?

I love the Sally's argon oil brand. I use it mainly when I wear my hair out to becuase it doesn't weigh the hair down.

i use it once a month when i flatiron....i love it. don't plan on straying away anytime soon. it's 10 x better than chi to be because you only need a very small amount to produce wonderful results plus it leaves my hair silky soft & blinging all day. if you don't use cones then this is not the oil/serum for you.

I have the One & Only Argan Oil (Sally) and I also have the Morrocan Oil.

And I must Admit, the One & Only is Good Stuff.:grin:

This Last time I used it after I applied my Leave In and got under the dryer.

Hair Dried Nice and Super Soft.:lick:

Will Definitely make this part of my Regi to apply to damp hair before drying.

Yea this is definitely my air-drying serum. my hair air dried so soft. my ends were still a bit dry but i smoothed some argan oil before i flat ironed and my hair is nice, shiny, and soft. i have the sample of moroccan oil and these basically do the same thing. so theres no need to spend the $40 when you can get this stuff and it does the same thing.

I have the One & Only Argan Oil (Sally) and I also have the Morrocan Oil.

And I must Admit, the One & Only is Good Stuff.:grin:

This Last time I used it after I applied my Leave In and got under the dryer.

Hair Dried Nice and Super Soft.:lick:

Will Definitely make this part of my Regi to apply to damp hair before drying.

Girl, I swear you have every single product ever made!! :lachen:

I really like and it and like all the other posters have stated a little goes a long way.

I have been curious about this oil as well. So none of the Moroccan Oils out there is even pure Argan oil? Even the expensive ones. I wonder what pure Argan oil would do, or if its the emulsification of silicone and Argan that produces the results.

Maybe any high grade silicone would do the same?

I love what silicone does to my hair - but not for my hair. It doesn't benefit it but tricks me into thinking it is with the smoothness and the shine.

Maybe I will give this a try.

just tried this and as a natural who could never get my hair slick and smooth, it is the business! I totally love it! Makes my hair silky, smooth and shiny. Defnitely a must try. I used chi keratin mist on wet hair, then put this over and blow dried and flat ironed. My hair was silky soft, yet strong. I am impressed! I like it better than sabino, which i tried two weeks ago. Sabino seemed to make my hair burn and have a "smell". It also weighed my hair down. The argan from Sally's gives me weightless, shiny bliss.

Back