What's your experience with the Argan Oil from Sally's? I love it... so far

I just picked up a bottle of this from Sally's yesterday. I hope my hair meets the same great fate as the rest of you ladies hair. I read that a little goes a loooong way. Would it be too much if I added a dab to my deep condition, then added a dab to my hair before blowdrying and then finally a dab to my hair before flat ironing? I'm transitioning (6 months post) and I need all the moisture/shine that I can get at this point! However, I don't want to overdo it.

I love sally's argan oil. IT MAKES MY HAIR SOO SOFT. I use it as a sealant. The only drawback is that it will give your hair a slight reddish/pinkish tint

I really liked it until I tried "Pure" Argan Oil from Hennasooq. Doubt if I will replace my once beloved One & Only.:sad:

And btw: You need even "less" of the Pure:look:

I may hafta' roll w/the Pure Argan from now on!:grin:

I love sally's argan oil. IT MAKES MY HAIR SOO SOFT. I use it as a sealant. The only drawback is that it will give your hair a slight reddish/pinkish tint

AlliCat, Oh no! Is this a permanent tint? Is the tint noticable? And how long does one have to use the product before this color change stats to set in? I really don't want any other color on my hair right now. Dang, some things are just too good to be true. *sigh*

I add the Sally's brand Argan Oil to my relaxer :) and I've used with daily styling... The smell is nice and I noticed Sally's had added shampoo and conditioner too. (haven't tried those yet)

Never noticed a tint on my hair though.

It certainly smells and feels nice but one day I read the ingredient list and discovered that argan oil isn't at the top of the list so I stopped using it.

Okay ladies I have some Joico serum and some 100% pure Argan oil. I am thinking I could just take a small dab of both and use it that way to get the same results as Moroccan oil rather than buy yet another product. I've worked hard to kick the PJ habit and so really don't want to buy anything else.

I like it. Im almost done with my second bottle and I like the mask also. I return the shampoo because it was too drying even though its sulfate free.

ljbee, noooo its not permanent. the color goes away when u wash your hair. for those who don't notice a tint, try looking at your hair in sunlight

I love this oil!! Oddly enough I use it to set my hair when I put in my satin rollers and it causes my hair to hold a curl better than actual setting lotion!!! Or maybe it's all in my mind...lol! Either way, I love this stuff and it makes my hair smell like warm puppies!! :)

I picked up the whole set this week since there was a buy 2 get one 1 free special...I went back today to get the shampoo. Why? Because I like to try things in "sets." I am going to give the products a chance for at least 2-3 months (putting my beloved Kenra and Ultra Black Hair Conditioners on the back burner for now). I don't read this forum often...so I'm reading the reviews of this product now (did a *search* and this thread came up). If the oil is decent, I may try the pure form of it at some point. For now, the "silicones" do not bother me...I'm going to try the products for the first time tomorrow (or maybe tonight?).

OK I wanted to try the one from Sally's since I am always walking past it but I am trying to minimize my cone usage. We shall see! The price is definitely right for the one at Sally's.

Back