WHATS WRONG WITH ME?

Casarela

Hi Ladies,

My scalp has been itching like crazy but when I say like crazy ...im slapping my head real hard. Im in braids , they are new braids got them on the 22nd or 23rd. I washed them I had no problem but out of the blue this afternoon gossssssssssshhhhhhhh it started to a itch and now I just feel like yelling because it itches so much. What did I do wrong? I never get itchies like that. Its not my first time wearing braids. I sprayed my braids as usual. My scalp is clean , I dont get it . HELP!! PLEASE HELP!

daaiyah

Is your scalp dry? I mean do you need to grease your scalp to protect your skin? Sometimes winter air can make you itch alot.

Nazarite27

Perhaps you should do an ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) rinse? That might help.

I don't know if you have synthetic or human hair, but maybe you are having an allergic reaction to the chemicals in the hair?

I would also start applying Neosporin or MN on my scalp daily -- or even MTG or something with sulfur.

I hope this helps!

Casarela

Hi Ladies, my scalp is not dry at all. I dont grease my scalp at all I spritz it thats about it. As for the hair yes its kanekalon and I never had that reaction before and been wearing it for a long type. I think it has to do with the cold harsh temperature most probably.

Austro-Afrikana

Next time soak the hair in diluted vinegar before you wear the braids. As for now, im not sure if maybe pouring some kind of vinegar on would do the trick. No harm in tryin

The Princess

OMG I had this problem before, I got braid on wed and by Fri night they were out, I was literaly scratching my scalp off, that it start bleeding, apparenly the hair I had use was the culprit. As soon as I took the hair out, my scalp stop itching, like immediately. That was my last time getting braids. Im thinking I had a bad batch of hair.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

OMG I had this problem before, I got braid on wed and by Fri night they were out, I was literaly scratching my scalp off, that it start bleeding, apparenly the hair I had use was the culprit. As soon as I took the hair out, my scalp stop itching, like immediately. That was my last time getting braids. Im thinking I had a bad batch of hair.

I had a reaction too after having braids before and they were kanekalon. I switched to human hair and no problems.

vpoetic

If you have aloe Vera (the plant) then open it up and put some on your scalp. I promise you that it work instantly.

ACV rinse did the trick for me. I got braided without rinsing and my scalp was on fire itching a day later and me scratching it. The next time I did the ACV rinse and got braided the next day and I wore those braids for like 8 weeks without itching at all.

Iluvsmuhgrass

My hair is doing this and very little of what I do is helping. It's loose and I usually bun but OMG this winter my scalp has been itching like I have mange. :perplexed

I moisturized, sealed, and oiled. I don't have a dry scalp but it itched, then got really sore, then I had a growth spurt. I am so confused.