Itchy Scalp Since Getting Box Braids

GraceJones

My scalp has been itching like crazy.

I washed the day before I got braids. I noticed my scalp was itching but just attributed it to dryness. I used some Cantu ACV Root Relief. It felt good for a minute, but still itched. I put some Wild Growth oil and still itches like crazy.

I cowashed with HH a week later because I thought it might just need washing? It's still itchy!! Do you think it might be growth stimulated by the pulling of the braids?

IDK if I am allergic to the hair. The hair is laying on my shoulders and neck but they don't itch. Just my scalp.

Black Ambrosia

I'm guessing you're allergic to the hair. They say you should soak the hair before braiding for 30 minutes in ACV and water. I don't think there's anything you can do now for lasting relief. You'll need to wait a week or so for new growth. Once it's not sitting on your scalp the itching will go away.

LeftRightRepeat

Is it too tight? if so, can you wash it at the root of the braid? ( i don't know what kind of hair you used and how it reacts to water)

futureapl

This happens to me every time I get a any type of weave in my hair. The last time I soaked it in ACV and water and it still itched like crazy.