What products do you use to moisturize and seal??

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
What products do you use to moisturize and seal your hair?? I'm asking because I'm tweaking my reggie and I wanted to know what products are good in others opinions. My hair is THIRSTY all the time!

Missi

I moisture my hair Macherieamour's way w/ UBH Creme Moisturize Lotion and I seal my ends w/ castor oil.

lollyoo

elasta qp oil recovery. seal with sweet almond oil (v.light), but if experiencing dryness or the next day after wash i prefer to seal with castor oil.

vevster

I use either QHEMETS Olive Oil detangling with a hemp butter or a hemp sheen spray

OR

Rene Furterer’s Karite Moisturizer(in a pump) with hemp butter or hemp sheen spray.

Now, because of this thread, I want to use what macherieamour uses. :perplexed

HoneyDew

I use Qhemet's Burdock Root Butter cream sealed with Nasabb's Kelechi oil.

When I am closer to relaxer time I alternate using Qhemet's Olive Heavy cream on my ends a few times a week still sealing with Nasabb's Kelechi oil. It is too heavy to use any other time.

Moroni

Right now I'm lovin' Kid's Organic detangling moisturizer mixed with SAA. I seal with Vatika oil, plain coconut oil or castor oil, depending on the way I want to wear my hair.

ttlayli

I moisturize with QP Elasta's Mango butter and I seal with either Coconut or Castor oil....I hope this is good enough! lol :rolleyes:

fivetimestwo

I use my personal butter mix (shea & avocado butters mixed w/ aloe vera gel) and I seal with castor oil. On wash days I apply Giovanni Direct leave-in first and then follow with the butter mix & castor oil.

bluevalentine

right now i am in search of the perfect moisturizer but i doubt i'll ever find one lol. so for now i'm using either a little bit of scurl sealed with wild growth oil OR just a little bit of water sealed with wild growth oil.

neenee280

Whatever my favorite dominican leave in is for the moment and then seal with my various oil mixtures but the base is always coconut oil.

youwillrise

right now i'm testing out a mixture of kenra mc and s-curl

so far...it seems to be really good.

i dont have anything right now to seal
oils dont seem to like me too much

Brownie518

I moisturize with Qhemet Heavy Cream, Qhemet Burdock Root cream, or Lenzi's Hair Souffle. I seal with either BB Growth Oil, a mix of JBCO, Castor Oil, and Meadowfoam seed oil, or just plain Castor Oil.

nappity

with Qhemet Heavy Cream or Giovanni Direct as a leave in on damp hair then Amla Oil !! (Thanks Sareca)
IMHO: Homemade Amla Oil stinks- but it works!!!

4evaRays

I moisturize with Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizer and seal with olive oil and castor oil mixed together.

amwcah

I moisturize up to 3x per day with UBH Lotion Creme Moisturizer and Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer (ends only) and seal with Amla Oil.

HoneyDew

I moisturize with Qhemet Heavy Cream, Qhemet Burdock Root cream, or Lenzi's Hair Souffle. I seal with either BB Growth Oil, a mix of JBCO, Castor Oil, and Meadowfoam seed oil, or just plain Castor Oil.

Brownie we love the same moisturizers girlie! :yep:

I moisturize with ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion and seal with coconut oil. Not sure if I like this combo yet. I used to use Elasta QP Mango Butter and coconut oil but I stopped when I found out it had protein in it. Really looking for a moisturizer with zero protein and still haven't found it :sad:.