What do YOU moisturize and seal with?

Mertzy

Hey, I was just wondering what you guys moisturize and seal with. I use Hawaiin Silky 14 n 1 to moisturize and Coconut oil and Sweet Almond Oil mixed together to seal. List what you moisturize and seal with.

newflowers

This should be interesting with the potential for lots of new information.

I moisturize with Phyto7 and seal with camellia oil - love this combination.

Mertzy

I agree, I'm always on the look out for any information that can help my hair. I didn't know anything about moisturizing and sealing until i learned about this site. My hair has grown a little bit from doing thisand i've only been doing it for a month.

Ozma

I moisturize with a homemade blend of green tea/ tea tree/ water/ rosewater/essential oils

I seal with coconut oil (Vaseline on the ends)

msa

I moisturize with a homemade blend of green tea/ tea tree/ water/ rosewater/essential oils

I seal with coconut oil (Vaseline on the ends)

How are you liking the tea spritz? I'm thinking of adding that to my regimen, mainly as hair perfume. Any teas you recommend for moisture?

PittiPat

I moisturize with my spray bottle mixture (aloe vera juice, rose water, Eqyss Premier Cream Rinse, and glycerin), coat hair with Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave-in, and then seal with castor oil.

TheNewFine

moisturize: Cantu shea butter or lacio lacio w/water
seal: coconut oil (sometimes Vaseline on ends when brittle)

myronnie

Protein moisturizer: Generic Value Products Sebastian Potion 9
Moisture moisturizer: Avocado Shea Moisturizing Creme
Sealer: Avocado Oil

Ozma

How are you liking the tea spritz? I'm thinking of adding that to my regimen, mainly as hair perfume. Any teas you recommend for moisture?

Since I found out about tea rinses and spritzes, my shedding has just about stopped. I use any brand; right now it's Lipton.
hth:grin:

mj11051

Depends on what I've done to my hair, If I color I moisturize with a mixture of Qhemets Alma & Olive heavy Cream/Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm and seal with coconut oil. If it's just my co-washes or shampoo washes I moisturize with my homemade shealoe and seal with jojoba oil.

mahogany_horizons

Bwhahahahh Have a good laugh ladies, I don't use all the complicated products.

Silk elements moisturising cream.

Hot six oil :)

IF i REALY need to, cantu's tea tree, something or another is like a pomade that I will put on my ends.

jazzyto

for straight styles, ORS olive in the bottle or Mizani H20 night time for buns or braids
Hawaiian silky 14. Seal with coconut oil or JCNS.

LivingDoll

For moisture: NTM Silk Touch, Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 or Silk Elements Moisturizing Leave in Creme...

To seal: Coconut Oil, a EVOO/Castor Oil Mix (which i also use to remove my eye makeup)Keracare Essential Oils (I'll be so glad when its gone) or Dabur Vatika Oil...

Toy

Moisturizer:Hairveda Whipped Ends Hydration,Hairveda Green tea butter
Sealer:Coconut oil

Angelicus

I use all types of things: Olive oil, Shea Butter, Silicon Mix Leave-in Conditioner... whatever liquid stuff I have laying around, lol. I really like Organics Shea Butter Lotion, when I can get it.

Aggie

I really like UBH moisturizing hair lotion, this really makes my hair feel uber soft to the point where I can't stop touching it. I literally just bought Giovanni Direct and Paul Mitchell The Conditioner for moisturizing also but I haven'e used them yet. I may have to update on those later. I don't seal my ends, my hair doesn't seem to need it right now and I think it's because I do a lot of protective styling:ohwell:. I know I will have to seal it when I start roller setting my hair again and for that I'll use coconut, jojoba, grapeseed or sweet almond oil:yep:.

DarkHair

I moisturize with NTM leave-in and EQP Mango Butter. I mix it in my palm

I seal with a mix of tea tree, coconut, and castor oil.

KiniKakes

I usually do it two different ways:

1) Con-wash with Suave conditioner (Tropical Coconut) and then seal the ends with anything i can get my hands on--often plain old petroleum jelly. :lol:

2) If I think my hair needs extra moisture, i wash then use the ORS Olive oil moisturizer.... then seal the same way.

(After I wash my hair i make one braid.... so when i seal, im just coating the length of the braid with grease--concentrating on the ends)