What Did You Do For Your Hair This Weekend??

sengschick

The Bun Master
Happy Monday Ladies /images/graemlins/wave.gif

<font color="purple">I know alot of us make 'weekend plans' w/our hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif. So what did you do and how did it go??? Did you buy or try anything new?</font>

My hair and I had a great weekend!!! I wasn't sure what I was going to do w/my hair Saturday b/c I had alot to do and was sliding a poo in w/o having proper time. Anyhoo, long story short I learned this weekend that after 7 mos of dedication I have been rewarded w/a great head of healthier, thicker hair (which I didn't think was possible b/c it was thick as heck before!). It's like a whole new head of hair, free of broken strands, w/healthy ends and new strength. I used heat for the first time in over 7 mos, gave myself a nice flat iron w/my new ceramic iron and a heat protectant. My groom trimmed my hair and did a fabulous job. We took an 1" off, so now I have nice soft ends and my hair has wonderful movement. /images/graemlins/clap.gif Thanks LHCF!

honeisos

I finally bought Neutra . triple moist... it is very good /images/graemlins/clap.gif stuff ..
I aslo bought elasta Qp remoistrizer also very nice /images/graemlins/weird.gif

My hair was feeling very dry last week and these conditioners bought it back to life /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carefree

I deep conditioned with Motions CPR - I can't remember the last time I deep conditioned! I've been conditioner rinsing for years and have forgotten to do this important step ever so often. It really made a difference for me. After deep conditioning I rollerset my hair - I made myself sit under the dryer until fully dry - this is so hard for me because I hate sitting under the dryer /images/graemlins/frown.gif But the results were great, and I didn't have to use much additional heat when I flat-ironed.

Lorraine

Oh, Seng your hair sounds beautiful. Hmmm...my family was in town so my hair date has been moved to tonight. I am planning a relaxer and a rollerset. I can't wait! /images/graemlins/weird.gif

KAddy

Well I got a dominican blowout on saturday.
Oh wait, JenniferMD told me to stop scaring people.
Then I just moisturized my scalp a little and massaged it.

I did order my PhytoSpecific products yesterday and got a message today that it has shipped. I can't wait to shampoo my hair

sengschick

The Bun Master
@ KAddy /images/graemlins/rofl.gif. It's funny when you don't use heat for awhile its hotter than you ever remembered!!!

@ Tai: I took some, I just need to take how-to pics for the avatar style for all the people that PM me about it. I'm also hoping my PhytoRelaxer will arrive this week (it better!) so I can snap those pics as well.

@LG: Thanks /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

lisatamika

Yesterday (Sunday), I washed with Neutrogena Triple Moisture and did a CPR treatment because I was seeing some breakage. I sat under the dryer with that for about 10 minutes then sat without heat for about another 20 mintues. I then conditioned with the Triple Moisture mask. After that put on some Triple Moisture leave-in and some of this:

Then I blowdried (for the first time since I got a retouch on 9/11) ran the flatiron through it real quick. Came out nice, shiny and soft.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I did a pre treatment with olive oil, honey and jojoba. I washed with Kenra and deep conditioned with Kenra Intensive Emollient Conditioner. I used a little Infusium 23 (has olive oil mixed in the bottle) as a leave in on soaking wet hair. When my hair dried a little I mixed jojoba oil with NTM Healing Shine serum in my hand and ran it through my hair, paying special attention to the ends. I made one braid,tucked it under, put a baggie over it and went to sleep with my bonnet on.

When I got up this morning I had the makings of a pretty good bun so I left the baggie on and covered my braid/bun with a phony bun.

I got great shine and an extra few minutes to run into starbucks!

Britt

I washed with Garnier poo, protiened with Emergencee and moisturized with Garnier con then rollersetted. My hair came out soft and silky from the combination of products and rollerset /images/graemlins/up.gif

ms_kenesha

All I did was surge my scalp last night. I'd just been waking up and apply NTM serum to my hands and finger combing my rollerset.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I didnt do anything to my hair for the weekend. I kept it mostly wrapped. I only took it down when I went to the mall with my sister and when I went to church on Sunday. After that, I wrapped my hair back up. I always spray oil sheen all over my hair before wrapping it. As of right now, my hair is wrapped with a silk scarf around it. Today and tomorrow Im on fall break. I didnt have to work today either so I'm going to be lazy all day today! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/spinning.gif /images/graemlins/sleep8.gif/images/graemlins/weird.gif

Faith

Nothing much...I sprayed unbraid spray and applied my WGO/castor oil mix and that was that...lol. I didn't wash it or comb it or take the bun out or anything like that. It was an easy weekend...lol. I also didn't buy anything...whew. My next purchase will be the Affirm relaxer and neutralizer and then no new purchases till May (I hope). /images/graemlins/look.gif

foxybronx

I pretreated my hair too an Evoo, razac hot oil, castor, honey and cholesterol treatment for 30 minutes…
I shampooed with elasta bodifying followed by elasta crème conditioning shampoo.
I deep conditioned with sebastian penetraitt under a hooded dryer with NO cap.
I followed the penetraitt with suave milk n honey for moisture.
I threw on my leave-in conditioners and since I was too lazy to rollerset it, I airdryed in a bun

Falon

I'm six weeks post relaxer and I was seeing some breakage and I realized that I haven't done a strong protein treatment since I dont' know when.

So I went to the BSS and bought some Aphogee and I decided to break down and finally try Capila and Salerm 21.

My bf wanted to puke from the Aphogee he was like: "What is that STENCH! Ugh..that can't be right....don't use it throw it out!"

I tried to explain that it isn't a conditioner but an every other month treatment but he wasn't listening....he was like "It STINKS...whine...whine..whine"

Then I used the Capila with heat for ten minutes...rinsed it out and followed up with Salerm 21....slapped my hair into two conrows and went to sleep.

My hair dried soft and has a nice sheen to it.

This morning I curled with a curling iron. I'm loving the Capila and Salerm 21....my hair is soft and not weighted down.

I even got a compliment: Lady at my job said I have nice bouncy hair...so why don't I wear it down more often?

I didn't feel like giving her the 20 minute explainatin so I just thanked her.....but I am now a big fan of Salerm and Capila....there is something to be said about these Dominican products.

Oh yeah and I saw my first Gray hair this morning! /images/graemlins/frown.gif My bf had found it a few weeks ago and I told him to pull it out and I wouldn't even look at it. Well that sucka is back and I saw it!

I'm going to go cry over my lost youth now /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

aqualung

I got a rollerset at the salon to prep for a photoshoot. I should have taken the time and done it myself because

a) when I use coconut oil on each section before setting it on the roller, I get great shine on the finished style.

b) The new shampoo girl ripped through my hair trying to detangle it. The stylists were trying to give her hints about detangling from tips --&gt; roots. I finally had to stop her and ask the stylist to finish at the wash bowl. (It was clear that she was clueless AND that my wet hair was more tangly than she expected.) Just ridiculous!

KAddy

[ QUOTE ]
My bf wanted to puke from the Aphogee he was like: "What is that STENCH! Ugh..that can't be right....don't use it throw it out!"

I tried to explain that it isn't a conditioner but an every other month treatment but he wasn't listening....he was like "It STINKS...whine...whine..whine"

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only imagine.

sengschick

The Bun Master
Wow, you ladies were busy!!! And I wish I could have a weekend when I kept my hair wrapped the whole time. That's a wonderful treat!

@ Falon: I have two strong, long silver hairs. I don't know where they came from, but they are just as long as my the rest and silver root to tip /images/graemlins/nono.gif. And of course they are in the front so you can just about always see them /images/graemlins/mad.gif. It must have been stress related, b/c it sure ain't age related. So it's my reminder to take it out on the treadmill /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

ms_kenesha

Meg, I wanna see photoshoot pics. /images/graemlins/orders.gif And that's an ORDER! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I got a rollerset at the salon to prep for a photoshoot. I should have taken the time and done it myself because

a) when I use coconut oil on each section before setting it on the roller, I get great shine on the finished style.

b) The new shampoo girl ripped through my hair trying to detangle it. The stylists were trying to give her hints about detangling from tips --&gt; roots. I finally had to stop her and ask the stylist to finish at the wash bowl. (It was clear that she was clueless AND that my wet hair was more tangly than she expected.) Just ridiculous!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cowgirl

1.) Relaxed w/ Affirm
2.) Conditioned with mixture of 5&amp;1 &amp; Positive Link
4.) Shampooed with Affirm Neutralizing poo.
5.) Deep Heat Conditioned with Humectress
6.) Applied leave-in to wet hair (mixture of NTM Silk Touch &amp; Salerm 21). Put plastic cap on and sat under dryer for 3 minutes. Detangled &amp; Roller Set. Under dry for another 1.5 hours.
7.) Removed rollers and applied a mixture of NTM Serum &amp; Coconut oil for shine.

Loved the results.

Falon

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you ladies were busy!!! And I wish I could have a weekend when I kept my hair wrapped the whole time. That's a wonderful treat!

@ Falon: I have two strong, long silver hairs. I don't know where they came from, but they are just as long as my the rest and silver root to tip /images/graemlins/nono.gif. And of course they are in the front so you can just about always see them /images/graemlins/mad.gif. It must have been stress related, b/c it sure ain't age related. So it's my reminder to take it out on the treadmill /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is age related...it's about that time for them to start popping up...sigh. At least I didn't go prematurely gray my dad was all salt and pepper by my age and by 40 his hair was white. I can't even remeber my dad ever having black hair.

The only thing is that the gray hair is like wire. I'm not feeling it at all. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cowgirl

[ QUOTE ]
I rinsed it. Nothing like a clear rinse to bring your hair back to life...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tracy,

What rinse did you use. Are you using the Colourshines Clear.

belleza

I'm currently fiending on Profectiv Mega Growth and the Anti Breakage. I did the baggie all weekend and kept my hair in protective styles. Ya'll got me loving myself! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

p.s. I forgot that I also have been massaging my scalp. I used pure Jojoba oil for my scalp massage. Que Rico!