Anyone doing WO? (Water Only)

tnorenberg

WO rinses during the week and washing on the weekend ( CW or w/ shampoo)? I was wondering since I remember how much growth I got doing this method when I had in a curly( Italian Wave) weave for like 3 mos last year. I would wet my hair everyday during the week and wash on the weekend. Last night I thought about it when I got in the shower to CW and couldn't decide which conditioner I should use. I just rinsed and massaged my scalp w/ warm water (no weave right now just relaxed hair). My hair detangled nicely under the water and I did a final rinse w/ cold water. Towel dried & sealed w/ a bit of oil and scarfed my hair for the night. This morning my hair feels soft down to the ends and well moisturized.

I guess my question follows the thread on Growth=WO or CW.

Is anyone doing this regularly for a while w/ good growth results?

Actually, About 6 years ago when I was pregnanwt wth my oldest son, I did an water only rinse in the shower each morning. My natural hair loved it.

Its good IMO!:grin:

Hey there,

There have been times when I simply rinsed my hair with water. This was usually after a workout. This works well if I have product in my hair and simply want to rinse out sweat and debris without losing moisture. If I have too much product buildup (i.e. gel, moisturizer, etc.) and am not ready to do a full wash, then I will do a conditioner wash.

Back