What did you do this weekend???

naturalgurl

Soooo ladies, what did you do to your hair this weekend and what are the results???? I did a darn near two day moisturizing DC with molasses, honey, olive oil and coconut oil. I was planning to do it just for overnight but I had one too many glasses of white zinfindel and stayed in bed until noon the next day. I must say, my hair is really soft and thick. Next weekend will be a protein DC for sure but not for two days!

I deep conditioned ALL day on Saturday using an ORS replenishing Pak. I was gonna do a braid out, but I got bored and i decided to give myself micros instead. I micro'd only around the edges and sew'd in the middle. Hopefully I can leave it in for a few weeks and gain and retain a bit more at the same time.

Yesterday morning, I washed, did a dc with ion, and followed up with my pantene hair mask. I detangle and put my hair in box braids and put my coconut oil mix on my scalp. Q

I prepoo'd with ORS Mayo, honey, coconut milk and oils. I later DC with Capilo Avocado conditioner mixed with some cholesterol. I followed with an oil rinse with coconut oil. Afterwards I airdried a rollerset for the first time. Came out bouncy and light.

Last edited:
Yesterday evening I experimented w/ the new CON, DID AN aPHOGEE 2 mIN RECONSTRUCTOR, and rollerset my hair. Turned out great.

This weekend I used CON green bottle shampoo for the first time and my hair was in love. Usually my hair acts a fool after I use shampoo. But with this one my hair was completely behaving. This is definitely a keeper.

I did two things.. :look: :lol:

Saturday - DC'd on dry hair w/ Hydratherma Amino Plus Protein Deep Conditioner. Rinsed, used HE Breaks Over leave in plus a little redken anti snap mixed w/ Chi Silk infusion. Blowdried and flat ironed (yes I know, I'm going to hairhades) for a wedding I went to.

Sunday - Went running and wanted to try and preserve my straight hair (even tho I have newgrowth up the wazoo). So I let my hair stay 'out' while I ran instead of clipping it up, etc. I let it airdry 'out' as well, then put some moisturizer and oil on the length and did a few flexi-rods for about 2 hours while I cleaned up. Took the flexi rods out, wrapped my hair for the nite. Turned out great today! :D

Nothing big... moisturizer with Surge Moisture Aide and seal with Castor Oil wear my 3/4 wig.

Tonight the plan wash and deep conditioning using my Dominican products and hopefully finally roller set my hair. :rolleyes: If the roller setting doesn't work...I'll just air-dry using the scarf method. I can't wait until summer so I can just air dry my hair while sitting on the balcony. :grin:

I deep conditioned ALL day on Saturday using an ORS replenishing Pak. I was gonna do a braid out, but I got bored and i decided to give myself micros instead. I micro'd only around the edges and sew'd in the middle. Hopefully I can leave it in for a few weeks and gain and retain a bit more at the same time.

I'm thinking of making this my summer style. :grin:

Sunday:
~Prep-poo with ORS Mayo under Pibb Diddy for 15mins
~Wash with KeraCare Hydating Poo
~Light Protein Treatment with Affrim 5 N 1 for 30 mins under Pibb Diddy
~DC with KeraCare Hum Cond for 20 mins
~Rollerset for 35 mins
~Cross Wrap with some Carrot oil to seal the ends and Moist with EQ Mango Butter

Touch up with phytospecific, deep conditioned for an hour, roller set. Walked around enjoying my hair for a few hours before putting it up and going to bed. Dh was disappointed I put my hair up for bed - he loves the roller set look.

I'm thinking of making this my summer style. :grin:

It will be mine too! It took me a little over 9 hours, on and off to complete and sewing it in was the toughest part for me. I'm definitely thinking that when I take these out, i will just do them over!! :grin:

I got my hair braided. I am going to try and keep them in for about a month while experimenting with BT. Wish me luck!:grin:

I got a 1.5 inch trim at the salon. My hair is now bluntly cut and between SL and APL, but I love it!

Oh yeah, I dusted my hair last night too. I only did the crown area. I'm testing a theory on dusted hair growing faster. If my crown catches up to another measured spot then the theory is true. If it stays comparably the same then theory busted. I'm a hair geek!

I clarified and conditioned w/Pantene Breakage Defense Mask. I fell in love again with this product and its heavenly smell! I kept it simple, and mostly airdried in a scarf and dried my roots a little under hood dryer.

This weeken I went to Sally's and bought Lustrasilk Cholestoral Olive Oil and Shea Butter, Lekair Cholestoral, Creme of Nature Organic Leave in Conditioner, Vitale Hair Mayonnaise/Cholestoral and Wild Growth Oil. I have only tried the Creme of Nature leave in, so far so good. The Wild Growth Oil and Cholestrals are staples that I stopped using but have started using again since becoming natural.:drunk:

I prepooed with AO Camelia condish, pooed with ORS Creamy Aloe, used Fermodyl 619 and Jane Carter Nourishing Cream as a leave-in.
I attempted my very first roller set using Macherie's roller set and air dried. The front turned out nicely but the back was not so nice. I gotta get the hang of putting rollers in the back.

I did it! I did it! I finally roller set my hair. I did it last night since I was too busy to do it this weekend. It turned out pretty good considering I'm 7 weeks post and it was my first time. Will post pictures later this evening. I am going to have to watch Guide to Roller setting again but for the most part I didn't give up. It took me about 45 minutes to roll/set and 1.5 to dry using the Gold n' Hot Bonnet Dryer. I rolled down more than up and probably would have had better results and flatter roots if I rolled up. My hair was a little damp but considering I'm just going to put it in a ponytail it didn't really matter anyway. I used purple and grey rollers but next time I use purple all over. Thanks LHCF for giving me the courage to roller set.

Got some tree braids.
04-06-08_1824.jpg

Last edited:
This past weekend I tried to rollerset my hair but I gave up as soon as I saw the roller. My hair was matted and had so many knots, many of them I had to pop and cut. I am going to try to unclog my drain and relax my hair this week... just too much new growth :nono: and it's only been a five weeks since my last relaxer :(

I tried using paraben free shampoos and conditioners for a month but my hair said "Oh no you didn't." I am definitely going back to my dominican brands.

I'll take some more pics as soon as I get this mess straightened. And I appreciate all the good vibes online that helped me get from APL to BSL in 4 months!

Back