Waist length xD.....or just my imagination =(

Solila

I have my hair in protective styles all the time. I'm a huge fan of twists and buns. I also baggy my ends from time to time. Well last night I was just letting my twists hang and I noticed roughly 3 of them were either approaching waist length, or exactly waist length. Now mind you , the other strands of my hair are not quiet there yet, which is why I'm perplexed. It is certainly not the first time I noticed this, but nothing I do seems to make the rest of my hair "catch-up." Aside from baggying, I tried concentrating my hair, massaging my scalp, hot oils, and dc-ing. So now, am I allowed to shout out WAIST LENGTH, or should I just take a seat and stick it out with my usual in between bra-strap/mid-back length.:perplexed
Also, what can I do with the rest of my hair to encourage it to pick up some speed. LOL
Btw, I do my length checks through my twists length. I have not straightened in years. Is that ok?

Whimsy

I call waist length when the back layer hits my waist. If the strands in the back are there I say CLAIM IT

However, if you POST A GODDAMN PICTURE we can tell you for sure :)

ChristmasCarol

In case you didn't know:

:needpics:

Congratulations - but you can't just roll up in here talkin' bout reaching waist length with no pictures :giggle:

If some of your hair is that long in twists, it would be much longer when straightened. At some point, you will need to get a blunt cut to achieve an even hemline -if that's what you desire.

WyrdWay

If it reaches I say claim it! later on when the rest of your hair makes it you can claim "full WL".
I 'm not sure that you can "make the rest of your hair catch up". Do the rest of your hair break off, or does it just grow slower than the rest?

MsLi@512

I call waist length when the back layer hits my waist. If the strands in the back are there I say CLAIM IT

This ^^^^ caught me off guard. It's so true though. I think we all came in to look at pics to tell you what we think :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

SmilingElephant

I almost choked on my Cheerios!:lol:

But yeah...you may be at the dreaded WL stall...don't worry it will start back up again...just keep babying your ends and do what you can to prevent breakage.

Whimsy...that was just waaaaaaay too funny tho!:grin:

D.Lisha

What? A thread about WL hair with NO PICS?!

You know better! lol...jk

But seriously though, I'd say go ahead and claim your WL miss lady. And as someone stated earlier, if your hair is hitting close to WL in twists....it's a big possibility that it's much longer when straightened :yep:. Either way we would like for you to VISUALLY SHARE this progress with us lol.**Paitently waits for pics**

cocosweet

Now you know you dead arse wrong! :lol: Please don't do us like a certain poster who shall not be named who has us waitin' and anticipatin' for pictures that never materialized.

:dead:Whimsy's post.

Solila

Ok, so here we go. Sorry for the wait guys. lol I have serious shrinkage too, so you'll see in my pics. lol
I think I'm pretty close to waist... kind of. Oh well if I'm not. =/

Attachments

• DSCF4245.jpg
    DSCF4245.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF4246.jpg
    DSCF4246.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 237
  • DSCF4247.jpg
    DSCF4247.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 226

JJamiah

In the first pic you look about 2 inches from Waist Length, but the others look a little further.

Solila

Thanks guys, but I'm close to waist though....right? LOL I really want to join that Waist Length Hair Challenge. lmao
HighHeels: Yes, I do have some pics but they are a little dated. I need to take some 2012 photos.

Whimsy

Join the waistlength hair challenge. You're close!
The first pic you look to be an inch and a half to 2 and a half inches away.
The other pics....girl...nah.

If you're not opposed to heat, flatiron some of the hair in the back so you can get a more accurate read.

Get your butt to the waistlength challenge. You'll be there soon!!

BostonMaria

I bet if you straighten it you'll be alot closer to WL than you think.

Whimsy where'd that swearing come from?! LOL is that baby making you swear? Ahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Solila

Yeah, your probably right BostonMaria. I just swore to myself I would not straighten. LOL I've been going strong with this for 4, almost 5 years now.

BostonMaria

Yeah, your probably right @BostonMaria. I just swore to myself I would not straighten. LOL I've been going strong with this for 4, almost 5 years now.

Please don't flatiron your hair because of all the peer pressure
Do it! Do it! Do it!
If my hair is in a ponytail it looks MBL. If I rollerset and bump the ends with a flatiron my hair looks BSL. If I have it professionally straightened and blowdried to death my hair is past my waist. Natural hair is unique and annoying like that LOL

JFK

Please don't flatiron your hair because of all the peer pressure
Do it! Do it! Do it!
If my hair is in a ponytail it looks MBL. If I rollerset and bump the ends with a flatiron my hair looks BSL. If I have it professionally straightened and blowdried to death my hair is past my waist. Natural hair is unique and annoying like that LOL

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Solila

LOL, I dont fall to peer pressure. But yeah, I'm still going to go strong on my "no straightening" policy....that is until I do that blunt cut. lol