Vitamin challenge?

KAddy

Thanks for the info Lorraine.

I think that is why I decided to only add biotin to my daily vitamin intake. I realized that my multi-vitamin is not too much different then some of the hair vitamins. It was only missing biotin.

Your avatar pic is fabulous

Nanyanika

I'm late as usual but i'll join after much contemplation

All Holland and barrats brand

Amino acids 1500 6 a day
Pantothenic Acid 500mg/ 1 a day
Msm 750mg/2 a day
b-100 complex/ 1 a day

Eventually, i'm hoping to add L'cysteine, which i have proven to speed my growth rate.

swannie

The challenge has been going well for me so far. I've been taking Puritan's Pride Biotin for about 12 days now - usually 1 tablet (1000mcg), sometimes 2. The biggest difference has come from my nails (faster growth and very hard) and my eyelashes (who knew eyelashes grew?). I also have a lot of baby hair along my hairline, and my new growth blends better with the rest of my hair. So much so that my friend wondered why I did not seem have ANY growth after 8 weeks. It actually grew about an inch. I really like this stuff!

KAddy

UPDATE: So I have been taking my mult-vitamin AND biotin together since 10/18/04. I can say that I can't really judge results by my nails as they have always grown fast and were always strong. I am not sure of the results on my head either, BUT this morning I noticed that my eyelashes were fuller and for the first time I have bottom eyelashes. Hey don't laugh, I have never had them and when I have gone to make-up stands they always wonder what happened to them Anyway, I have some now, so I know something is going on.

Healthb4Length

Hey girls! I would love to join in but I can't! I was on a vitamin regime up until last week, I think my body completely rejected every thing I was taking. I've only had problems with taking biotin in the past but this time got hit real bad. I was taking Omega 3s&6s, B12, Iron and probiotics...well to make a long story short I was itchy all over, my skin on my face was raised with circular welts and tiny bumps and patches all over! I was terrified to say the least, My skin and scalp would itch non-stop even after I washed my hair like 3 times! I couldn't figure out what was wrong and then I finally decided that I whould stop taking all of my vitamins. Low and behold within 24-36 hours my skin completely cleared up and the itching is gone! I guess I will just have to start taking liquid vitamins as I was before because something in the pill just does not agree with me.

KAddy

[ QUOTE ]
Hey girls! I would love to join in but I can't! I was on a vitamin regime up until last week, I think my body completely rejected every thing I was taking. I've only had problems with taking biotin in the past but this time got hit real bad. I was taking Omega 3s&6s, B12, Iron and probiotics...well to make a long story short I was itchy all over, my skin on my face was raised with circular welts and tiny bumps and patches all over! I was terrified to say the least, My skin and scalp would itch non-stop even after I washed my hair like 3 times! I couldn't figure out what was wrong and then I finally decided that I whould stop taking all of my vitamins. Low and behold within 24-36 hours my skin completely cleared up and the itching is gone! I guess I will just have to start taking liquid vitamins as I was before because something in the pill just does not agree with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Alli, sorry to hear about your reaction to the vitamins. Maybe you should try taking one for a while then add one every 2 weeks to figure out which one is causing the reaction. It could also be the combination of the vits together. Have you thought about just taking a regular multi-vitamin or one for hair, skin and nails?

Nice

I am the Vitamin Challenge. I am currently taking Andrew Lessman's /images/graemlins/weird.gif.

Healthb4Length

Thanks for the advice, I will try this. I was on the Andrew Lessman's HairSkin&Nails and I was doing just fine. I ran out of money and decided to get some from local vitamin shoppe to hold me over until I got so $$ to buy Andrew Lessman. I am going to start back slowly as you suggested and see which vitamins were causing me so much drama. /images/graemlins/look.gif

asummertyme

ima start too..not only for my hair but overall health..
mulit-vit
cod liver oil pills
gnc hair vits
msm
biotin

KAddy

Hey Ladies, how's it going?

I can say that I am definitely seeing results from taking my vitamins. The reason being, I have new growth after doing a touch-up 2 weeks ago. I was combing my hair and I am like, why are my roots so puffy?
I just did a roller set and my hair usually lays down, especially this being the 2nd shampoo and all. At first I was thinking, well maybe the relaxer didn't take well, but I knew it had. Then I go feeling all around my head and for the most part, the new growth is about the same, except in the crown where I know I didn't relax as well. Ladies, this is great, but I see this is going to make it difficult for me to wait my 10 weeks for relaxers if my growth continues to be on this schedule. I say 10 weens because I was thinking back to when my hair was thickest and longest and that is when I waited 10 weeks between relaxers.

Well, enough about me, how is every one else coming along???

KAddy

I have been very consistent with my vitamin intake. I don't really know what the results are. I mean I have been taking them consistently since about Oct 17th (I think that is the date). I feel I have had pretty good growth, but I didn't really pay attention to the growth when I wasn't taking vitamins. The only growth I CAN say that I noticed was my eyelashes as I never had bottom ones and now I do.