Vitamin challenge?

LuLu

Is there a vitamin challenge? I searched and didn't find one.

Well I want to start one, looking back on my pics I noticed that the months I saw the most growth was when I was taking vitamins and I still have most of them left over so I'm going to start over with them and see how it goes.

This is what I'll be taking:
Rexall Hair skin and nails formula
EPO 500mg
Biotin 3000mcg(+ the 1875 mcg in the HSN)
MSM 2000mg(+ the 750mg in HSN)

What about you guys, anyone up for a vitamin challenge?

moneychaser

Good Challenge I am IN!!!
L-Cysteine 1000 mcg
Biotin 1000 mcg
GNC Hair Skin and Nails
Pathoneic Acid 1000 mcg
Cod Liver Oil 2 Capsules

MissB

I'm in. I started my personal challenge today.

Andrew Lessman Multivitamin
Vitamin Shoppe EPA/DHA Fish Oil
Vitamin Shoppe Calcium Soft Gels

deedabug

not to but in..but are there any vitamins that are not huge i could take?? i have a problem swallowing many and large pills

nolechik

FSU Alumni/Grad Student
I'm in girls! I have to get back on the Healthy Hair Bandwagon & this includes taking multi-vitamins daily! I've decided to transition w/o the "chop" so it'll be hard for me to work with 2 textures, but I really wanna do it this time! I'll most likely be picking up some vitamins from GNC. I'll post again once I purchase the vitamins to tell you all what type I bought.

LuLu

[ QUOTE ]
not to but in..but are there any vitamins that are not huge i could take?? i have a problem swallowing many and large pills

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you don't like taking a lot of vitamins why don't you try the gnc hair, skin and nails vitamins? IMO they aren't that big and I think you only take 2 a day. Also, my Biotin pills are really small they look like aspirin..maybe you could take those?

deedabug

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Since you don't like taking a lot of vitamins why don't you try the gnc hair, skin and nails vitamins? IMO they aren't that big and I think you only take 2 a day. Also, my Biotin pills are really small they look like aspirin..maybe you could take those?

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks....i'll try that /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

candibaby

I'm taking:

1 multivitamin a day
600 mcg of biotin per day.

i may add in some l-cysteine when i go back to GNC to get more biotin.

LuLu

I'm gonna try to find some of the old threads about what exactly some of these vitamins do...I'll try to bump them.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you could crush them and mix it in water, or if you use capsules remove the case and tip the powder in some water, that way you don't have to swallow large pills HTH.

I want to join in too! This is what I have been taking:
Evening Primrose oil: 1000mg
Biotin 5000mg
Silica 1000mg
Flaxseed oil 1000 mg
MSM 2000mg
Puritan Pride Super Hair Skin and Nails 3 tabs/day
These are the ones I am most consistent in taking..My new growth was extremely manageable, and I was able to stretch my relaxer out to 12 weeks.

oglorious1

Mixologist
I started the vitamin challenge on my own, so I was in when I firs joined:::here it goes

Multi Herb/Multi Fiber
Biotin
Engerzing Multivitamins
MSM
EPO
Flax seed oil
I think that's all...I take vitamins for breakfast...so it's hard to pinpoint everything, boy am I pitiful

hubutterfly

Hi all I'm a /images/graemlins/newbie.gif jumping into the VITAMIN CHALLENGE!

Here goes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MSM
Flax Seed Oil
Biotin
Total EFA
Viviscal
Hairtopia

Thinking about Shen Min /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

miss_brown

How long is the challenge going to run?

I'm in for taking the following vits 6 days a week until Jan. 1, 2005 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Multi
- Biotin: 6000mcg
- Super B-Complex: 100mg*
- Vit C: 500mg*
- MSM: 5000mg

ETA: * = when current supply ends, these will be eliminated from my regimen

LuLu

[ QUOTE ]
How long is the challenge going to run?

I'm in for taking the following vits 6 days a week until Jan. 1, 2005 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Multi
- Biotin: 6000mcg
- Super B-Complex: 100mg
- Vit C: 500mg
- MSM: 5000mg

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I hear a lot of people say it takes up to a month to start seeing effects of vitamins so maybe 2-3 months? What do you think?

miss_brown

It took me almost 5 months to see the real effects of vitamins on my hair, but I think I'm on the long end of the spectrum. Why don't we go for like 2-3 months (Jan. 1 is a good end date), and then people can re-up if they want?

BTW, this is a good idea, LuLu - I need some motivation to get back on my vit regimen consistently. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LuLu

To Jan 1st it is!

Thanks, it was hard for me to believe that there wasn't one already going on.

calbear

I will jump back on the vitamin train. I was on it HARDCORE then I stopped. The increased biotin was messing up my cycle so I kinda stopped them all. I really think I need to go back since the change wasn't all that serious.

I'll be taking 2600mg msm, 4100 mcg biotin, panothenic acid 2150 mg, l-cysteine 100 mg, 100 mg horsetail in a combination of different pills. It seemed to really work and I got some great growth but ...well ya know ;-)

Jenai

Count me in - /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif
Multi Vitamin
MSM 1,000 to 2,000mg
B-100 Complex (until it's gone)
Calcium/Vit D 1200mg

LuLu

[ QUOTE ]
I will jump back on the vitamin train. I was on it HARDCORE then I stopped. The increased biotin was messing up my cycle so I kinda stopped them all. I really think I need to go back since the change wasn't all that serious.

I'll be taking 2600mg msm, 4100 mcg biotin, panothenic acid 2150 mg, l-cysteine 100 mg, 100 mg horsetail in a combination of different pills. It seemed to really work and I got some great growth but ...well ya know ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl I know, my issues were 1. I had the first signs of acne since I was like 15 and 2. Rapid hair growth...other places /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

But anyways...I'll be using astringent and lots of wax!

and welcome Gigi!

mytia

SuperWoman!
I'm in. /images/graemlins/clap.gif
Centrum Multi-Vitamin
Silica
Flaxseed
Biotin 1000mcg
B-Complex
EPO
No MSM for me it makes my skin look terrible even if I lower the dosage it just does not agree with me and I eat healthy and watch what I put in my body so I know it's not that, I don't know what it is but I can't take it

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Count me in on this challenge too!

I'm taking:
Biotin: 10 mgs
MSM: 2,000 mgs
1 tablet of GNC's UltraNourish Hair
1000mg of Fish Oil concentrate

When I can...I want to buy some L-Cysteine and take 1000 mcg a day. I've been wanting to add that after reading that thread about someone's friend's hair growing like crazy..

Neen

Count me in. I am taking the Naturemade Super B-complex but I need to add some more biotin.

KAddy

I'm taking

Women's Daily Multi-vitamin

Will add:
Shen Min - will purchase this coming weekend
Biotin (5 mg) - I used to take but stopped for some reason.