do you think it's necessary...............?

hairlover

to take a hair, skin, & nail vitamin if my multi has more in it than the hair vitamin does? i take vitamin shoppe's especially for women multi ( just started vitamins again) also, omega 3,epo, msm, biotin, horsetail, iron pills(anemic), and an hsn. should i drop the hsn?

seeminglysweet

No. if your multi does the job I wuldn't see any point in also taking a hair skin & nail vitamin. I would add biotin if I was focusing on hair growth.

Neroli

seeminglysweet said:
No. if your multi does the job I wuldn't see any point in also taking a hair skin & nail vitamin. I would add biotin if I was focusing on hair growth.

ITA. I take GNC ultra for women as well and take extra biotin for hair.

WomanlyCharm

Neroli said:
ITA. I take GNC ultra for women as well and take extra biotin for hair.

That's what I do. The Ultra for women has all the same vits as the hair skin and nails from GNC, in higher concentrations, plus additional stuff. So I figured it's not just better for my health, it's better for my hair as well. :D

JustKiya

Actually, I would disagree with the other posters. The amount of the nutrients in the multivitamin is to support the normal healthy functioning of your body. If your body only has what it needs, it's not going to devote any additional energy/nutrients to your hair - it's going to focus on the important stuff like your muscles and digestion.

The additional nutrients in your HSN is going to firstly go to address any further imbalances that you may have in your body, THEN it's going to your hair.

If you have a perfect diet, don't drink or smoke, and are in perfect health, then yeah - drop the HSN. Otherwise - I think it's beneficial.....