Vatika Oil Works! (with pics)

seraphinelle

I"m in the middle of braiding my hair again, and I want to get more topical hair agents to put in my hair while in braids.

I need to get MN,

And i'll try the vatika oil.

I have alot of new growth, not sure what from, but... could be MSM, but then I've switched to nail, hair and skkin supplements...

And the MN.

I just want SL hair, LOL

LondonDiva said:
How has your hair done a 360? growth? appearance? If growth how much in what period of time?

Hey LD :wave:
My Hair Has Thickened Up Alot And I Was Getting Extra Shedding Which The Vatika Helped With That As Well.Since I've Been Using It,My Hair Has Been Shiney And Soft.I Haven't Tracked My Growth,But After I Relax In The Next 3weeks I'll Be Able To Tell. HTH :)

naturaline

yeo i luvvv vatika too! i need to buy more! it leaves my hair SO shiny & moisturised. i used it when i last hot ironed my hair and it worked gud! also i used it daily on my striaght hair and it didnt revert it added shine and softness.

my fro' eats it up too;-)

x

LocksOfLuV

atrinibeauty said:
Hey LD :wave:
My Hair Has Thickened Up Alot And I Was Getting Extra Shedding Which The Vatika Helped With That As Well.Since I've Been Using It,My Hair Has Been Shiney And Soft.I Haven't Tracked My Growth,But After I Relax In The Next 3weeks I'll Be Able To Tell. HTH :)

Girl your hair looks GOOD!:eek:

LondonDiva

I started using this again last night after reading this thread, I think I'm going to use it on top of my MTG which I use every 2 days and use the Vatika everyday. It doesn't leave any scum behind on my scalp, just soaks right in like I never applied it.

soulfusion

Another Vatika convert here. I actually mix it and Boundless Tresses and my new growth is so soft. I've only been using it for a couple weeks, so I can't comment on growth yet. But I definitely like the combination for scalp health.

AllyMD

soulfusion said:
Another Vatika convert here. I actually mix it and Boundless Tresses and my new growth is so soft. I've only been using it for a couple weeks, so I can't comment on growth yet. But I definitely like the combination for scalp health.

Do you mix the two together, or do you alternate each one? I just bought Boundless Tresses which I love, and i am willing to try it with Vatika Oil.

AllyMD

soulfusion said:
I mix them walker. I'm lovin it, I tell ya! :)

Well, the PJ is me is already trying to find it in the local indian markets here in Houston. I really happy with the boundless tresses, so if this makes it better, I'm about to be in heaven!!

God's Anointed

Do you guys even undertsand how long ya'll had me searching for my Vatika oil last night? I was about to go crazy when i couldn't find my new unopened bottle :eek: . Anyway, i finally found it and i was thinking about adding sulfur powder to it to accelerate growth and use this every morning. I was also gonna make my own version of MTG and use that every night. We'll see if i can make it to BSL by August :D

malibu4590

See what ya'll have done? :drunk:I found an Indian store looking for Vatika Oil and they didn't have any. The store owner told me he'd order it for me. I was like, "how much is it? when will it get here?" sounding like some hair oil fiend. :crazy: Gosh, I feel like a junkie. By the way, my :sekret: "package" :sekret: should arrive thursday and it's a nice size bottle for $3 bucks!

LondonDiva

walkerca said:
Do you mix the two together, or do you alternate each one? I just bought Boundless Tresses which I love, and i am willing to try it with Vatika Oil.

I Mixed MTG & Vatika last night, the Vatika masks the MTG smell.

cocopuff

I LOVE Vatika Oil. I have been using it for almost 4 years. I always use it on my hair before washing because it helps to detangle. I have never used it as an overnight treatment but I am going to try that along with using it on my scalp.

soulfusion

walkerca said:
Well, the PJ is me is already trying to find it in the local indian markets here in Houston. I really happy with the boundless tresses, so if this makes it better, I'm about to be in heaven!!

I don't know where you are, but I've seen it at an indian store on Veteran's Memorial. It's almost equidistance between the Beltway and 1960, on the right hand side of Veteran's if you're headed towards Beltway 8 (going south). I didn't get mine there, though. I ordered it online from eastwestbazaar.

AllyMD

soulfusion said:
I don't know where you are, but I've seen it at an indian store on Veteran's Memorial. It's almost equidistance between the Beltway and 1960, on the right hand side of Veteran's if you're headed towards Beltway 8 (going south). I didn't get mine there, though. I ordered it online from eastwestbazaar.

Thanks soulfusion. I live in SW Houston, so I just made my way over to India Grocer off of 59 and Hillcroft. A 300 ml bottle was 4.99. I also picked up some Henna while I was in because you had to have a 10 dollar minimum to use a credit card....:perplexed . The PJism is out of control!!:cry:

lennet93

I just wanted to say that I started using Vatika Oil on Sunday and all I can say is that I love it!!! I dont think it smells bad, it has a unique smell but I actually like the smell. It makes my hair so soft and shiny. I moisturize with NTM Silk touch then seal it with Vatika. I also put it on my scalp and my trouble areas as well as my hair line. This is definately a keeper for me.

camosil

What is texlax? is it a relaxer that does not get your hair very straight. Is it similar to Bodiphier natural relaxer. I am trying to get away from chemical relaxers.

BSL2008

Camosil, I think texlax is a process of relaxing the hair whereby you leave the relaxer in for a shorter period time than what is recommended. I can't remember why exactly. Others please chime in with more info, I'm a newbie and I wanted to get another post in. :p

edited for typo

C

cieramichele

i'm glad to see this...i've been using vatika oil nightly (mixed with 2 tablespoons of sulphur in an applicatr bottle) and apparently i've got 10cm of new growth in 2 weeks!

I need to get some pictures.

4 inches in 2 weeks? :ohwell:

Last edited by a moderator:

MidBackCrisis

That Vatika oil is the truth. I use it every night as well with a little bit of Jasmine hair oil. The smell of the Jasmine oil is lovely, I must say:grin:

oooop2

Thanks soulfusion. I live in SW Houston, so I just made my way over to India Grocer off of 59 and Hillcroft. A 300 ml bottle was 4.99. I also picked up some Henna while I was in because you had to have a 10 dollar minimum to use a credit card....:perplexed . The PJism is out of control!!:cry:

I also love the Vatika oil. It leaves my hair feeling GREAT..

Does this store carry a lot of Indian herbs/oils? If so, do you recall the name. My parents live in Houston and I will be there for almost a month in Jun-Jul, so I would love to visit this store and stock up.

TIA