Vatika Oil QUestion

AlliCat

I've been oiling my hair with Vatika Oil since my last wash day. I really like it...is it okay to relax hair that's been previously coated/sealed with Vatika Oil? Any texlaxed/relaxed ladies love vatika oil and incorporate it in their reggie?

(for those who don't know Vatika oil = coconut oil + henna + amla + lemon)

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
AlliCat, why would it not be okay to use? Or better yet, what prompted this question? I'm just a bit concerned since I'm due for a TU today. I've only used vatika a few times but ut-oh is kinda what I'm thinking right now. :look:

afiyabirdie

I've been using Vatika Oil every couple of days since 2007 and I've only been transitioning 6 months now... I never saw any negative effects of relaxing after applying the oil... It should be fine.

AlliCat

@AlliCat, why would it not be okay to use? Or better yet, what prompted this question? I'm just a bit concerned since I'm due for a TU today. I've only used vatika a few times but ut-oh is kinda what I'm thinking right now. :look:

@divachyk the ingredients. I wonder if the lemon could cause an adverse reaction? and I was reading the safety warnings of my relaxer kit and it said I should not relax hair that's been treated with Henna(among other things)...but I know some relaxed people use henna regularly with no problems so I'm confused

ATLcutey20

I use Vatika oil to seal my hair eveynight. I also have used it on previously relaxed hair for protection when I give myself a relaxer. I haven't had any adverse effects. I think you will be fine. :yep: HTH

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@divachyk the ingredients. I wonder if the lemon could cause an adverse reaction? and I was reading the safety warnings of my relaxer kit and it said I should not relax hair that's been treated with Henna(among other things)...but I know some relaxed people use henna regularly with no problems so I'm confused

AlliCat...I used vatika frosting, not oil. My bad. TU application went on good. Tingled some, burned a little but didn't burn excessively...but reg strength was used this time instead of sensitive scalp.

Sent from my DROIDX

AlliCat

I use Vatika oil to seal my hair eveynight. I also have used it on previously relaxed hair for protection when I give myself a relaxer. I haven't had any adverse effects. I think you will be fine. :yep: HTH

I've been using Vatika Oil every couple of days since 2007 and I've only been transitioning 6 months now... I never saw any negative effects of relaxing after applying the oil... It should be fine.

*whew* Thanks ladies.

JJamiah

divachyk NikkiQ AlliCat

Sorry for the late response, I have been so busy. I went to text you back yesterday and my phone shut off :(

I use Vatika Oil and I do love it. I Henna and relax. The only thing I can say is if your going for Texlax the Henna will alter the relaxer from taking fully which I didn't care. I didn't space out my Henna & relaxer far. within the same week. So they do advise you wait 2 weeks before relaxing after you Henna. Some people do it further apart. :)

Mine was still relaxed but more so of a texlax.

AlliCat

Just following up. I did my relaxer (Vatika oil and all) and everything turned out perfectly fine. Thanks for your help ladies!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

I do and have never had a problem with anything. I dont do it any closer than a week before and/or after.