Vatika Oil in NYC?

lennet93

Does anyone know where I can buy Vatika Oil in NYC or do I have to order it online? I was reading some posts on it today and I would like to give it a try. Also, does Vatika Oil and Black Castor Oil do the same thing? I wanted to try both but if the both give the same results maybe I should just stick with one. MY hair has thinned out so bad, I have no idea why and its driving me crazy..:confused:

SohoHair

I buy it off of Hillside Avenue in Queens or in Little India arund 74th Street Jackson Heights. This may also help: http://www.thokalath.com/new-york/grocery_stores.php

Vatika Oil contains Ayurvedic herbs that stop hair fall and promote strong roots and hair growth. As far as I know Castor Oil is used to thicken and plump up individual strands and for softnes.

BrooklynSouth

bkgirl0816 said:
Does anyone know where I can buy Vatika Oil in NYC or do I have to order it online? I was reading some posts on it today and I would like to give it a try. Also, does Vatika Oil and Black Castor Oil do the same thing? I wanted to try both but if the both give the same results maybe I should just stick with one. MY hair has thinned out so bad, I have no idea why and its driving me crazy..:confused:

Post #2 has an answer for you. Queens is the place to go...Brooklyn Indian stores along Coney Island Avenue {excuse the expression} S-U-C-K, minimal supplies for hair...great for foods but not hair products except Mendi!!
Your query? Vatika contains lemon, Amla and coconut oil, The black laxative as I lovingly refer to it is simply raw castor. I make my own Vatika with powdered Amla, Parachute coconut oil and a bit of Nettle powder. {Thanks Granny:p and Auntie:p for your habits of herbal remedies.}

Last edited:

SohoHair

BrooklynSouth said:
Post #2 has an answer for you. Queens is the place to go...Brooklyn Indian stores along Coney Island Avenue {excuse the expression} S-U-C-K, minimal supplies for hair...great for foods but not hair products except Mendi!!

Yup, I had to learn this the hard way! I almost drove myself crazy trying to find a decent Indian grocery in Manhattan, until I finally listened to my mother and went to Queens. It was as if I had taken a plane and landed in the middle of Bollywood!!!:lol:

BrooklynSouth

SohoHair said:
Yup, I had to learn this the hard way! I almost drove myself crazy trying to find a decent Indian grocery in Manhattan, until I finally listened to my mother and went to Queens. It was as if I had taken a plane and landed in the middle of Bollywood!!!:lol:

:lachen: :lachen: Bollywood is right! Mostly Guyanese Indians but the same ancestry. I look upon it as an adventure in hair care and the lentils, herbs, new food products information I gain is priceless. The drive can be a hassle but I just drive until I find a parking spot..all you who are hesitating just take the drive to a whole new world!

MissFallon

Yep 74th and Jackson Ave is the place to go. I get my mehendi, amla powder, neem, aritha, shikakai and vatika oil there. I also picked up some other oils over there as well. Plus most trains go there with is a good thing.

lejardinier

I live in Manhattan and have purchased my Indian products on Lex in the 20's and also in Queens, but find it's much easier to get them all on Amazon.com.

locabouthair

ther eis an indian store on 28th st between lex and park in manhattan. i havent gone there yet. i planned going this week to see if they had vatika and alma oils. i