tkj25 fotki update --- apl is callin' my name!

caribgirl

I just visited your fotki and I loved it! Your hair is growing so well and is very healthy and thick!! Thanks for sharing Tkj!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Healthy, long, thick and full. Congratulations on your progress!

tkj25

great progress!

do you use any growth aids?

nope. at least not the topical kind. i take vitamins/supplements & those do enough for me. i listed them in my fotki journal:

i find vitamin supplements are not only good for my overall body health, but also improve the condition of my hair. i've found that this regime increases my growth rate from a little over 4 inches a year to a little over 5 inches a year. I go for 1 pill dosages vs. divided dosages. i don't like taking pills more that once a day (somedays i don't even like this:) so multiple dosages are out of the question for me. these are my staple vitamins:

nutri 100 (vitamin shoppe multivitamin)
msm 1000 (vitamin shoppe)
super biotin 5000 mcg (vitamin shoppe)
silica plus by kal (i buy at vitamin shoppe, it's made by kal)
whey tech protein shake (vitamin shoppe)

i may add to this line-up, but these are the basics. currently i've added an omega 3-6-9/ flax seed, biogreens, & kelp.

i've added a new, all natural, vegan, multi-vit to my aresenal:

http://www.thevitamincode.com/

they're made by garden of life:

http://www.gardenoflife.com/

they make a whole wealth of all natural, probiotic products!

that_1_grrrl

I think I just found my hair twin. Just from you description I thought our hair was similar, so I peeped your fotki. Your 2003 fro looks like a larger version of mine. :)

Your hair looks gorgeous, and my hair now has something to aspire to.

alopeciagrl

"APL here you come?" It looks like you were already there before you trimmed...

Any how your hair looks thick, healthy, lengthy, all of the above! Great job!

Clem98tig

Your hair is gorgeous!

What is your regime while your hair is in the yarn braids? How often do you wash/condition? What products do you use?

Thanks in advance,