I finally figured out how to successfully maxiglide my natural hair!!

Newtogrow

TKJ,

Thanks for sharing your reggie. I stalked your fotki last week and you had not posted your products, Soooo I'm glad you posted on here!!!

All of your styles are fab. I'm still scared to use the maxiglide because of the teeth and as you can see- I have nappy (knotty at times) hair. And this is with a little texlaxing.

glamazon386

Thanks for posting! Your post was very detailed. Your hair looks great. :yep: I can't wait for my maxiglide to come so I can try it out.

Nola Darling

Thanks for this! My hair likes to not go back nappy when I flat iron it. This gives me hope that I can wear my hair straight without the damage!

Wow - you did a really good job - I had been stalking your fotki for a while. You've definitely done your homework. It was really smart to apply oils after blowdrying your hair. Just one quick question - is the maxiglide the one that steams your hair? I heard that was healthier - I just wish it didn't have those teeth b/c my hair snags on anything - even a hangnail when I rub my fingers through it.

tkj25

yes, the maxiglide is the one with the steam & the teeth. if you watch the dvd that comes with it, it gives great instructions on how to use it properly -- to keep the teeth from pulling your hair out. but if you dont clamp too hard & use small sections the teeth shouldl help yu get your hair straighter -- not harm it.

pringe

i'm in the process of trying this out right now, just detangled and put conditioner in. will post results. Thanks again!