tkj25 year-end progress pics & hair cut!

taj

Your bantu knot set and ponytail is FIYA!!!:grin: Overall your hair looks great and you're doing good job!

Last edited:

jahzyira

Wow tkj25 you have some beautiful hair! Im loving the new cut and that bantu set is HOT... Congrats on your progress!

Jetblackhair

Love the bantu knot set and your ponytail. I don't think I've seen a bantu knot set hang that long!!! I've been so unsuccessful at bantus.

kami11213

I'm sure this was asked but you should really do a bantu knot out tutorial b/c yours came out great!

tkj25

Hey I didn't know we had another guy on here!
congrats on your progress, your hair is gorgeous!!!

How do you feel about those threads that say men have it easy and don't have to do as much to get their hair all long? You look like you take really good care of your hair.

thanks boston! yours is gorgeous too:) i for one can attest to the fact that men do not have it easier. it takes us just as long to grow hair. i think it appears to grow faster because we tend to not have to do as much to our hair. it's basically braid it up & go -- basic low manipulation & protective styling.

BM he was the only guy I knew of for the longest!

WERK! Loving the bantu set...you know you gotta spill how ya did it. Congrats on your progress!

Great Progress and SUPER GREAT HAIR! Oh one more thing please do share your info for the bantu knot out set?

thanks eisani & np! the bantus were super easy. i just put them in before i went to sleep, about 10 of them, tied it up in a stocking cap, and took them down in the morning. the bigger you make them the wavier the result, & the more hang you get. they also hold better the longer you leave them in.

Girl, tkj25 been on LHCF forever....:grin:

you know that's right, lol:) and i'm still trying to reach my goal.:drunk::grin::drunk: no more bc's for me. i will get there.

All that pretty hair! I just can't take it! OMG!:king::love: Can you please share what products you use, please? Your hair grows like wild flowers!:blush:

i tend to use mainly conditioners & moisture spray for natural styles:

aubrey organics rosa mosqueta, gpb, white camellia, aussie moist, tresseme, yes-to-cucumbers, bumble & bumble seaweed (it has parabens which i try to avoid) but my hair loves sea veggies.

any good braid sheen, activator/moisture spray will work. i usually make my own from veggie glycerin, water, msm, essential oils ... and whatever else i have on hand or feel like adding in that day.:drunk: i usually make a large batch that lasts a few months.

i use oils for straight styles, lol, otherwise they revert:

coconut, avocado, olive, castor

Thanks for sharing your progress, and your bravery in evening up your ends. That last picture in your Fotki album where you say, "I love my hair" - I love your hair too! :grin:

aww thanks yamilee!:)

Gorgeous hair tkj25! Thnx for sharing. Are those twist done on wet or dry/blow dried hair?

i usually do twists on wet hair. i know you can get more length/hang on dry hair, but i find wet is better for my ends. i don't blow dry my hair unless i'm straightening. here recently i haven't even been doing that, lol, i just do braids outs/bantus to stretch. it takes longer but is less damaging for my hair.

Love the bantu knot set and your ponytail. I don't think I've seen a bantu knot set hang that long!!! I've been so unsuccessful at bantus.

thanks jbh! they're really easy. they just take a little practice. don't give up.

Your bantu knot out set is really nice. What did you use for hold?

thanks paulina! i did't use anything for hold. just an oil blend ( coconut, olive, castor)

lollyoo

Tk,
Great progress. The bantu knot is AMAZING, love the thickness of the pony as well.
Happy new year in advance