My hair with FHI....Better condition?????

Chevelure618

I bought a FHI platform. Normally my hair hates heat, but I dumped my old-fashioned blowdryer and bought a new one with nano, ceramic, infrared whatever and I couldn't believe the great condition it left my hair after blowdrying. So I went ahead and bought a FHI after a lot of research and tested it like this:

I washed with Aphogee for damaged hair, then Aphogee 2-minute, then the Aphogee Green tea reconstructor and let half airdry. Then I applied Chi silk infusion and let dry the rest of the way. Then I flat ironed with the FHI on about 370. I couldn't believe it. It was so soft and had a great sheen. I didn't pull the flat iron all the way to the ends because I don't want to damage my ends. Some of the sections I did, because I have sections of underprocessed hair.

My Question: Is it possible for the flat iron to make your hair in BETTER condition? I now realize that I was using old-fashioned blowdryers and I think the Maxiglide runs hotter and I'm not sure about the nano technology and tourmaline with the Maxiglide.

I don't want to be fooled though. At some point is heat just heat? Or is the new generation of hairdryers/flatrons really less damaging OR really better for the hair. My comb glides through.

Frankly, I do rollerset, but unless I have a fresh touch-up, rollersetting is too much manipulation for my hair in the latter part of the stretch. I'd love to be able to fall back on the FHI.

Responses/advice appreciated.

Last edited:

tenjoy

It could be giving the appearance of health and sheen, because the cuticles are laying flat. Your using a heat protectant so thats good. I guess as long as your not useing heat to often, you should be fine.

Find the balance of enjoying your hair and keeping it healthy.