The ultimate "Phoney Pony"!

sassyhair

I would like to see a more kinky loose spiral curl...like a puff but not too puffy. sorry I am very visual, I can understand if you donot have photos available.

I reposted because it was missed.

Ponytaildiva

It wasn't missed Sassyhair, I responded yesterday. However, today my hair distributer came to deliver hair and he had some of the hair that you are referring to. It only comes 10" long. If you are serious about wanting one, I will see if I can find it longer if you would want it longer. However, if you are just curious, I am asking that you wait until my website is up because I will have it shown there. Hope that is cool with you???

Yesterday 09:59 PMMichellehall: Sassyhair, you are going to wear me out. I am going to ask you to wait until my website is completed. It will have many different examples of all the hair textures. I am building my website as I browse through LHCF and respond to the postings. It is hours of work....incredible amount of time to get it up.

Tee

Michellehall said:
Letitia, you will soon see pictures of one of your own LHCF with thick hair. Several have made purchases and a couple have agreed to share pictures. They are all in the mail.

Thanks. Dont mean to be a pain in the neck. My hair is just so thick but I would love the easy of a nice looking pony. Thanks for answering all our question so quickly and so honestly.

sassyhair

Thanks for answering michelle. I think I will wait to see the website because I dont know how short 10" with that type of hair will look, I am thinking I may want 12-14. Thanks alot, make sure you tell us when the site is up. Will that be long from now?

sareca

fancypants007 said:
Let me know as well. I emailed her and I wanted to volunteer, but I asked her if I could wear it over my own hair that was twisted in a bun and a "baggie" added to it before attaching the phony pony. She replied to my email by saying and I quote.....

"No, my UPA Clip will not work for you. It is designed for those who want a ponytail longer then their natural ponytail or those who have thin hair and want a fuller ponytail. The Bracket actually wraps around your natural ponytail". (unquote)

I don't know if she misunderstood my question or not, but I don't care if I have to pay for it. I would love to take a break from wearing my hair in a bun by adding a phony pony that looks real and that matches my hair and texture. I was impressed that she custom makes these phony ponies, but I want to wear my hair in a protective style while wearing the attached phony pony.

Sarcea, your own hair is a thick ponytail, so please let me know how it works for you.

Will do. :)

Ponytaildiva

Redriot, you don't have to wait for the website. Any of you can go to this website and find the hair texture, color and length that you want and I can hook you up. Just give me the page that it is on and the product number. Hair is ordered and delivered in 12 to 24 hours and UPA Clip is mailed out to you in 3 days. Also, make sure that the hair that you select in on the weft.
http://www.royalimex.com/products/products.aspx?pagetitle=Human%20hair%20products

BamaBelle

Hey y'all! I've updated my Fotki album with pictures with the UPA clip. The pictures were too large to attach here... Password is below link to album in siggy.

I must alert y'all: I literally received the box with the UPA in it, opened it, slapped my hair into a little piglet tail and clipped the UPA on! I didn't do any major smoothing and all that because I was anxious to see if it would work... It did! Once I followed Michelle's directions for smoothing down my flyaways (holding conditioner and a doo rag!) I wore the UPA to a meeting and got many compliments!

However, my weekly visit to the salon led to a "trim..." Now, it'll be another two months before I can UPA! *sigh* Anyway... THANKS MICHELLEHALL!!! I appreciate you!

:)

gorgeoushair

BamaBelle said:
Hey y'all! I've updated my Fotki album with pictures with the UPA clip. The pictures were too large to attach here... Password is below link to album in siggy.

I must alert y'all: I literally received the box with the UPA in it, opened it, slapped my hair into a little piglet tail and clipped the UPA on! I didn't do any major smoothing and all that because I was anxious to see if it would work... It did! Once I followed Michelle's directions for smoothing down my flyaways (holding conditioner and a doo rag!) I wore the UPA to a meeting and got many compliments!

However, my weekly visit to the salon led to a "trim..." Now, it'll be another two months before I can UPA! *sigh* Anyway... THANKS MICHELLEHALL!!! I appreciate you!

:)

For some reason your page is not coming up.

Ponytaildiva

GirlywithCurlies I am going to order some afro textured hair just for you to see. Give me a couple of days. Any particular style you have in mind?

Ponytaildiva

Wow..I really really love this one. It belongs to one of your own LHCF members. She might have to fight me for this one.:grin:

Attachments

• Spanish Wave Long Side LHCF.jpg
    Spanish Wave Long Side LHCF.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 90

sareca

It's here! Michelle just put it in the mail on Friday and it's here already. It must have gotten to my house on Saturday. I just got it out of the mail this morning. I'd dressed and left the house so I haven't tried it on, but the curl pattern does look a lot like the photos I sent her. Of course, like all phonys, it's a little shiny but I know what to do for that. :D

I can't wait to try it on!!! Now I can, 'cause I was a bad girl and took my braids out at 5A this morning. I know, I know... they looked bad tho. I'd already retouched them twice so they had to go. :( But this means I get to wear my phony! Yay! I'm so excited. I'll update ya'll (w/ photos) when I get home tonight.

GirlywithCurlies

Michellehall said:
GirlywithCurlies I am going to order some afro textured hair just for you to see. Give me a couple of days. Any particular style you have in mind?

I'm thinking of a pretty, full puff with some curl definition - like little kinky spirals I can fluff with my fingers.

sweetascocoa

alrighty.....do you have shorter ponytails? and will it be cheaper? im not saying real short. im saying like 3/4 of the one in the ebay listing

Ponytaildiva

GirlywithCurlies is 10" to 12" long enough? That is as long as I have been able to find it. Sareca how do you get the shine out of the hair????? The shine is caused by the way they process the human hair. I don't care how much I spend on hair, I still get that too shiny look. Share share share please:confused:

Ponytaildiva

LadyR, yours is completed and will be in the mail tomorrow. It is toooooo cute! It is packaged and ready to go. You will not have a problem with shine on yours. I was going to take a picture with yours, but they had already packaged it. So, you get the surprise in the mail in the next couple of days.

sareca

Michellehall said:
GirlywithCurlies is 10" to 12" long enough? That is as long as I have been able to find it. Sareca how do you get the shine out of the hair????? The shine is caused by the way they process the human hair. I don't care how much I spend on hair, I still get that too shiny look. Share share share please:confused:

Of course I'll share... I use Hollywood's Carrot Oil Creme. This product is cheap, available at any Walgreen's, and very moisturizing so I'm not knocking it, but it'll take the shine off of chrome! The same reason I stopped using it on my hair makes it great for phonies. The pics has both the conditioner and moisiturzer. I just use the moisturizer on the phonies.

Actually ladies let me try it first. It works like a charm on synthetic hair, but I've never had human hair before. I'll keep you posted.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Oooooooooooo I can't wait.

Michellehall said:
LadyR, yours is completed and will be in the mail tomorrow. It is toooooo cute! It is packaged and ready to go. You will not have a problem with shine on yours. I was going to take a picture with yours, but they had already packaged it. So, you get the surprise in the mail in the next couple of days.

Okay, I'll be ordering one at the end of August after I get my retouch and dye my hair so I can order the right color. I already see the hair I want.

Michellehall...you have come up with a great product. Are you considering coming up with more hair products like this?

Ponytaildiva

Wait sareca!!!!! Don't put it on your UPA Clip! Let me try it first on hair that I have. Sounds like some serious stuff! We do not want to ruin your UPA Clip. LOL

sareca

Michellehall said:
Wait sareca!!!!! Don't put it on your UPA Clip! Let me try it first on hair that I have. Sounds like some serious stuff! We do not want to ruin your UPA Clip. LOL

Nawl, it can't be that bad. I used it all the time on my hair (at least I used to). It's actually a decent product. A lot of people here use it. It's just not good at shine, quite the opposite.

But I'll wait... I don't want to ruin it either. Like I said, I've never had human hair before (except what grows out of my scalp). ;) Nor have I ever had a pony this expensive. My other ones are like $9 - $12.00.

BamaBelle

SexySin985 said:
Try clicking on her Username and then click where it says Visit BamaBell's Homepage
I love that picture of the church sign!!! It reminds me of home. Ahhh... home!

I am sorry my pictures sucked... partly because I was so excited to try the clip I just slapped it on my hair! Then I went to the hairdresser and she... WHAT?! GAVE ME A TRIM! Ugh? *sigh*

Last edited:

sareca

Ok, here are my pics. There are more in my album. Pw in profile

These two show how not bulky it is at the ends and top. I did shorten it a little tho. It was more 'v' shaped. I wanted more 'u' shaped. I'm very happy with it! :yay: