My new Phoney Pony and the dumb lady at work...

crlsweetie912

Ok, I was wearing a cute ponytail that I had fashioned into a bun. I usually wear it with sticks or a pretty hairpin. But, since my hair is growing and I am stretching, I decided that the straight hair didn't really match my hair so I went out and got this ponytail
http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=145&searchOption=5&viewOption=1&position=0&limit=20&value1=404&value2=0&value3=0&search=0

I have it really low on my head like a bun would be and it looks cute. I find that the kiddie ponytails are smaller and don't look like you have 10 packs of weave on your head. They are also lighter, so the weight of the pony doesn't pull and tug.

I also change my styles very often and get comments at work.

Why did this lady come up to me at my desk and say "How many wigs do you have?":eek: :eek: :eek:
I wanted to punch her a** in the face. This is the same lady who asked me when I had a braidout, "oh, that's how yall's hair texture really looks." WTH!:mad:

This is how the pony looks.

Belle Du Jour

Re: My new Phoney Pony and the dumb arse lady at work...

You phony pony is really cute. I hate when people are all up in my business. I'm sure she noticed your discomfort but just kept right on anyway.

preciousjewel76

That's a cute pony! I thought about getting one similar to that.

And what did she mean by "y'alls hair texture"? All natrual Afro-textured hair doesn't look alike. Of course, most people are too uninformed to know that. Just brush the dirt off your shoulder, hon. And keep on rockin' your styles! She's probably just jealous because she's not as creative as you are.

crlsweetie912

It wasn't upsetting as much as it was an invasion of my privacy. There are a lot of phoney pony/weave/wig wearers here. I bet she doesn't get all up in their business like that. She's always just blunt and kind of loud with it. Anyone can tell that's its a fall/phoney pony, but dang. (only cause I switch up frequently) She just kind of announces it to the world.
I want to say "dang, why can't you get your hair to look decent?" cause hers looks a mess. Like she just got out of bed. Sawy I am being mean now.
(she's white.)

Last edited:

scoobygirl

Ignore her foolishness. Your pony is too cute! I didn't know they made them like that.

mw138

Wow! I think your phoney pony looks cute! People can be so ignorant sometimes.

When I was in college, I wore a phoney pony. One day I was in the elevator of my dorm and two girls walked in. I knew one of them. We said our obligatory hellos and then I came to my floor. When I went to walk out of the elevator, this chick literally grabs a hold of my pony and flips it in the air. I don't know what she was trying to do. She, of all people, should have known that you don't do that to someone. When I looked back at her like "what the hell?" she just had this smile on her face. It's because of her that I truly know that there are women out there who don't want other women to look nice. Jealousy is a terrible thing!

AtlantaJJ

preciousjewel76 said:

And what did she mean by "y'alls hair texture"? All natrual Afro-textured hair doesn't look alike. Of course, most people are too uninformed to know that. Just brush the dirt off your shoulder, hon. And keep on rockin' your styles! She's probably just jealous because she's not as creative as you are.

That right, she needs to mind her own business, how dang tacky of her! She is actually admiring you and doesn't know how to express her simple minded self! Geeze

InNeedofHairapy

What kind of pony IS that?:eek:

It's cute, and I want one...details, please :lol:

And is for your co-worker, I wouldn't even sweat her. Some people ARE just that ignorant, and I know, because we probably share the same darn co-worker. Mine was not only loud, and in your business, but she was vulgar too, and would talk about going to Church and "Praise God" and cursing in the same sentence. Some people are just dumbtarded by nature.

You know you look cute, and if she's a mess, then she is probably just threatened by you and wants to pic on something as trivial as the amount of ponys you have b/c there is nothing else for her to pick on...

preciousjewel76

mw138 said:

When I was in college, I wore a phoney pony. One day I was in the elevator of my dorm and two girls walked in. I knew one of them. We said our obligatory hellos and then I came to my floor. When I went to walk out of the elevator, this chick literally grabs a hold of my pony and flips it in the air. I don't know what she was trying to do. She, of all people, should have known that you don't do that to someone. When I looked back at her like "what the hell?" she just had this smile on her face. It's because of her that I truly know that there are women out there who don't want other women to look nice. Jealousy is a terrible thing!

Now that's just petty. :ohwell:

AtlantaJJ

mw138 said:

Girl you good, I would have dropped her as* and then claimed she assulted me to the police! LOL Self defence!

Sorry that it happend to you, it should have been me! LOL

mw138

AtlantaJJ said:
Girl you good, I would have dropped her as* and then claimed she assulted me to the police! LOL Self defence!

Sorry that it happend to you, it should have been me! LOL

LOL! :lachen: I wish you had been there with me!

AtlantaJJ

:lol:
InNeedofHairapy said:
What kind of pony IS that?:eek:

It's cute, and I want one...details, please :lol:

And is for your co-worker, I wouldn't even sweat her. Some people ARE just that ignorant, and I know, because we probably share the same darn co-worker. Mine was not only loud, and in your business, but she was vulgar too, and would talk about going to Church and "Praise God" and cursing in the same sentence. Some people are just dumbtarded by nature.

You know you look cute, and if she's a mess, then she is probably just threatened by you and wants to pic on something as trivial as the amount of ponys you have b/c there is nothing else for her to pick on...
See I'm mean and spitefull. I'd show up with another one on next week, go directly to her and say "look at this one, isn't it pretty! I thought about you when I got it, they had one that matched your color too..." :lol: :lol:

AtlantaJJ

mw138 said:
LOL! :lachen: I wish you had been there with me!

For real, before her hand got back to her side she'd be on the deck! Shoot, where I come from you dont put your hands on anyone without asking for it.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I woulda wanted to pimpslap the chick on the elevator....and I'm not even violent.

As far as the other woman.... she could be loving your style and individuality while wondering what she can do to change her look up. I wore a pretty and full wig one day and the next I wore a short cute cropped one. This cute lil white guy looked at me and said what the hell happened to all of your hair?! Without missing a beat I said I put it back in the box. He looked at me and said,"I didn't mean anything by it... it's just that White people don't do anything to their hair. It's always bland and boring... and yours looks good. I never know what to expect when you walk through the door." In short, ask her if she'd consider changing her look. Unless she's being obnoxious then say wooo somebody's been hitting the "haterade" pretty hard today.

FYI I like your phony pony! It looks like yours in the pic. And girl it's CUUUUUTE! Ignore the madness and focus on your goals. ;)

Qetesh

preciousjewel76 said:

I agree with that part. It’s a shame what jealous people will do. I have never worn a phony pony (only because my hair is too long to hide in one)
If I were you I would have laughed with her and said yea I have a lot of different styles it depends on my mood.

But I do wear wigs whenever I feel the need to change up my style. It’s funny because white people can NOT understand how I can fit ALL my hair under a wig. And people will comment because they notice you are confident enough in yourself to wear fake hair that’s obviously fake whenever you feel the need, I don’t wear wigs because I don’t have hair but I wear them to change my style/hair color, some people cant understand how this is possible and they feel the need to hate on anything that looks good. In fact I jus ordered 2 more wigs and ill be rocking them as soon as it gets cold out J

Just keep your head up and keep it moving.

AtlantaJJ

crlsweetie912 said:
It wasn't upsetting as much as it was an invasion of my privacy. There are a lot of phoney pony/weave/wig wearers here. I bet she doesn't get all up in their business like that. She's always just blunt and kind of loud with it. Anyone can tell that's its a fall/phoney pony, but dang. (only cause I switch up frequently) She just kind of announces it to the world.
I want to say "dang, why can't you get your hair to look decent?" cause hers looks a mess. Like she just got out of bed. Sawy I am being mean now.
(she's white.)

See, I posted what to do further down in the thread... that will shut her the blank right up...

AtlantaJJ

Qetesh said:
I agree with that part. It’s a shame what jealous people will do. I have never worn a phony pony (only because my hair is too long to hide in one)
If I were you I would have laughed with her and said yea I have a lot of different styles it depends on my mood.

But I do wear wigs whenever I feel the need to change up my style. It’s funny because white people can NOT understand how I can fit ALL my hair under a wig. And people will comment because they notice you are confident enough in yourself to wear fake hair that’s obviously fake whenever you feel the need, I don’t wear wigs because I don’t have hair but I wear them to change my style/hair color, some people cant understand how this is possible and they feel the need to hate on anything that looks good. In fact I jus ordered 2 more wigs and ill be rocking them as soon as it gets cold out J

Wigs are great when it's cold aren't they? I had my fall on yesterday, the wind was blowing and my head was warm!! LOLOL I never thought of that before this site...I'm getting a couple more full wigs too.... I just posted some pictures on a wig thread here.
Your hair looks beautiful!!!!!

preciousjewel76

Qetesh said:

That's what I've discovered since being here. Wigs/falls/etc. aren't just for short-haired ladies (like me!), but they're a style option. They're a great way to switch up you're style without killing your own hair. Matter of fact, I need to pull out one of my falls to wear next week, I've been slipping....

glamazon386

OMG that was so rude and distasteful! She should be ashamed of herself. Sorry you had to deal with her ignorant behind. The pony looks very nice!! I like it! :)

crlsweetie912

Thanks everybody! I knew yall would understand. Some people are just ignorant. I know that she didn't mean any harm. I even bought her one of the bun circles from sally's because she kept complimenting me on my bun. She hasn't used it though.
Bmore: I was looking for one like yours. Do you know what brand/type it is? TIA!

glamazon386

crlsweetie912 said:
Thanks everybody! I knew yall would understand. Some people are just ignorant. I know that she didn't mean any harm. I even bought her one of the bun circles from sally's because she kept complimenting me on my bun. She hasn't used it though.
Bmore: I was looking for one like yours. Do you know what brand/type it is? TIA!

You tried to help her out and she's still acting up? Lord some people... I would have punched her in the face. :look: Yeah, it's a really random brand I had never heard of. The brand is Harlem125 and the style is Samba 20.

crlsweetie912

Thanks Bmore!

You know I googled it and found it already. But they want $30.00! Where did you get yours? TIA!

I don't think the lady knows how to use that thing! LOL!

glamazon386

crlsweetie912 said:
Thanks Bmore!

You know I googled it and found it already. But they want $30.00! Where did you get yours? TIA!

I don't think the lady knows how to use that thing! LOL!

Sure, NP. :) Where'd you find it online? I searched for it but I couldn't find it. $30 for a synthetic ponytail?!?!? They crazy. I only paid $10. I got it from a BSS near my house. At the top of Liberty Rd in Randallstown there's a new Home Depot and there's a BSS in that little shopping center. They had a bunch of them over the summer but when I went back up there a few weeks ago to check the brand for ladies here on the board that asked, they only had a few left.

glamazon386

crlsweetie912 said:
http://www.internationalwig.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=36&products_id=9967b
it's this place

Shoot, I am going to keep looking! Thanks for the information!

Thanks for the link. I think I may go back up there this weekend and get another one. I want one with some color in it. If you find it somewhere else the most it should cost you is $14.99. I can't believe they want that much money for a synthetic pony.

cmw45

Humph...she's luck she didn't roll up on me with that mess...I would :spank: her arse, then I would've threaten to report her to human resources if she made another such comment.

crlsweetie912

bmoreflyygirl said:
Thanks for the link. I think I may go back up there this weekend and get another one. I want one with some color in it. If you find it somewhere else the most it should cost you is $14.99. I can't believe they want that much money for a synthetic pony.

dang bmore: can you help a sista out?:D

glamazon386

crlsweetie912 said:
dang bmore: can you help a sista out?:D

lol what part of town do you live in? Better yet, just PM me. If I go up there this weekend I can get you one if you want.

Last edited:

zzirvingj

AtlantaJJ said:
That right, she needs to mind her own business, how dang tacky of her! She is actually admiring you and doesn't know how to express her simple minded self! Geeze

Off topic---AtlantaJJ, your siggy pic is gorgeous!

neonbright

Queen J to the rescue, I am going to have to slap that lady. I get stupid questions like that with my own hair and I wear it down alot, so when I get up do's or partial up do's, they think my hair is fake.

This is really pissing me off with people all in the hair without knowing the flavor of the kool aid...:lachen::lachen: