The Official 2006 sew in/weave challenge

asummertyme

i snap..i found the pro 10 hair in a bss in brooklyn..that will be my next weave after i take out the one i am doing now..i hear it is the jam!

asummertyme

Alli77 said:
Asummertyme, do you mind sharing what type of hair he reccommended? Is his shop of choice Lugo's or Adorable's? Thanks.

im sorry for the delay...he reccommended a place called lexys in brooklyn on flatbush he said..i have never used it but he said it was the bomb...i didint see him this weekend though..he siad he heard about lugos but doesnt use them..

MiWay

I just got mine and I love it. I'm still getting used to it...the color (never had color before), fullness (never had fullness before), and just the weave itself since I've never had one before. I got Hollywood Italian Yaki hair, which seems pretty good so far, but a pack and a half is much thicker than my own hair, so styling will be a challenge. I'm gonna try to leave this in for at least 2 months...

glamazon386

asummertyme said:
o snap girl..i didint even c ur question..chile funny u should ask..as we are speaking i am re-doing my culy weave..i am gonna leave some hair out in this one..lilke the pics in my fotki album..no full head..im tired of it..before this, i had a tow up fake arse remy strait weave..i brought it from a hair supply store and they lied and said the hair was remy..it was more like crapy! i was soooo pissed off b/c it takes me time to braid my whole head and weave it and for me to do all that and have to take the weave out in 2 weeks...chile i was on fire! so i rocked a wig for a few days...and now i had to digg up some old lugos curly hair from out of my closet and reweave it with that..i had no money for new hair so this is gonna have to do!! lol..wasuup with ur hair? what u rockin?

Damn that sucks... I did the same thing though lol Pulled my Goddess Remi back out the closet again. I needed my hair done and I was short on $$. This is the 3rd time I'm reusing this hair. I'm on week 2. I plan on leaving it in until the end of the month. With all the humidity here lately it's been annoying me though. DAMN HEATWAVE!! :censored: I have to keep rewashing bc of frizz from the weave and my own hair. I'm thinking about getting some braids. My little cousin came over the other day with some goddess braids (twists) and they looked extra good. She said they only took 5 hrs and the lady didn't braid too tight so I think I might just shell out the $180 and get those put in. Then I really won't have to think about my hair for 2 months or so.

asummertyme

ur welcome!! Alli77!...hey yall, well i reinstalled my trusty lugos curly hair that i have had for who knows how long, but this sucka is still going strong..after the diaster i had in my hair 2 weeks ago..i can always rely on this hair...i plan on keeping this in for at least 6 weeks..minimum...

asummertyme

bmoreflyygirl said:
Damn that sucks... I did the same thing though lol Pulled my Goddess Remi back out the closet again. I needed my hair done and I was short on $$. This is the 3rd time I'm reusing this hair. I'm on week 2. I plan on leaving it in until the end of the month. With all the humidity here lately it's been annoying me though. DAMN HEATWAVE!! :censored: I have to keep rewashing bc of frizz from the weave and my own hair. I'm thinking about getting some braids. My little cousin came over the other day with some goddess braids (twists) and they looked extra good. She said they only took 5 hrs and the lady didn't braid too tight so I think I might just shell out the $180 and get those put in. Then I really won't have to think about my hair for 2 months or so.

Bmore, did u get it braidied? i love the style in ur siggy!

glamazon386

asummertyme said:
Bmore, did u get it braidied? i love the style in ur siggy!

Thanks! Nah I haven't gotten it braided yet. I'm dreading taking down this weave and I'm a little broke at the moment. The hair in the pic is still the Goddess Remi. I just set it on hot rollers and it came out cute. The plan was originally to roll it to get it straight and then I was gonna wrap it but I fell i love with the curls. :lol: I kept it like that for a few days and then ran some water on it yesterday morning bc it started to look fuzzy. I might try it again before I go out tonight.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Better late than never. I am hopping on this challenge ladies!!

I am currently sporting a partial sewn that I will wear for 6 week. I will take this out around the end of September and install a full sewn in. I may just leave out enough so I can do a side part or I may attempt an enclosure. I will see when the time comes.

glamazon386

asummertyme said:
Shoot it looks damn good!

Thanks! And welcome to the challenge DSD. I just realized I started this back in December and it's been almost 9 months. Damn it's almost over. That time went quick.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
bmoreflyygirl said:
Thanks! And welcome to the challenge DSD. I just realized I started this back in December and it's been almost 9 months. Damn it's almost over. That time went quick.
Thanks!! I didn't realize this was started that long ago.

nyc_beauty

Hey I'm in....Could someone here clue me in on how to maintain Remy Goddess French Wave....My hair is looking a mess. What products should I be using on this hair? Thanks in advance

glamazon386

nyc_beauty said:
Hey I'm in....Could someone here clue me in on how to maintain Remy Goddess French Wave....My hair is looking a mess. What products should I be using on this hair? Thanks in advance

What does it look like? Frizzy? It looks kind of frizzy fresh out the pack. Last time I had it I left it alone for a week or so because I didn't have time to wash it and let it airdry before the graduation. It was fine for a week or so. But ordinarily I would've washed it as soon as I got home. It curls up when you wet it. I cowashed mines and then let it airdry most of the time because the humidity here was making it frizz. You can also get wet n wavy mousse. But for the most part I didn't use anything on it unless I was washing it. Here's a few random pictures from the last batch I bought in May. It held up pretty good. Long enough for 3 weaves. It's my favorite hair. There's more pics in my fotki...

- Fresh out the pack (Graduation May 22)
- Early June
- 4th of July
- Early August
- Late August

Last edited:

nyc_beauty

bmoreflyygirl said:
What does it look like? Frizzy? It looks kind of frizzy fresh out the pack. Last time I had it I left it alone for a week or so because I didn't have time to wash it and let it airdry before the graduation. It was fine for a week or so. But ordinarily I would've washed it as soon as I got home. It curls up when you wet it. I cowashed mines and then let it airdry most of the time because the humidity here was making it frizz. You can also get wet n wavy mousse. But for the most part I didn't use anything on it unless I was washing it. Here's a few random pictures from the last batch I bought in May. It held up pretty good. Long enough for 3 weaves. It's my favorite hair. There's more pics in my fotki...

I have a pic attached showing how bad the hair has gotten; after having been done on Friday. Its just a fuzzy mess. I guess, the rainy weather in NY contributes to this, or it may be my maintenance. I oil my braids every other night. I've use a brush on it a couple nights and I have used activator once on it. Nightly I do braid the hair.

B, am I doing something wrong? What are your suggestions? Does this look normal?

Last edited:

glamazon386

nyc_beauty said:
I have a pic attached showing how bad the hair has gotten; after having been done on Friday. Its just a fuzzy mess. I guess, the rainy weather in NY contributes to this, or it may be my maintenance. I oil my braids every other night. I've use a brush on it a couple nights and I have used activator once on it. Nightly I do braid the hair.

B, am I doing something wrong? What are your suggestions? Does this look normal?

It doesn't look bad to me however if you haven't had it in that long then I don't really know. I didn't braid mines up at night. I would guess that would mess with the curl pattern. Actually I never do anything to my hair at night no matter what style it is bc im lazy lol so I don't really know what to say about that. I sleep on a satin pillowcase though. Okay... Whatever you do don't use a brush on it. It's just gonna make it frizzy. If you need to detangle use a wide toothed comb. And do it by section starting in the back. Let it air dry or dry with a diffuser. Don't touch it. If you're going to mousse it wait until it's damp not dripping wet. More than likely it will puff in the rain though. Does it feel dry? Try deep conditioning it. It should tame the frizz. I used an ORS pak and it made it feel real soft and silky like it was fresh out the pack. I made sure to do that every friday when I washed it. Sometimes I would leave it on over night and rinse in the morning. It looked the fluffiest with no products in it and airdried. I'm not sure if you want it to hang or get big. I liked for mines to get sort of big. I HTH... If not, let me know.

Last edited:

nyc_beauty

bmoreflyygirl said:
It doesn't look bad to me however if you haven't had it in that long then I don't really know. I didn't braid mines up at night. I would guess that would mess with the curl pattern. Actually I never do anything to my hair at night no matter what style it is bc im lazy lol so I don't really know what to say about that. I sleep on a satin pillowcase though. Okay... Whatever you do don't use a brush on it. It's just gonna make it frizzy. If you need to detangle use a wide toothed comb. And do it by section starting in the back. Let it air dry or dry with a diffuser. Don't touch it. If you're going to mousse it wait until it's damp not dripping wet. More than likely it will puff in the rain though. Does it feel dry? Try deep conditioning it. It should tame the frizz. I used an ORS pak and it made it feel real soft and silky like it was fresh out the pack. I made sure to do that every friday when I washed it. Sometimes I would leave it on over night and rinse in the morning. It looked the fluffiest with no products in it and airdried. I'm not sure if you want it to hang or get big. I liked for mines to get sort of big. I HTH... If not, let me know.

I am going to condition it, Friday...Is shampooing recommeded as well? BTW, thanks for everything...you've been a great help.

glamazon386

nyc_beauty said:
I am going to condition it, Friday...Is shampooing recommeded as well? BTW, thanks for everything...you've been a great help.

Sure NP. :) I only shampooed every once in a blue moon. Sometimes on Fridays and sometimes not. Since I didn't really use any products there wasn't really a need to. Some shampoos dried the hair out except when I used Therappe. I'm sure any moisturizing shampoo will do. If you have some shampoo or conditioner in your cabinet that you just want to get rid of you can use that. I usually just co washed or just rinsed every few days bc it would start to look fuzzy. I would do it in the morning and let it dry throughout the day. Then after 3 or 4 days I would repeat it. In between the days that I cowashed or rinsed I would fluff it from the bottom with my fingers and go. Sleeping on it wet would smash it a bit. I probably could have eliminated the need for all that by sleeping with a satin cap but thats too much like right.

Last edited:

nyc_beauty

bmoreflyygirl said:
Hey how'd the hair turn out?

Sorry, about the delay: Much thanks to you.....it's been behaving well (your suggestions were effective). I did my conditioner wash on sunday...and have been wetting it daily, thereafter. I don't apply any products, other than water to the hair. But I oil the scalp every other day.

Quick question: How do you achieve a straight look with the french wave hair?....I would like to apply caruso rollers.

glamazon386

nyc_beauty said:
Sorry, about the delay: Much thanks to you.....it's been behaving well (your suggestions were effective). I did my conditioner wash on sunday...and have been wetting it daily, thereafter. I don't apply any products, other than water to the hair. But I oil the scalp every other day.

Quick question: How do you achieve a straight look with the french wave hair?....I would like to apply caruso rollers.

Yay!! I'm glad I could help. I really love this hair but most of the people at BHM hated it. They said it tangled real bad. And people said they couldn't get it straight no matter how high they turned up the flat iron. IDK what that was about... :lol: You just have to learn to tame it. I used some conair hot rollers to straighten mines. You can see them here: http://www.conair.com/images/hc_chv26ivr.jpg...And once I just combed it straight and wrapped it while it was wet and slept on it.

The rollers worked better. I've never tried carusos but I have the ones that sit in the thing and heat up and then you put them on dry hair. By them time my makeup was done the rollers were done. Then I just wrapped it with a paddle brush to get it straighter. I don't see why the Caruso's won't do the trick. Btw, what's the difference between the ones I have and carusos? Are carusos the ones that use steam?

I have some pictures in my fotki of it straight, wrapped and curls from the roller set. It was a lot easier than flat ironing. Oh yeah it stayed straight until I jumped in the pool even in the hot weather. I was surprised.

Last edited:

nyc_beauty

bmoreflyygirl said:
Yay!! I'm glad I could help. I really love this hair but most of the people at BHM hated it. They said it tangled real bad. And people said they couldn't get it straight no matter how high they turned up the flat iron. IDK what that was about... :lol: You just have to learn to tame it. I used some conair hot rollers to straighten mines. You can see them here: http://www.conair.com/images/hc_chv26ivr.jpg...And once I just combed it straight and wrapped it while it was wet and slept on it.

The rollers worked better. I've never tried carusos but I have the ones that sit in the thing and heat up and then you put them on dry hair. By them time my makeup was done the rollers were done. Then I just wrapped it with a paddle brush to get it straighter. I don't see why the Caruso's won't do the trick. Btw, what's the difference between the ones I have and carusos? Are carusos the ones that use steam?

I have some pictures in my fotki of it straight, wrapped and curls from the roller set. It was a lot easier than flat ironing. Oh yeah it stayed straight until I jumped in the pool even in the hot weather. I was surprised.

Yes, taming this hair is a job.....but I gets it done, just fine. I have noticed that the hair shedding a little more...but not excessively I will attempt the straight look this weekend: I'll let you know how it goes.

I believe the only different between CARUSO and your conair rollers, is that caruso uses steam. But I am not quite sure.

nyc_beauty

Girl, I just reviewed your album again. Its unbelievable, that you were able to get this hair so straight. I'm gonna conquer this hair style, this weekend. I will check back in and let you know how it goes. Thanks for everything Bmoreflyygirl

glamazon386

nyc_beauty said:
Girl, I just reviewed your album again. Its unbelievable, that you were able to get this hair so straight. I'm gonna conquer this hair style, this weekend. I will check back in and let you know how it goes. Thanks for everything Bmoreflyygirl

Sure np. :) Yeah the hot rollers are real quick and easy. Cuz lord knows I didn't wanna flat iron all that hair. It was just gonna stay curly if I had to go that route. :lol: They work good on straight weave too. It beat curling it with the curling iron and it stays curly for at least a few days.

annieup

As for me, I'm now using surge every night throughout my braids. Instead of 3 months, I'll be redoing the sew in every 2 months. I am really into the sew in and was tempted to get one of those lace fronts. I changed my mind and figured "if it aint broke, don't fix it". As for styling, I alternate between curling, then pin curling at night for cute curls. Sometimes, I wear the old school pink rollers to bed, then wrap in the morning for a straight bouncy effect. (I add a swoop bang to the look) My 3rd look is using a crimping iron to crimp all of it. I love the way it looks crimped too because it gives the hair that natural wavy look. I gotta take a pic of this look to add to my signature. I'll be doing the sewn in look until I'm APL. I'm currently chin length.

SUPER SWEET

Im getting a 1/2 weave so im back on the cover up grind...i will post pics.
I found a deal on Janet mink yaky so Im trying it....:confused: