Is anyone here on a sew in/weave challenge?

glamazon386

I did a search but I didn't really find much. I'm thinking about making that my new years resolution because I've noticed over the past year, my hair's grown quite a bit due to weaving. I've only been doing it on and off though and not consistently. I'd leave it in for about 6 weeks. Leave my hair out for about 6 weeks. Relax and then weave again. Sometimes I'd go longer or shorter depending on how soon I got sick of the weave. Then I usually relax (at about 12 weeks) and then go back to the the weave when I got tired of dealing with my own hair. I also had cornrows a few times in between. If you're on a weave/sew in challenge, what's your regimen and how has it been working for you so far?

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Well, one of my new years resolution was to get on one for a year, but i am having second thoughts. I just posted a topic asking for suggestions. :look:

SUPER SWEET

I get my full sew-in on Dec 30th :clap: I want to keep weaves until May 1st. :perplexed Maybe i can make it to armpit by then. I plan to go to the salon at least 2x. I will take the weave out atleast every 6-7 weeks I dont want to lose hair.

Last edited:

CarefreeinChicago

i was just thinking about doing this for the new year 6 weeks in weave two out untill the summer but the last girl that did my sew in braided my hair tight and put a piece of glue on my hair :(

SocialWorker29

Well if anyone's thinking about starting a challenge, count me in. I got a sew-in on Nov 18 and plan on keeping it anywhere from 2-3 months, by washing and letting the stylist do maintenance. Then I plan to keep it down for around 2-3 weeks, then getting another sew-in.

Last edited:

bluediamond0829

i was also thinking about doing the same thing...i was trying to decide on rather i want to go and get some hair and try to find someone to sewin some hair so i can start doing this...maybe by the summer my hair could at least be in better condition than what it is now...Reniece has inspired me so much...im ready to trade in the braids..so so tired of them...and go with sewins..

glamazon386

mysweetevie said:
Ladies,
When you get sew-ins do you get touch-up as well?

I usually relax then get the sew in about a week later. Then I wear it for 6 weeks, take it out. Wear my hair for 6 weeks. I usually wear half wigs around this time. Then relax at 12 weeks and start all over again. I think I'm gonna just eliminate the 6 weeks in between. I think I'll just get a wash and set and wait 2 weeks instead just to give the hairdresser a chance to check on my hair and what not. So who's up for starting a challenge?

KathyMay

I am giving the braids a rest and doing sew in's until the spring. I dont mind taking care a weave while I am using MTG. If I had braids my hair will grow too fast which is good but that is wasting my money for braids.

L

lkg4healthyhair

kinchen said:
i was just thinking about doing this for the new year 6 weeks in weave two out untill the summer but the last girl that did my sew in braided my hair tight and put a piece of glue on my hair :(

I was thinking about this also in the new year.

6 weeks with weave 2 weeks my hair and keep it going until May or so.

If this is a challenge I want to join. I just have to find someone to put it in.

PoeticJustice

Ya'll count me in too!! I will keep the weave in for 6-7 weeks at a time from middle of Dec. to Aug (possibly rest of the year)

1. Wash once a week. Keep hair underneath moisturized
2. Go to the salon 1-2x a month maintenance
3. Touch-up every 3 months. Keep hair in bun and up in clip for 3 weeks (rest).
4. Back in sew-in (repeat)

Growingitlong

I am in. Planned to do Reneice's regimen for 2006 so this ties in nicely. I shall be pretty much follow her regimen so I shall do my touch ups just about every six months unless some big ocasion comes up. I even plan to use the ORS Olive Oil moisturizer like she did.

Right now I am in braids which I plan to keep up until about the end of February doing refreshing every few weeks. It is already five weeks since I put them in and I have already touch them up twice around the edges and once all over just doing them one by one while I watch TV.

When I finally take them down end of February I shall do my touch up after reconstructor and deep conditioning of course. Then start the weave regimen about six weeks later.

Last edited:

glamazon386

Okay, so now this is the Official 2006 Sew/In Weave Challenge Thread. Happy Growing Ladies!

Here's My Regimen:

Week 1: Relax
Week 2: Sew In Weave - Wash or go to Dominican Salon every 2 weeks
Weeks 3-9: Use Glover's Ointment and D & L Almond Rain Oil Mist on braids.
Weeks 10-11: Remove Weave and wear own hair
Week 12: Relax again and start over. Possibly trim if needed.

I'm also taking Biotin and GNC's Horsetail supplement daily.

I'm debating on if I wanna get a full weave or not. If I get a full weave I think I'm gonna skip the relaxer and just reweave. I gotta see how my hair turns out for christmas with this curly hair. I usually cowash the curly hair every few days so maybe that'll help my hair thrive too. Does anyone here do sew ins back to back? How does that work for you? Hopefully this regimen will help me gain more growth than I've been getting lately. Definitely looking forward to 2006. :grin:

Alright ladies, Let's Get It! :lol: