The Official 2006 sew in/weave challenge

HoneyDew

sassyhair said:
I just updated on this challenge I recently installed some indian natural str8 hair, I glued it in with Liquid gold. I spritz it daily with pantene hydrating curls, infusium original leave-in and water mix. I comb through and cover with a scarf and I have decent waves. I think next time I will get most of it sew in and glue in tracks closer to the part. I love the glue technique though because it feels soo sooo flat and natural.

glue?! How do you remove them w/o damaging your hair?

sassyhair

You can use a citrus remover...the same you use to remove gum in your hair...or a q-tip with acetone directly on the weft.....O and I left out that I also saturate the hair with noodlehead to bring out the wave more.

sassyhair

Patience is key and also being calm and not easly frustrated, I remember those days being frustrated whilke removing braids and trying to yank through my hair.

glamazon386

sassyhair said:
I just updated on this challenge I recently installed some indian natural str8 hair, I glued it in with Liquid gold. I spritz it daily with pantene hydrating curls, infusium original leave-in and water mix. I comb through and cover with a scarf and I have decent waves. I think next time I will get most of it sew in and glue in tracks closer to the part. I love the glue technique though because it feels soo sooo flat and natural.

Be careful with that glue Sassyhair. Where'd you buy the hair?

sassyhair

I got some hair from a lady on another forum and she gets it from some indian trade site....I will be gettin some more coarse wavy hair from a chinese vendor soon.

glamazon386

Any updates ladies? I'm on my second week with a quick weave. Got my hair blown out friday and my ends look a little icky. They havent been trimmed since November so I plan on trimming and reweaving in a week or two. I want to get a full head this time so I need to find some cute curly hair. What are you guys up to?

asummertyme

hey bmore...i am taking out the weave that i put in about a month ago, the hair was old so its time to take it out..i will be reinstalling a new weave wit remy hair in the same strait style...

keldevine

I know I am late but I definately want to join this challenge. I will be wearing a weave until the end of 2006. I will be wearing my weave 2 to 3 months at a time.. I just purchased princess deep wavey hair. I will be leaving alittle of my own hair in the front. I am currently relaxer free but my hair is dyed brown with bronze highlights. Does any one here have a weave with permanent color and if show have you suffered any breakage?

T

tgaski2

Me too! Me too! I want to join. I am getting a weave in 10 days. I am getting it done with remy hair. Want to leave it in four 8-12 weeks, take it down, condition/treat and then box braids to take a break before getting it back in.

TG

sassyhair

I am out of the challenge until I get some money to get the hair I really want..great quality hair that lasts for years...im talking about extensions plus hair, I want the relaxed texture hair.

Healthb4Length

I can't wait to join this challenge! I plan on getting Extension Plus hair! I have to buy 2 ounces of hair at a time cause I can't afford it all at once, this is why I haven't joined this challenge as of yet.

sassyhair

girl me and you on the same page...I might try doin that...when I get a steady job, I might just have to dedicate a whole paycheck to it, i dont have any bill other than gas for the car and groceries...so I should be fine

lashay06

Ok. I'm joining up. I do this all the time anyway. I do a sew in. I keep it in for 12 weeks at a time. Here's my regimen: I shampoo/condition every week, Oil every night (mostly with Olive Oil), mist infusion every other day. When I reach the twelve week mark. I remove it ,relax it (I only use PCJ Kids relaxer. My hair takes very little to get straight), and deep condition it and trim/dust ends if needed. Then I'll wear my hair wrapped or roller set for a week sometimes two. (Depending on the humidity. I have puffy hair) Then I start the process over again. Has been seeing wonderful results thus far. I've been doing this for years, but continue to keep my hair at neck/shoulder because I hate the V pattern of my hair once it grows past shoulder. I love sew-ins. This is a great way to give your hair a rest and let nature/nourture take its course. :D

Healthb4Length

sassyhair said:
girl me and you on the same page...I might try doin that...when I get a steady job, I might just have to dedicate a whole paycheck to it, i dont have any bill other than gas for the car and groceries...so I should be fine

Yeah I'm Feenin for that EP hair, they rave about it on BHM. I want that hair, it looks too good, the best hair I've ever seen that matches our texture EXACT. I can't wait till I have it all so I can sew this thing in.

glamazon386

Alli77 said:
Yeah I'm Feenin for that EP hair, they rave about it on BHM. I want that hair, it looks too good, the best hair I've ever seen that matches our texture EXACT. I can't wait till I have it all so I can sew this thing in.

Sassy and Ali, I'm between weaves too until I get my money right. I plan on donating a whole paycheck to getting some Nature Girl curly in a few weeks. So i've been wearing wigs and phony ponys for the time being. I usually take a 2 week break inbetween my weaves anyway.

asummertyme

I am torn between ordering nature girl or indian hairs..thbe hair i have in my hair now is crap..so i plan on reweaving soon...i am pissed b/c it takes me a while to cornrown my hair..now i have to take it back out..i am pissed...
edited to say ima go check out the hair that Ashante reccommended to me , i will go to the store 2morrow...

Healthb4Length

asummertyme said:
I am torn between ordering nature girl or indian hairs..thbe hair i have in my hair now is crap..so i plan on reweaving soon...i am pissed b/c it takes me a while to cornrown my hair..now i have to take it back out..i am pissed...
edited to say ima go check out the hair that Ashante reccommended to me , i will go to the store 2morrow...

Asummertyme, do you mind sharing what type of hair he reccommended? Is his shop of choice Lugo's or Adorable's? Thanks.

glamazon386

asummertyme said:

Hey Asummertyme,

What kind of hair are you wearing now?

sassyhair

I think I will get some nature girl in the winter months...I want a full head, and dont feel like sweatin alot right now. They only thing ima b worried about is having to keep it moisturized, meaning wetting and stuff during the winter.

Tara G.

hey ladies,

i am only just joining this challenge but i have been doing weaves since the start of the year.will be doing my third weave for the year tomm.

ive got some questions-
1. do people deep condition their hair with the weave still in it?? ive been skimming through this thread - but havent seen the answer so im sorry in advance if the answer is there already?

2. What do you ladies do to prevent your hair from kinking- since i live in the UK and whenever i wear a coat the hair tends to bend due to the collar and when i take my coat off my hair is also bent up..is there anyone else who experiences this- i constantly have to straighten my hair evry single day ? maybe there is some magical product out there ...

TIA
TIA

glamazon386

Tara G. said:
hey ladies,

i am only just joining this challenge but i have been doing weaves since the start of the year.will be doing my third weave for the year tomm.

ive got some questions-
1. do people deep condition their hair with the weave still in it?? ive been skimming through this thread - but havent seen the answer so im sorry in advance if the answer is there already?

2. What do you ladies do to prevent your hair from kinking- since i live in the UK and whenever i wear a coat the hair tends to bend due to the collar and when i take my coat off my hair is also bent up..is there anyone else who experiences this- i constantly have to straighten my hair evry single day ? maybe there is some magical product out there ...

TIA
TIA

Yeah, I DC with my weave in. I've been using ORS when I wash on Fridays and DCing afterwards. I'm not sure about the hair bending thing though. I've never experienced that. HTH...

auntybe

My head was on fire so bad form my last relaxer that all I can do is wear a quick weave or a phony pony and I'm looking for a new stylist and a new relaxer

RabiaElaine

Tara G. said:
hey ladies,

ive got some questions-

TIA
TIA

1. Yes I do deep condition with the weave in. I use a spray bottle with diluted conditioner to get to my hair, and then let it sit for a while.

2. What kind of hair are you using. I think this tends to happen more with non-Remy hair (or BSS hair). I'm new to using Remy hair (and weaving in general) but since I've switched the remy hair I'm using now, I haven't had any problems with having to constantly straighten or comb this hair, like I did when I had in hair from the BSS for 3 weeks.

RabiaElaine

auntybe said:
My head was on fire so bad form my last relaxer that all I can do is wear a quick weave or a phony pony and I'm looking for a new stylist and a new relaxer

Sorry this happened to you. What relaxer did you use?

trinidarkie1

I'm doing a 6 week full weave right now. Just completed week One.

This is synthetic hair and wavy. It's quite nice, but it seems like my hair didnt blend as well as I had liked. I always get 1B and now my hair looks like a 2, I dont like that at all. I am hoping that it just needs to be washed or something.

MiWay

Whew! I just finished reading all 30 pages... Great info ladies!

I'm getting my weave on Monday. I have never had a weave before, so I'm totally clueless. The stylist told me to get Milky Way hair. Hopefully this will go well. :perplexed

asummertyme

bmoreflyygirl said:
Hey Asummertyme,

What kind of hair are you wearing now?

o snap girl..i didint even c ur question..chile funny u should ask..as we are speaking i am re-doing my culy weave..i am gonna leave some hair out in this one..lilke the pics in my fotki album..no full head..im tired of it..before this, i had a tow up fake arse remy strait weave..i brought it from a hair supply store and they lied and said the hair was remy..it was more like crapy! i was soooo pissed off b/c it takes me time to braid my whole head and weave it and for me to do all that and have to take the weave out in 2 weeks...chile i was on fire! so i rocked a wig for a few days...and now i had to digg up some old lugos curly hair from out of my closet and reweave it with that..i had no money for new hair so this is gonna have to do!! lol..wasuup with ur hair? what u rockin?