The best of Curl Junkie?

lamaria211

Whats the best moisturizing treatment from curl junkie? The pj in me wants to order something from their line but ive never tried them before?? Help please:)

NikkiQ

I've only used a MJ DC before and it was pretty darn good, but her products are so freakin expensive!

I tend to get my CJ from the hair exchange forum, Curl Mart or Amazon. I think a few others get theirs from Aveyou too.

Philippians413

R these products better than miss jessies??
And what website has the best prices? Tia

Aveyou has the best prices and fastest shipping. They currently have a 20% off coupon code "allchic." I'm not sure when it expires, but I've used it like 3 times now lol.

Philippians413

The best leave-in for me is the Smoothing Lotion! It's HG status! I've also used the Daily Smoothing Conditioner as a leave-in and that's great too.

NikkiQ

Smoothing Lotion and Beauticurls are both AMAZING! Beauticurls and Curls in a Bottle together make my little coils pop like crazy, but leaves my hair really soft.

empressri

Here's the thing that's bothering me about this 'best' thing...

What might be the best for me might not be the best for you. There are things from that line that I rave about but others hate.

But with that being said HELL YES curl junkie is WAY better than miss jessies, bar none.

Curl rehab is my hair crack, along with the honey butta leave in and hibiscus and banana deep fix.

Repair me if I need a protein treatment.

Stylers include the aloe fix and pattern pusha, depending on the climate.

I also love the smoothing lotion for use with ecostyler and curls in a bottle with ecostyler.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Another vote for the Smoothing Lotion. The moisture, the softness, the SLIP... it's stupid good. I'm hoarding my lil bottle till CurlMart has a sale, then Imma ak a fool. :lol:

lamaria211

tiffers said:
Another vote for the Smoothing Lotion. The moisture, the softness, the SLIP... it's stupid good. I'm hoarding my lil bottle till CurlMart has a sale, then Imma ak a fool. :lol:

Make sure u let us no whem that sale is cause I want atleast 4 products so far, and I think I might dive in with the 32oz. Sizes

Britt

Curl Rehab most definetely!
That stuff just melted in my hair and moisturized it. When my jar is close to finish i'm going to invest in the big bottle. I bought the Banana Deep Fix and used it once and wasn't really impressed. Maybe I needed to clarify beforehand? Idk, I hardly use products in my hair so I have minimal product buildup. I gave the Deep Fix to my mom since she needed a moisturizing treatment. I have the Rehab in the coconut scent and I love it.

I also really like the Repair Me, it's a good moisturizing protein conditioner.

I also bought their poo which I like as well, I've only used it a few times so I can't speak on it too much yet but I like that it's non stripping, smells good, and it lathers just enough.

The Smoothing Lotion is a fanatastic leave in conditioner. It's very detangling, smells good, and lightly moisturizes.

I'm relaxed and I love the products I have from them. I like that AveYou ships right away so I don't mind ordering these products. This is actually a line that is practical that I can stick to. So my staples from them are:
  • Curl Rehab (deep moisturizing conditioner)
  • Repair Me (protein conditioner)
  • Assurance Gentle Cleansing shampoo
  • Smoothing Lotion (leave in)
There's a nice little regimen there :yep:. Rarely have a I found a line where I like several of the products, products work well together, and it's easy to get. I think this is a fantastic line and if I were natural I'd def try a lot more the products. I love how they have so many selections to for curly/natural hair. I hope this line never stops making products.

Britt

I just gotta come back in here and say how much I really like this line. I have staple hair products but they were all from different lines. For ex, Kenra moisturizing conditioner (but I didn't like their poos like that), KBB (loved the deep conditioner and leave in, but it's kinda pricey and a pain to get), Giovanni products (loved the leave in and the conditioners are pretty good, but not their poos). I'd usually have to kinda mix and match and try different things, but this is a pretty solid line.

lamaria211

Im gonna order my last big stash edition and pray that my dh dont find it :) I just need a sale cause CJ aint cheap!

Embyra

I have used the smoothing lotion I regret buying its sooo light does nothing for my thick hair and the slip is ok nothing to rave about prob the only one that didn't like it lol

The aloefix I really liked but the tub is so tiny I have NO idea how anyone gets more than 2 uses out of it on mid back-waist length hair

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lamaria211

Embyra said:
I have used the smoothing lotion I regret buying its sooo light does nothing for my thick hair and the slip is ok nothing to rave about prob the only one that didn't like it lol

The aloefix I really liked but the tub is so tiny I have NO idea how anyone gets more than 2 uses out of it on mid back-waist length hair

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Im going for the thickest products watery, runny does nothing for me either

empressri

Im going for the thickest products watery, runny does nothing for me either

then you want the honey butta leave in. SO's fav, the fckr stole my jar! He was in the hospital a week ago, and they kept him for three days. Gonna call me talking about bring him something for his hair, so I brought him a jar from my stash.

I still haven't seen hide nor hair of said jar.

Ogoma

lamaria211 said:
Does any one sell CJ products in store or is it online only?

Check the website for stores in your area. It is more expensive on the ground. Aveyou always has discounts and it is a $1 and $5 shipping charge over and under $50, respectively.

lamaria211

Ogoma said:
Check the website for stores in your area. It is more expensive on the ground. Aveyou always has discounts and it is a $1 and $5 shipping charge over and under $50, respectively.

Have u tried both CJ and Silk Dreams?

Seamonster

Hi Maria,

Truthfully, if I were a richer woman and could afford luxury hair products for daily use, this would be my go to line. I love Curl Junkie. I have yet to find a line that works as seamlessly. I use silk dreams because it is cheaper, and my hair prospers with it.

My favorite cleanser is daily fix, but I use SD whip my hair, and go moist, because it is almost as good at one third the price.

My favorite leave in honey butta, it is works like a charm for providing hold and defining my twist. But I use a combination of SD aaliyah butter over silky satin because of the cost most of the time. I still intend to buy honey butta.

Curl rehab would be holy grail if I could afford it. It is the best moisturizing DC, it is the best detangle r, and it is the best leave in for my hair. I use SD silky satin, vanilla silk or destination hydration, and they work very well for the price point. SD wheat was my favorite, but my beach air spoiled it, so I had to let go.

Deep fix is ok, I prefer SD's chocolate, wheat germ, vanilla silk, or shea what to deep fix as a all in one light protein conditioner.

I love curls in a bottle too, it pops my curls. I use my homade flax seed gel, again because of cost.

Embyra I hate that smoothing lotion too. It was ok, but at the price, I expected miracles. I prefer SD, Claudies, QB, or my home mades to this stuff. 4 b/c look away, because the nappy ain't happy. Oh last point, smoothing lotion was my favorite CJ leave in in a bottle. In my opinion, CJ does not make a good leave in lotion for 4 b/c hair. They weren't moisturizing enough, they didn't have enough slip, and they cost too much for me to have to doctor them up. The argon one just sat on my hair, and seemed more like glue than moisturizer. Smoothing lotion was alright, but not at the price. Before I tried other products I thought these were great, but I have since tried so much better at lower prices.

Lastly, I hated repair me too. It made my hair hard, but still wasn't enough protein. So I would have to use back to back protein treatments, and follow with a moisture DC. It was too much work trying to get enough protein to stop my fine hair from breaking with this one, and avoiding having crunchy hard hair. SD does not make a hard protein, so I can't compare it to that. Protein seems to be the most important part of my reggie and most companies make one I can use.

Curl junkie is my favorite line. They have everything. It is hard picking out what works for your hair out of all of their products, but it is very rewarding. I started my healthy hair journey with this line, and when the economy improves I will probably go back to it. It is reliable, a little goes a long way so my products last a long time, and I like the fruit smells. Good luck.

ETA: 4 a and 3 c and relaxed heads hate honey butta, they say it is too heavy and takes too long to dry, just in case some one wants to use my reveiw to purchase. I really think this product is for those of us that identify with b and above.

Last edited:

empressri

I know plenty of 3cs and 4's that love the honey butta. I've gotten rave reviews on my YT videos about that.

Dposh167

@lamaria211
i have CJ curl rehab in the banana scent( i think its banana).
Its been used once and i haven't used it since. If you...or anyone else wants it i can surely sell it for way less

Correction
It is the deep fix that I own

Last edited: