~♥☺♥~Curl Junkie products~♥☺♥~

fiyahwerks

1)Have you tried a Curl Junkie product? - Yes

2)Which one was it?
*Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix
*Hibiscus & Banana Butta

3)What type of product is it? (cleansing/conditioning/styling/moisturizing)
*Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix - Deep Conditioner
*Hibiscus & Banana Butta - Leave-In Conditioner/Styler

4)Did you like it? why/why not?
I just purchased these products maybe 2-3 weeks ago and I'm not quite sure yet. The Hibiscus & Banana smells like Original Double Bubble Bubble Gum. I don't have a hooded dryer, so I usually DC overnight. The Deep Fix makes my hair soft and bouncy. The butter I usually use after a CoWash, then I put 2 french braids in so I can wear my wig. The butter is nice laying down edges and such, but my hair is super dry by the 2nd or 3rd day. I may need to add a carrier oil to it so it won't be so dry. So far, I would repurchase the Deep Fix, but the butter is on the fence. Maybe I need to use a cream instead of a butta when I braid my hair for my wig...

Curlykale

I have tried the Curl Rehab in coconut gardenia and it smells like Monoi de Tahiti, very intense, tropical and lovely. As a leave in it is extremely light yet very concentrated in moisture, I think it is different from other products I have tried because the moisture is exceptional. I have very thick hair and usually need a lot of product, so I was suspicious about the little jar but you really don't need as much as you feel like 100% of it penetrates. I find it is too good to be rinsed out, that's why I liked it as a leave in (and it is humectant free, this is why I bought it!). I use other things at the moment because I don't have easy access to Curl Junkie products (Europe) but that was a pleasant experience. And I will MOST DEFINITELY buy from Curl Junkie again in the future (and I am not a product junkie anymore, I'm very cheap, I consider this brand special).

I also noticed that you must have clean, freshly shampooed hair if you want to use it as a deep conditioner. I used it as a DC and then I didn't rinse it, applied a styler and air dried. Yes, a few days with it as a leave in are like a super injection of moisture, it really helped me in difficult moments.

Last edited:

Philippians413

1)Have you tried a Curl Junkie product? A few...

2)Which one was it?

Conditioner (Argan and Olive Oil), Cleansing Conditioner (Daily Fix), Deep Conditioner (Curl Rehab + Banana Deep fix *not pictured*), Leave-In Conditioner (Smoothing Lotion), Gel (Curl Queen & Curls in a Bottle)

Daily Fix and Smoothing Lotion are my staples! The Dialy Fix is the only cleansing condish that I've tried, but I LOVE it. It does a good job of removing product without stripping the hair. The Smoothing Lotion smells so good :lick: and leaves my hair very moisturized. It also plays well with everything I've paired it with-even Eco Styler.

The Argan and Olive Oil Condish is good too, but I've been wanting to try the Daily Smoothing Conditioner. It's another staple, but might be replaced depending on how my hair does with the Smoothing Condish.

I need to re-visit the Curl Rehab because I can't remember how it worked for me. I don't remember my hair being well moisturized though (and perhaps that's why I never repurchased it). The Banana Deep Fix was awesome though. My hair was super moisturized and the smell is yummy!

I won't be repurchasing Curl Queen and Curls in a Bottle Again. Curl Queen would be perfect for wash and go's, but I don't do those so I don't need it. Curls in a Bottle works best on my hair as a finisher rather than a gel. It lightens the crunch of Eco Styler and keeps frizzies at bay, but not a necessity.

Embyra

1)Have you tried a Curl Junkie product?
Yes

2)Which one was it?
Aloe fix and smoothing lotion

Gel and leave in

The aloe fix is nice smells AMAZING i dont think its all that thick to be honest i expected thicker has a sorbet texture
I would buy again as a treat but very rarely i get 2-3 uses out of this tops its not cost effective for me at all to buy on a regular basis as my only styler

Smoothing lotion i bought as i heard all the RAVE reviews about the slip um yeah when i think slip i think tresemme naturals con or something this had minimal slip to me and im going back to keracare naturals leave in waste of £15:nono::nono:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Curl Junkie products are very pricey to me, which ones are you looking at? lol They are great quality products though.

1)Have you tried a Curl Junkie product? Yes

2)Which one was it? I have Curls in a Bottle, Smoothing Lotion, Curl Rehab deep con.

3)What type of product is it? (cleansing/conditioning/styling/moisturizing) moisturizing, styling

4)Did you like it? why/why not? Love the Smoothing Lotion and Curls in a Bottle. The smoothing lotion has amazing slip and the Curls in a Bottle gave me the shiniest curls I've ever had. The Curl Rehab was nice but wouldn't be a staple. It's just like any other natural dc to me and the jar is tiny for the price so I wouldn't be able to keep up with buying it. I could just get a dc base, sent it myself and get the same results.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
1)Have you tried a Curl Junkie product?
Yes

2)Which one was it?
Aloe fix and smoothing lotion

Gel and leave in

The aloe fix is nice smells AMAZING i dont think its all that thick to be honest i expected thicker has a sorbet texture
I would buy again as a treat but very rarely i get 2-3 uses out of this tops its not cost effective for me at all to buy on a regular basis as my only styler

Smoothing lotion i bought as i heard all the RAVE reviews about the slip um yeah when i think slip i think tresemme naturals con or something this had minimal slip to me and im going back to keracare naturals leave in waste of £15:nono::nono:
Embrya Does Tresseme naturals have even better slip? I'm dying to try this product but I have so much stuff to use up.:nono:

Embyra

Pokahontas 100% YES i know the ingredients are slightly different to the ones in the states.

I hear people in the states and the uk raving about the slip from 1a-4b thats why i first bought it as i couldnt believe people from both ends of hairtypes rave about the slip.

I mostly get the moisture one rather than smooth but they are both just as good:yep:

Tresemme naturals is so cheap anyway if you dont like it it wont have cost you much

The cj smoothing lotion gets the sideeye from me AND my hair until its finished:lol:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
@Pokahontas 100% YES i know the ingredients are slightly different to the ones in the states.

I hear people in the states and the uk raving about the slip from 1a-4b thats why i first bought it as i couldnt believe people from both ends of hairtypes rave about the slip.

I mostly get the moisture one rather than smooth but they are both just as good:yep:

Tresemme naturals is so cheap anyway if you dont like it it wont have cost you much

The cj smoothing lotion gets the sideeye from me AND my hair until its finished:lol:

Thanks. I'm definitely gonna try it soon and you're right it is cheap. If I can get something cheaper and just as good as the smoothing lotion i'm all for it. When I saw Mahoganycurls finger coming it through her curls so effortlessly I drooled:lick: lol.

Embyra

Thanks. I'm definitely gonna try it soon and you're right it is cheap. If I can get something cheaper and just as good as the smoothing lotion i'm all for it. When I saw Mahoganycurls finger coming it through her curls so effortlessly I drooled:lick: lol.

loool mmmhmm the moisture one is juicy :lick::lol: its the only thing i use for cowash detangling etc i add some essential oils in it purely to jazz up the scent as i have used it so long now the scent bores me:lol:

greenandchic

loool mmmhmm the moisture one is juicy :lick::lol: its the only thing i use for cowash detangling etc i add some essential oils in it purely to jazz up the scent as i have used it so long now the scent bores me:lol:

:lol: I add EO or FO to mine too - the scent does get old after a while!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Embyra said:

Yea the scent is very boring but luckily I just got some scented perfume oils so I can doctor it up.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I had to bump this up because i think im in love with the curl assurrance hair lotion and the curl rehab deep conditioner. Wow!!! I wish i woukd have tried this stuff sooner!

Sent from the corner pay phone

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I have the the Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix and the Curl Rehab in the Gardenia Coconut scent. Both are deep conditioners, but the Deep Fix works way better for me. The Curl Rehab is supposed to be more moisturizing, but it is just blah for me.

I wish they may the Deep Fix in a bigger bottle. It would be one of my staples.