~♥☺♥~Curl Junkie products~♥☺♥~

SheenaVee

I first heard about Curl Junkie from EllePixie on her YT channel. She seems to like a lot of their products and their products generally get good reviews so I've been thinking about trying a few things from them. Plus, they're not too expensive like some other product lines. I just wanna see what products, in general, are most liked so I can decide what to buy. So...

1)Have you tried a Curl Junkie product?
2)Which one was it?
3)What type of product is it? (cleansing/conditioning/styling/moisturizing)
4)Did you like it? why/why not?

kaytorry

I have tried the Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair treatment, It is a deep condtioner. I was very pleased with it, but I just wish it came in a bigger container.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I tried the Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, which is a deep conditioner.

I really liked it. It smelled great and left my hair soft. I was tempted to buy more from their line, especially Curl Rehab (or something like that) in Strawberry Ice Cream. :lick: Buuut, I got caught up in buying a bajillion other things, so I never bought anything else. :drunk:

13StepsAhead

1) Have you tried a Curl Junkie product? Yes

2) Which one was it? Smoothing lotion, Curls in a bottle, honey butta, smoothing conditioner, daily fix, Curl rehab (I have tried all of these, but I have more that I have not tried yet)

Smoothing lotion-Leave in conditioner
Curls in a bottle-Styler
Honey butta’- moisturizer/styler
Smoothing conditioner- Daily conditioner (rinse out)
Daily fix- Cleansing conditioner
Curl rehab- DC
Smoothing lotion-Love it :lovedrool: this right here is my baby daddy leave-in; great slip, love the smell, my hair feels moisturized and a little goes a long way.

Curls in a bottle- I really like this; doesn’t provide hold of any sort to me, but it great de-frizzer and provides shine to my hair.

Honey butta'- moisturizer/styler- Love it :lovedrool: this right here is the bomb.com for moisture and I absolutely love the smell and once a gain a little goes a long way.

Smoothing conditioner- Jury still out, but so far so good

Daily fix- :lovedrool: I love this stuff so much I have the 32oz. this is the best cleansing conditioner IMO, my scalp feels clean and my hair feels so moisturized. Well worth the money and it will last you.

Curl rehab- Unfortunately I didn’t like this so much when I first used it, but that may be because my hair was not freshly shampooed. I may need to try it again because I didn’t think it did any thing for my hair.

AHeadOfCoils

YESSSSSS!!!

2)Which one was it?

Smoothing Lotion & Curls in a Bottle

The Smoothing Lotion is a leave-in conditioner that is SUPER moisturizing. It does contain glycerin, btw.
The Curls in a Bottle is a finisher serum product that I use to add shine, clumpage(sp), hold and control frizz for my wash and go's.

I LOVE both products like no other and I have two extra's of the CIAB and one extra Smoothing Lotion. They will forever be a part of my favorite products. :yep:

I guess I could say one thing about them.. They are expensive, but totally worth it imo. CIAB is $18 and the Smoothing Lotion is $22 at AveYou.

SheenaVee

Oh wow, I'm getting excited at these reviews! Lol. Thanks for the responses!

Bumping for more!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I just came in here to answer a question and now ya'll got me wanting to buy up some Curl Junkie stuff! :lol: #PJinTheHouse

suns4i6e

I love CJ conditioners! Over the years I think I've tried all of Marsha's products but neither her stylers, nor deep conditioners work for me. They either contain polyquats, copolymers, shea butter or carbomer...all of which are no-no's for my hair. But her conditioners are the among the very best out there.

YES

2)Which one was it?
My favorites are:
Daily Fix Cleansing Hair Condish - Cleansing
Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil Condish - Moisturizing Rinse Out Condish
Beauticurls Strengthening Hair Condish - Protein Rinse Out Condish
Repair Me! Reconstructive Hair Treatment - Heavy Protein Condish
Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion - Leave In Condish

See above

All five of the above listed conditioners are always at arms reach, depending on what my hair needs. Her formulations are fabulous and rich in moisturizing properties. Even her protein conditioners are moisturizing enough on their own without follow up moisture (for my head).

hannan

1)Have you tried a Curl Junkie product? :yep:

2)Which one was it? Curl Rehab, Deep Fix, Repair Me, Honey Butta, Smoothing Lotion, Curl Queen, Daily Fix, Beauticurls Leave-in, Beauticurls Argan and Olive Conditioner.

3)What type of product is it (cleansing/conditioning/styling/moisturizing)? Did you like it? why/why not?

Curl Rehab - Deep conditioner. The strawberry scent is :love:! I've tried better deep conditioners but it's good. Has nice slip and goes in smooth. I've recently tried it as a leave in and I like it better.

Deep Fix - Deep conditioner. Smells like bubble gum. I tried this a long while ago but I remember it working better for me than the rehab as a dc.

Repair Me - Protein treatment - :love: OH MY! I love this stuff. It's so freakin expensive but it works well and I didn't need a moisturizing dc after. Granted, I love protein but my hair felt SO SUPER SOFT! :drool: Smells coconut-y.

Honey Butta - Leave in/styling. Smells bubble-gummy like the deep fix. Very thick! Works well as a twist out agent. Slip was good. I didn't like it too much because of the glycerin.

Smoothing Lotion - Leave in. Smells like vanilla and sugar. Light lotion-y texture. Slip is ok and went in alright but dried frizzy because of the glycerin. Other ladies absolutely LOVE this stuff so take that with a grain of salt. I think I'm one of the only few that didn't have a hairgasm afterwards. :lol:

Curl Queen - Gel. Smells like some kind of perfume-y/cologne type stuff. Soft hold. Don't use too much. I used this for my twist out with a leave in underneath and it works really well. The texture is somewhat liquidy as well. :up:

Daily Fix - Cleansing conditioner. Smells minty. Only used it once, so I can't really get into it but I liked it. Felt clean without the shampoo feel.

Beauticurls Leave-in - Leave in :lol:. Smells like sweet, kinda like brown sugary goodness. Great slip and is glycerin free. :love: this stuff! Very light, but I liked it.

Beauticurls Argan and Olive conditioner - Conditioner. Smells coconuty like the repair me. Glycerin free and much thicker than the beauticurls leave in. Slip is great, went in very smooth and my hair soaked it all up :love:! A lot of folks use it as a rinse out but it is too expensive :lol:!

I didn't realize how long this would be :lol:! Sorry! As you can see, Marsha's stuff is ridiculously moisturizing.

Last edited:

silenttullip

Me too I tried the hibiscus and banana it made my hair shed
I tried the curl assurance conditioner... Wasn't bad but still kinda gave shedding but I like the slip Give her props for scent and that's about it wasn't worth the money
for me at all!

I love CJ conditioners! Over the years I think I've tried all of Marsha's products but neither her stylers, nor deep conditioners work for me. They either contain polyquats, copolymers, shea butter or carbomer...all of which are no-no's for my hair. But her conditioners are the among the very best out there.

YES

2)Which one was it?
My favorites are:
Daily Fix Cleansing Hair Condish - Cleansing
Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil Condish - Moisturizing Rinse Out Condish
Beauticurls Strengthening Hair Condish - Protein Rinse Out Condish
Repair Me! Reconstructive Hair Treatment - Heavy Protein Condish
Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion - Leave In Condish

See above

All five of the above listed conditioners are always at arms reach, depending on what my hair needs. Her formulations are fabulous and rich in moisturizing properties. Even her protein conditioners are moisturizing enough on their own without follow up moisture (for my head).

Last edited:

chebaby

i am a curl junkie queen. this is my favorite line right now.

my favorite products:
daily fix cleansing conditioner: i shampoo once a week and co wash a few days in between some days i dont want to simply use conditioner but actuallly use a light cleansing aid and that is daily fix. it gets my hair and scalp clean but leaves it nice and soft. this is a staple.

curl rehab: this is a deep conditioner. very moisturizing and softens the hair with no problems. my hair usually hold on to moisture very well so i dont deep condition often but this summer my hair has been so dry from the heat wave and rehab has kept my hair sooooo soft for days at a time. its very thick and buttery. i love it. its a staple.

honey butter leave in: this is a thick leave in that i love love love. very moisturizing. clumps the curls and even though it is thick its not overly heavy. i love this.

hibiscus and banana deep fix: this is a deep conditioner as well. very softening to the hair. i always have this on hand. ive been using curl junkie for about 3 years and i always go back and forth between this and curl rehab about which one i like more. i ant say. they both work amazingly. while i was tranisitioning i liked this one more, now that im natural i find i like the curl rehab more.

smoothing conditioner: this is my favorite conditioner ever next to oyin honey hemp conditioner. amazing slip, amazing moiture, just amazing. the smell is even nice like something tropical. i love it and cant say enough about it.

smoothing lotion: i love this stuff but for ME its a great example of something that softens my hair but doesnt moisturize it. what i mean by that is that this is an awesome detanlger, best detangler in the world for me and in order to detangle it instantly softens the hair. however its supposed to be used as a leave in and i cant do that because it doesnt moisturize my hair. but i knew that when i first purchased it because it doesnt have many ingredients that my hair likes. but it is an awesome detangler.

smoothing gellie: this is being disontinued however you can still find it around and i love this stuff. it reminds me of HV whipped gelly except with slightly more hold.

next on my list to try is the cofee coco curl cream and coffee coco curl cream lite and the beauticurls leave in.

oh i also love the repair me: this is a protein conditioner treament. my hair loves protein. if you are protein sensitive this is probably heavy for you however for me its light to medium. honestly i like it but find that aubrey organics GPB is better.

argan and olive conditioner: great slip, nice moisture for a daily co wash conditioner and i like it as a leave in, but i find that the smoothing conditioner is much better so this isnt a staple but i do like it.

Last edited:

chebaby

products that tried and so far am not wowed by it:

strengthening conditioner: this was better for me as a leave in than a rinse out. i would purchase again but it is not a staple at all. i can do without it.

curl queen gel: im not really a gel person so this was meh to me. i do plan on try it again.

aloe fix gel: this gel is thick thick thick and was good to slick my hair back in a puff but for a wash and go the one time i tried it i had so much frizz. i still have a full jar so will be trying again.

curls in a bottle: this was meh to me. its just a serum, no big deal.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've tried:

Deep Fix
Moisture Rehab

Both good.

Recently purchased and will try:

Olive & Argan
Daily Fix
Repair Me
Honey Butta'
Daily Cleansing Conditioner

CrueltyFree

I've tried 5 things from curl junkie. I only love one
Curl Rehab: This is my favorite conditioner. I love the scent (strawberry ice cream) and it works really well. Lately I've been adding honey to it when I DC and it is amazing. This is one of the only rinse out conditioners I've used that has a lasting effect on my hair. I love it so much I purchase it in 32 oz. I'm almost due for a restock.

aloe fix gel: This gel is thick, but it is also really gummy. Weirdest gel I've ever used. Maybe because I'm used to the Qhemet gel, which I love, which is more moisturizing and watery in texture. It really didn't work on my hair at all. Nothing else to say about it

Repair Me Nothing bad to say about it I just wouldn't purchase it again. It's a protein treatment. I don't need protein treatments so I don't need this conditioner. It was good while it lasted.

Coffee Coco Curl Cream I hated this stuff with a passion. The culprit was the cone in it. Every time I used it my fingers got pruney and dried my hair out something terrible. No matter how I used it. I got it because the website says it's good for twisting on tightly kinky textures and I thought "yay!!" but this was a fail. Not moisturizing, too waxy, smell is not so great, I just hated this stuff to be honest.

Argan and Olive oil beauticurls conditioner: I used it on my hair once and it did nothing for me. I later found I am allergic to argan oil (after breaking out in hives) so I pitched it. :ohwell:

HennaRo

Rehab-worked amazing the first time I tried it, afterwards not so much.

Smoothing Lotion-doesn't provide as much moisture as I like but helps me detangle like no other.

Beauticurls Leave In-blah, notice my hair doesn't like products with nettle(same as rehab)

Deep Fix-LOVE this dc! I have left it in after a dc, rinsed a couple of days later to have to most succulent hair ever. I need a gallon of it!

Repair Me!-another favorite. Worked pretty well and didn't need to do a dc afterwards.

Would love to try others but my hair hates nettle, coconut oil and proteins if they are left in. Which gives me no motivation to try anything with those ingredients now.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
1)Have you tried a Curl Junkie product? Yup
2)Which one was it? Deep Fix Conditioner
3)What type of product is it? (cleansing/conditioning/styling/moisturizing) It's a cleansing conditoner
4)Did you like it? why/why not? I really like to use it when I don't want to shampoo. It gets my hair clean without it feeling dry.

The only other thing I want to try from the line is Curls in a Bottle. I've heard way too many good things about it to not have it in my hands.

Amoreofcurls

1)Have you tried a Curl Junkie product?Yes
2)Which one was it? Daily Fix
3)What type of product is it? cleansing conditioner
4)Did you like it? why/why not? I love it!! It's like a co-wash that cleanses your hair liek a shampoo with w/o the stripped feeling.My hair feels nice and soft. I love it especially before oil rinsing

kellistarr

Daily Fix Cleansing Hair Conditioner-- This is very good. Has lots of yummy ingredients and smells nice. Cleanses gently. This performs really well; i might like it better than WEN, the jury is still out on that one. I would re-buy this.

Coffee-Coco Curl Creme-- This is a thick mixture that doubles as a leave-in and curl creme, providing beautiful, defined curls with a bit of hold but no crunchy set. You don't need much. I really like this. It doesn't smell like coffee. I would re-purchase.

I have two other products that I've yet to try. These are quality products, the jars and bottle of daily fix were filled to the top. There is also a conditioner that I want to try.

empressri

I love all things curl junkie. Curl rehab, curl fix, deep fix, hibiscus and banana, honey butta...(SO loooooves the honey butta he doesn't use anything else I have to keep multiple jars in the stash for him), repair me, shampoo, aloe fix, aloe fix lite, I can really go on.

hannan

I know for fact it's not. If you want stronger get the repair me. The curl fix I can even use as a leave in, I wouldn't try that with the repair me.

Great. I've tried the repair me and loved it but I didn't think it was a strong protein treatment, especially considering how freakin soft my hair was afterward.

curlyhersheygirl

I have the rehab, deep fix, daily fix,repair me and the smoothing lotion.
I'm also relatively new to this line but what I've tried has taken the softness and condition of my hair to the next level. I went to the beach for a week causing my hair to be a hot mess so I used the rehab when I returned home and that truely revived my hair.

Muse

OP thanks for starting this thread! CJ seems to be a hidden gem here. I LOVE this line. I rediscovered it a week ago when I pulled it out of my stash of other stuff and now :love4:.

I have tried:

Curl Assurance Gentle Cleansing Shampoo: WONDERFUL! It cleans very well and leaves my hair soft and not stripped. It feels like it lightly conditions. Because it doesn't rough up my cuticles and dry the heck out of my hair like other poos my hair seems to respond better to conditioners now. I think because the conditioner doesn't have to restore much moisture cause it wasn't all sucked out during the wash. This is good if you use cones which I sometimes do because it effectively removes them. I will use Daily Fix for my cone free days.

Curl Rehab: Love this so much! Softens, moisturizes, and detangles. With the curl assurance poo and this I can air dry with zero product and have soft hair! I'm natural 4b. I also use this as a leave in now. Like someone else said about the deep fix, with rehab after a few days of it as a leave in when I go to rinse my hair is super soft and feels so good!!

I just put in an order for:

Daily Fix
CA Smoothing Lotion
Honey Butta Leave In
More Rehab!

ETA: I just realized OP you're the one I was talking to a while back about Muse. Still rockin :rocker: lol.

Last edited:

Dposh167

anyone with texlaxed or relaxed hair use this? i'm thinking of using one of the creams for my ends