• Bee Mine Serum

Votes: 57 13.5%
  • Gro-Aut Hair Oil

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Claudies Hair Elixir

Votes: 21 5.0%

• Total voters

Bublin

I started using WGO 3 weeks ago concentrating on my hairline as it broke really badly. I can see a difference already....but that could be because i'm taking better care of my hair and using better products.

Question about protein shakes - i'm sure i heard that if you drink them without doing some form of exercise you could put weight on/bulk up.....is this right or have i got it completely wrong?

detroitdiva

I don't know if any ladies in here use Frenchee's but I heard it works very well. My sister has been using it for two weeks with her microbraids. I am planning to use it for when I take down my kinky twist next friday. You cannot wash your hair for 3 days after it is applied. I was able to find a couple of threads about Frenchee's Super Gro, but none with substantial evidence. I will let you ladies know when I start to use it. It smells pretty bad too, like a burnt house.

Here's the links:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ight=frenchees

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=194759&highlight=frenchees

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=14&highlight=frenchees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ConstantlyDynamic

Everyone seems to mix Mega-Tek w/ other products. Why? Is mixing it what grows your hair? :ohwell:

from what i understand, mega tek is very drying so people add oils like JBCO to make it a little more moisturizing. plus that helps stop the shedding along with garlic supplements

AtlantaJJ

For me, a high protein diet and working out almost everyday. My hair is growing faster than I remember in a long time!!

Nasdaq_Diva

I know I'm late but I think I will try MEGA TEK now.
Where's the best place/price to order it??
I purchase from hopesbraids.com it's cheaper than anywhere else, (even the links to stores that are in mega-tek challenges on this site) and they ship ridiculously fast! If I order on Monday, by Wed it's usually at my door..everysingle time!

kandegirl

My sis used to put Frenchees on my nieces hair and mix it with Let Jam to cut the smell. It smells like straight tar! But it works. They had thick, full and long hair as little girls.

I don't know if any ladies in here use Frenchee's but I heard it works very well. My sister has been using it for two weeks with her microbraids. I am planning to use it for when I take down my kinky twist next friday. You cannot wash your hair for 3 days after it is applied. I was able to find a couple of threads about Frenchee's Super Gro, but none with substantial evidence. I will let you ladies know when I start to use it. It smells pretty bad too, like a burnt house.

Here's the links:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ight=frenchees

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=194759&highlight=frenchees

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=14&highlight=frenchees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hair4romheaven

Why have I been thinking about frenchees???? Now here I see it in this thread. I am going old school on my scalp aids. Sulfur 8, frenchees and maybe glovers. Not sure yet. It did wonders back in the day!

I AM...

I used Mega-Tek for 5 of 8 weeks I had my hair in a sew it. It worked very well and I got healthy growth. This install I get in one week I am going to use it again. I must say the I have been workingout, taking vitamins and drinking lots of water. I changed my diet as well and started colonics.I believe you have to work from the inside out for optimum results. I will megatek again this time around.

ms.blue

I just using megatek while wearing a sew-in. I'm concentrating on my right temple because its less dense than the left one also a bald spot on my right side by the right ear(the person who put my weave back in 08 did this without even telling me. Luckily my edges cover the spot well). Its been a week and my braids appear to be looser but its still to early to tell if it has been working or not.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

SimplyLeesh

where do you buy megatek from? I put it in Google search and it seems that it is used for horses? I probably looked up the wrong product.

gadgetdiva

I used MegaTek which I bought from the local feed store down the road. It's the only one that I've tried from that list and it seems to work well for me when I use it consistently.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am on a mission I have an applicator bottle and in it I have mega tek, ovation, castor oil, wild growth oil, and pepermint. I have my hair braided in 7 cornrows and I am doing LadyP Deep Moisture Method and wiggin it. Next time I will get my hair braided in a beehive just to alternate. I grease my scalp with my mixture 1-2 times per day.

DID I SAY I AM ON A MISSION?

Jewell

I am on a mission I have an applicator bottle and in it I have mega tek, ovation, castor oil, wild growth oil, and pepermint. I have my hair braided in 7 cornrows and I am doing LadyP Deep Moisture Method and wiggin it. Next time I will get my hair braided in a beehive just to alternate. I grease my scalp with my mixture 1-2 times per day.

DID I SAY I AM ON A MISSION?

LOL this is pretty much my reg. as well. My homemade MTG has a lil bit of Ayurvedic oil, peppermint EO, hot 6 oil, sulfur powder, and whatever other oils I have lying around to throw in when the bottle gets low. I use an old WGHO bottle for this, applying every other night. My hair is growing in thicker than it's EVER been. I keep mine in 4-10 braids, and them badboys stay in for about 4-8 wks at a time! No loc'ing, no dreading/matting of my hair since I take care to moisturize, wash in the braids, and remove all shed hair before rebraiding or washing.

I credit low manipulation, MTG mix, lots of water, (severely limiting caffeine since it has a bad effect on me and I don't think it's all that healthy for my body in particular), good vits, no stylists/salons, no heat, and a good protein/carb/fat diet. This is very surprising to me...I've always had a good head of medium-thick hair, but NEVER this thick...especially considering the fact I'm anemic, and that def. can have an effect on hair growth. I'm on a mission for HL hair by next year this time. Oh, and as soon as I can stomach spending more $ on hair, I'mma get some Megatek, lol. :look:

ETA: I alternate my MTG mix with applications of pure S8 (yellow jar), and castor oil. Since the MTG mix is thin, I apply S8 on top so it doesn't run everywhere...and since I wear wigs and keep it braided, applying especially to the edges (S8) helps a lot.

Last edited:

alopeciagrl

I've come to realize internal aids work best for me vitamins, tea with horsetail, burdock root and peppermint. My hair is thin so applying oils to scalp only destroys my hairstyle after a couple days resulting in having to style again. But anyway if my hair was real long like yours I woould apply oils on an as need basis.

Tyra

Mega Tek definitely works. I used it when I was relaxed.
It was a beast.
I had to stop using it, because then I had no plans to be natural, and I was having to perm too often.

I also used Lenzi's Request about a year ago, and it gave good results as well.

I've been using MTG for a little under a month and it's the TRUTH!!!
Can't wait till about two weeks from now. That's when I can give a definite verdict on it.
I smell like a BLT, but so what?:look: