Votes: 57 13.5%
  • Gro-Aut Hair Oil

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Claudies Hair Elixir

Votes: 21 5.0%

• Total voters

BonnieB

Hello ladies,
I am very anxious to grow my hair down to my waist. As some of you may know I am a new member here and have been since March. Also,I am not only growing my hair for my own benefit but to donate 18 inches of my hair to the Locks of Love organization for Cancer, Lupus, and other patients to make wigs. (My little cousin who went through Chemo is my inspiration).

Furthermore, I started this threat because I would like to know which growth aid is the best in promoting growth, thickness, and overall good hair health.

Which product gives the fastest and best results? :grin:
1) MegaTek Rebuilder
2) Boundless Tresses
3)Bee Mine Serum
4)Gro-Aut Oil
5) Claudies Hair Elixir

Which one is the best ladies?
I would like to know so i could make the right purchase. Thank you all in advance!!!

Last edited:

Brownie518

Well, for me personally, the Megatek has most definitely thickened my hair. It has given me nice growth, as well. I have actually been using a mix that includes the Megatek, Hydratherma Naturals Growth oil, Den1's Ayurvedic Growth Elixir, and some essentials. This mix has really amped up the growth and thickness for me. When I ran out of Den's oil last week, I used some BeeMine. I think it will be just as good. If you browse the OCT/Megatek thread, you will see that many ladies use it in a mix to combat dryness and shedding. I believe Sareca also mentioned a big increase in thickness from the Megatek, also. hth

pureebony

Despite the funk, MTG, I got fast growth with that my hair grew an inch in 4 weeks!!!! I put it in like everyday to every other day.

But now I have mixed, Mega-Tek, MTG, castor oil, amla oil, rosemary oil, delouise growth elixir and rose water. Place in an applicator bottle then viola, I have started doing this every other day for two weeks, so far so good, my tight braids are already loose.

:look: I know OTT, but when I put it on my hair feels like its cooking!! every time my hair gets like that.... I know a :locks: growth spurt is coming on. This combined with Vitamins and a soon to be new regime...

I also was a bit nervous confessing this I didn't want a :spank: by some members for making a concoction such as this.... but hey its working!!! lol

HTH

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
1) Bee Mine. Strawberry kiwi scent smells soooooo good!

2) Lenzi's Request (whatchu newbies know bout that Lenzi's Request? :lol: )

BonnieB

I've heard about Lenzi's Request (i mean i have been stalking this forum since 2003)lol. Which formula did you like better the jar or the new liquid version?

THANX ladies for your responses. Keep them comming!!!

Irresistible

Here comes Iris raining on the growth aid parade

I think you should research and find out all you can about all of them then make a decision based on all that you KNOW, not just what others say made 'their' hair grow

and I would suggest after all your reading , you weigh on the scale which one has the least risk for downsides and go with that one

BonnieB

Here comes Iris raining on the growth aid parade

I think you should research and find out all you can about all of them then make a decision based on all that you KNOW, not just what others say made 'their' hair grow

and I would suggest after all your reading , you weigh on the scale which one has the least risk for downsides and go with that one
:lachen:You are so right and thank you for your response. I love your hair btw and you are such an inspiration.

JustKiya

Mega-Tek, hands down. Not only for its results, but for its ease of use, and for its great smell, and for it's most reasonable price.

Totally OT - Locks of Love does NOT give wigs to people who are suffering from cancer (in order to qualify for a wig from them, you have to have permanent hair loss, not temporary hair loss like the hair loss caused by chemo), and they sell the majority of their wigs, not give them away. :look:

Just like Iris suggested researching growth aids, I suggest that you research hair donation agencies - many of them are thinly veiled hair vendors, collecting hair from people, and then turning around and selling the hair to wigmakers, etc. :nono:

I've heard nothing but good about the Pantene hair donation agency, on the other hand.

Last edited:

MzOptimistic

Boundless Tresses did it for me:yep: IT got me from APL to BS. I'm experimenting with MT now but I still have my BT as a back up:rolleyes:

Sepia_Rose

MTG worked very well for me. I used it for well over a year and got steady growth and it stopped a lot of my breakage too. But if you go the MTG route beware the stink. :perplexed

BonnieB

I've heard nothing but good about the Pantene hair donation agency, on the other hand.
Thank you for that info. I would be sure to check that out.
Btw. my little cousin's hair grew back but seeing her and the other children who lost their hair, especially the depressed little girls, are the reaseons why I want to donate my hair to make wigs.:look:

Some of them can never grow their hair and i would like to help by donating mine because obviously it would just grow back. Not only that but i know a few people who have permanent hair loss due to lupus and other health related reasons and they're also why i would like to donate my hair.

Come on ladies which product worked best for you?

Last edited:

Irresistible

Thank you for that info. I would be sure to check that out.
Btw. my little cousin's hair grew back but seeing her and the other children who lost their hair, especially the depressed little girls, are the reaseons why I want to donate my hair to make wigs.:look:

Some of them can never grow their hair and i would like to help by donating mine because obviously it would just grow back. Not only that but i know a few people who have permanent hair loss due to lupus and other health related reasons and they're also why i would like to donate my hair.

Come on ladies which product worked best for you?
Do you take Vitamins mama?

gymfreak336

Mega-Tek, hands down. Not only for its results, but for its ease of use, and for its great smell, and for it's most reasonable price.
Totally OT - Locks of Love does NOT give wigs to people who are suffering from cancer (in order to qualify for a wig from them, you have to have permanent hair loss, not temporary hair loss like the hair loss caused by chemo), and they sell the majority of their wigs, not give them away. :look:

Just like Iris suggested researching growth aids, I suggest that you research hair donation agencies - many of them are thinly veiled hair vendors, collecting hair from people, and then turning around and selling the hair to wigmakers, etc. :nono:

:yep::yep::yep::yep:

Irresistible

Yeah but with school, work and hitting the gym, i forget to take them everyday.:look:

That would be a really good start and foundation to get steady healthy hair growth :yep:

unless your diet is so perfect that you wouldnt benefit at all from them, but you already know in most cases thats unlikely

Aggie

Mega Tek by far is my all time favorite now. I tried BT, MTG, MN, and Surge and while they all worked, none of them worked as well as my MT. So now I mix some MN in my MT because they expire and I am not gonna allow my money to go down the drain like that:nono:. I love Mega Tek, the texture and how it goes on my scalp, soft and smooth and needless to say the smell is quite heavenly:lick:. I know how well it is working for me but as someone esle said, I can't say the same for the horses:lachen:.

Anna9764

Mega Tek by far is my all time favorite now. I tried BT, MTG, MN, and Surge and while they all worked, none of them worked as well as my MT. So now I mix some MN in my MT because they expire and I am not gonna allow my money to go down the drain like that:nono:. I love Mega Tek, the texture and how it goes on my scalp, soft and smooth and needless to say the smell is quite heavenly:lick:. I know how well it is working for me but as someone esle said, I can't say the same for the horses:lachen:.
Hey Aggie, where can i purchase Mega-tek? Thanx in advance
Anna

lovepeacesoul

after much research i actually was able to get my hands on a batch of Lenzi's and I must say that I am impressed. In synthetic braids I have achieved a healthy, thick inch of new growth in about 5 weeks... not that im measuring or anything :look:

Cowgirl

It works pretty dang good for the horses, I can attest to that one at least. :grin:

mikosbelle

I love Komaza's hair nourishment oil, which can be purchased at www.komazacare.com.

My mom is using it as well. She had cancer, radiation, and chemo. The oil is helping he hair grow in nicely. We really love the oil because it is more than just olive oil or a carrier oil and MSM. It is packed full of other herbs and oils that provide nutrients to the scalp and encourage growth.

:)

monieluv

many people don't know about Lenzi's request. this stuff works and have an incredible tingling sensation. i mixed it with mn and applied at night. puts me to sleep everytime. this i will go back loved the growth and thickness i got from it.