Spinoff: Type 2/3's inspiration pics threads

Miss*Tress

:nono: :nono: :nono:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Most of the white people in this thread do not have nice hair *to me*. Robert Plant and John Mayer are about the only ones I find the least bit "inspirational".

Thank you, thank you and THANK YOU!! :grin:

I'd love to see more inspirational pics that we as women of color can achieve :yep:

Sorry if I offended anyone...but the thread for the 4a/b's is so awesome and full of beautiful black women...

jamaraa

Marcus Samuelsson Ethiopian raised in Sweden and chef extraordinare (cutie too ;) )

I know he's bald here, but I just love this pic! :grin:

jamaraa

I'd love to see more inspirational pics that we as women of color can achieve :yep:

Sorry if I offended anyone...but the thread for the 4a/b's is so awesome and full of beautiful black women...

Post them folks...:lachen: That's the simple solution. Post what YOU wanna see rather than complaining. LOL...most 4s are Black almost by definition, so that is really quite simple, right?

Hair is hair...if the type is similar to yours, than why shouldn't it inspire you? As for gender....hair on a man is somehow less inspirational to you guys than on a woman? Why? It never occurred to me that gender is an issue. LOL...I'm not that insecure!

You guys crack me up. On Big Bodacious Hair, folks complained cuz I posted Black MEN w/ braids and dreads....now y'all are complaining that I post men and non Blacks who are 2-3 on a thread asking for 2-3s....y'all are a TRIP!

Maybe I don't need inspo because I'm happy w/ what I got and I KNOW what "women of color" can achive w/ their hair. I look at my own quite often. :grin: I am my own inspo.

Here I thought Chris Rock went too far....I was wrong. He didn't go far enough!

Last edited:

jamaraa

Well Andre only made two for 3's as well (3a, 3b)....the 3c got made up by hair board members. This possibly made it even more confusing, lol. It's confusing to me either way:spinning:.

So technically he skipped from 3b all the way to 4a which is a huge jump.

Given the jacked way his system is, why do people take this to heart?

princessnad

:lachen:giving up makes perfect sense. In Andre's system 2-3 is a HUGE range just like the posts imply. The 1st 3 of the Andre types have 3 subsections each (a,b,c) only type 4 has two subsections (a and b) so there's tons of hair that's covered...from almost straight to almost kinky.

I've always thought it was odd that type 4 only has 2 subsections...it's as if he's saying it's kinky and kinkier w/o much distinction. :nono::look::perplexed:sad::rolleyes:
You are right

Given the jacked way his system is, why do people take this to heart?
I don't think it's a matter of taking it to heart but more trying to see improvements. Though his system isn't perfect, I think it is CURRENTLY the most useful one out there. Nothing wrong with trying to make it better.

jupitermoon

Most of the white people in this thread do not have nice hair *to me*. Robert Plant and John Mayer are about the only ones I find the least bit "inspirational".

I agree with both of you. No offense to anyone in here. I really appreciate this thread, but I think people of color, particularly Black and those mixed with Black , have the most beautiful hair. People of color from India and Polynesia come in a close second. I may be biased though, lol. :grin:

More pics:

They may not be Black or mixed race, but their hair is highly textured like hair of African/mixed descent:

jupitermoon

Post them folks...:lachen: That's the simple solution. Post what YOU wanna see rather than complaining. LOL...most 4s are Black almost by definition, so that is really quite simple, right?

Hair is hair...if the type is similar to yours, than why shouldn't it inspire you? As for gender....hair on a man is somehow less inspirational to you guys than on a woman? Why? It never occurred to me that gender is an issue. LOL...I'm not that insecure!

You guys crack me up. On Big Bodacious Hair, folks complained cuz I posted Black MEN w/ braids and dreads....now y'all are complaining that I post men and non Blacks who are 2-3 on a thread asking for 2-3s....y'all are a TRIP!

Maybe I don't need inspo because I'm happy w/ what I got and I KNOW what "women of color" can achive w/ their hair. I look at my own quite often. :grin: I am my own inspo.

Here I thought Chris Rock went too far....I was wrong. He didn't go far enough!

LOL. Girl, I just added some more color to this thread! :lachen:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I like the pictures here...I mean...will I ever hair hair like Celine Dion's? Or those polynesian women? Or even Kelis?

NOPE. :lachen:

But it's still nice to look. Pretty hair is pretty hair.

And jamaraa, girl I know....John Mayer is :lick:
He looks kind of undead, but it works for him.

Also, does Lisa Bonet have freeform locs now?
I loved her loose natural hair more.

Last edited:

jamaraa

I don't think it's a matter of taking it to heart but more trying to see improvements. Though his system isn't perfect, I think it is CURRENTLY the most useful one out there. Nothing wrong with trying to make it better.

People DO take it to heart and get into fights about it here. I guess I wanna know WHY is it so important to classify things like this? The hair on your head is what you should be worrying about, not the general mass of strangers. Each human is different and no two people's hair will react the same.

Trying to improve this "system" is like trying to improve an Edsel, IMHO! ;)

jupitermoon

So I haven't? Sorry, but I've posted plenty of people of color, including women. So did Marcus Samuelsson suddenly become White? :look:

You have posted people of color , but I was just adding more per request, lol. No offense, Jamaraa. You're doing a good job with the pics. :yep:

werenumber2

Gina Torres

Bernadette Peters

Rachelle Lefevre

Taylor Swift

I really admire Taylor for wearing her beautiful curls proudly. I'm sure that she's felt EXTREME PRESSURE to straighten, yet she hasn't given in.

princessnad

People DO take it to heart and get into fights about it here. I guess I wanna know WHY is it so important to classify things like this? The hair on your head is what you should be worrying about, not the general mass of strangers. Each human is different and no two people's hair will react the same.

Trying to improve this "system" is like trying to improve an Edsel, IMHO! ;)

Ok

Thanks

:look:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I know she's already on here but I love her. I imagine myself with long pocahantas braids just like her. If I dream, it will be so...:)

Last edited:

LadyRaider

Andre's system is flawed if it doesn't include texture. I always thought the letter referred to texture. I gather that it does not. I can't tell what the letter stands for. Without considering texture it's kind of a worthless system, isn't it? Texture is what determines a lot about what products you should use and how you should treat your hair. Curl size doesn't seem as important to me.

I'm a newbie and just thinking about these things, so if I'm on the wrong track, forgive me.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Andre's system is flawed if it doesn't include texture. I always thought the letter referred to texture. I gather that it does not. I can't tell what the letter stands for. Without considering texture it's kind of a worthless system, isn't it? Texture is what determines a lot about what products you should use and how you should treat your hair. Curl size doesn't seem as important to me.

I'm a newbie and just thinking about these things, so if I'm on the wrong track, forgive me.

You got it! Texture to me is more important than if your curl is the size of a pencil or a marker...

princessnad

When you say 'texture', what exactly are you referring to? Some people would say that both the number and letter are referring to texture. The number means 1=straight, 2=wavy, 3=curly, 4=coily/kinky
The letters are the degree. ex.2a are loose waves and 2b are tighter waves.

By texture, do you mean whether the hair is silky or cottony? frizzy or defined?

purplepeace79

The problem with Andre's system is that there is no way all 6.5 billion people on this earth can only fit into one of 8 categories.

Even if you mixed them, by twos, that's what 24 combinations? (my math is off lol)

I admit that I am more partial to seeing Black or Black-mixed men and women and their hair. No offense but there are some people and their hair don't inspire me or strike me as particularly beautiful or interesting. But that's just *me*

I love sistas in all of their beautiful forms, from cafe au lait to chocolate skin, curly qs to nappy updos. That's the beauty I celebrate first and foremost. Someone has to do it.

LadyRaider

Yes that's what I mean. I'm only going by conversations here. Earlier someone said you could be a silky 4a or a more textured 4a. At that point, I said... then what IS the point?

When you say 'texture', what exactly are you referring to? Some people would say that both the number and letter are referring to texture. The number means 1=straight, 2=wavy, 3=curly, 4=coily/kinky
The letters are the degree. ex.2a are loose waves and 2b are tighter waves.

By texture, do you mean whether the hair is silky or cottony? frizzy or defined?

SVT

Hair is hair...if the type is similar to yours, than why shouldn't it inspire you?[/B] ...now y'all are complaining that I post ...non Blacks who are 2-3 on a thread asking for 2-3s....y'all are a TRIP!

This forum is geared toward women of color so it would be nice to see mostly women of color in the photos. We can go to naturallycurly for more diverse inspiration if we choose, IMO.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Yes that's what I mean. I'm only going by conversations here. Earlier someone said you could be a silky 4a or a more textured 4a. At that point, I said... then what IS the point?

You're so right.
Even if two people both have pencil sized curls, if one of them has coarser hair, then the same products might not work for them. That's why when I look for product recommendations, I don't ask for hair type, because it really doesn't matter. I think the typing system is better for aesthetics than actual use.
Like, it's good for finding someone whose hair looks like yours, but when it comes to hair advice and stuff, it's not as important as everyone likes to say.
Like let's say that you have two 4b ladies (call them Trina and Tyra) and you have a 3b lady (call her Lisa). Well, Trina may be better off getting hair advice from Lisa than from Tyra. Even though Trina and Tyra have similar-looking curl patterns, Trina and Lisa's hair could actually have be more similar (texture, density, strand thickness) than Tyra and Trina's.
Which is why I don't understand why people would say that if they were 4-something, they wouldn't take hair advice from a 3-something or even 2-something. Just because the curl pattern is different doesn't automatically mean that the actual characteristics of the hair are so different from yours.
Andre really needs to go over his thingy again.

Last edited:

YankeeCandle

Snoop Dogg

jamaara, you were WRONG for posting that!!!:lachen:My sister and I have long said that Snoop looks like "a rapist with a third grader's school picture-day hair."

I love ALL the pics you've posted, girl! I think it's fascinating to see the same hair type pop up across the world. And if some Tahitian dancer's hair just happens to be achievable by me (um, it's not, BTW:ohwell:), then so much the better for having a chance to learn that.

I have more comments on the rock pics, but I'll keep them to myself to preserve the thread. :grin:

Everyone, how are you finding all these pics, especially the non-famous people? What do you type into Google?