Myhoneychild:type 4 Vs Type 3 Hair Creme

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Has anyone with type 4 hair used both the type 3 and type 4 hair crèmes by MyHoneyChild? I just finished a jar of the type 4 crème and while it keeps my hair moisturized, it's really greasy even though the texture is more of a cream. How does the type 3 crème compare? Is there another product that you feel could dupe for it? Also does the type 3 crème have that menthol thing going on?

There's a ton of reviews of both products but most people buy one or the other so it's hard to get a feel for how they compare.

Thanks in advance.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I had tired both of them many moons ago, and I personally prefer the type four cream for the colder months, and the type three for the warmer months. Type three I tired a long time ago didn't have menthol, but idk what's in her ingredients now.

Hibiscus30

I've used the 4c and I totally loved this cream at the time it was just what my hair needed. Over some time my love changed once I tried the Buttery Soy cream. It's airy like buttercream icing. But not as "greasy" as the type 4.

In fact I haven't purchased anymore of the type 4 cream. I used up what I had (2 large jars)

I never purchased the type 3...but I would suggest the Buttery soy

PJaye

Although I do not have Type 4 hair, I’ve used both hair creams and thought my experiences might be of some assistance.

Type 3
- Wet, slightly thinner consistency
- Ample water content
- Performs best as a leave-in conditioner on freshly washed hair
- Produces dullness and a whitish cast when used on dry or dampened hair
- Offers good smoothing and shine capabilities
- Produced some post-application stiffness that persisted for several days

Type 4
- Slightly thicker, creamy consistency
- Contains no water
- Performs best as a sealant or styler
- Offers excellent shine, softness and smoothness that lasts for several days

IME, any product that does not contain water will have the potential to be greasy. However, some of the less oil-slick inducing products I’ve sampled include Sweet Nature by Eddie Wisdom Cream, Jakeala Amla Shea Parfait, and PBNs Cupuacu and Mango Tea butters. All of the aforementioned products have consistently produced optimal softness, shine, smoothing and moisture retention.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
IME, any product that does not contain water will have the potential to be greasy. However, some of the less oil-slick inducing products I’ve sampled include Sweet Nature by Eddie Wisdom Cream, Jakeala Amla Shea Parfait, and PBNs Cupuacu and Mango Tea butters. All of the aforementioned products have consistently produced optimal softness, shine, smoothing and moisture retention.

@PJaye

Great Review!:up:

I totally agree with Bolded

@Crackers Phinn I Have not tried MHC Type 3 or 4, but do enjoy Buttery Soy.:lick: