Spinoff: Type 2/3's inspiration pics threads

djanae

Got some info on this lady ^^^

The administrator got back to me...
http://naturalhairbeauty.blogspot.co...-ra-smith.html

This weeks featured reader is multi-talented Valaira Sa-Ra Smith. Valaira was born in Bronx, New York City of West Indian decent and currently reside in Atlanta. Georgia. She is a model, actress, entrepreneur, trained dancer, songwriter and a vocalist.

ABOUT GOING NATURAL
“I have been natural for 2 years now. My husband and my soul-mate-sister were my inspiration for going natural. I have always had thick wavy hair. I was getting relaxers every six months, to relax the waves. My husband and soul-mate-sister would tell me that I did not need a relaxer, so I decided to make the transition in 2007. I did not do the Big Chop, but transitioned by doing braid outs, twist outs and pony puffs. I have also become a product junkie trying to figure out which products works best with my hair type. Right now, I am loving Carol’s Daughter’s Hair Milk for moisture and Lisa’s Hair Elixir for a healthy scalp. I also like Miss Jessies products, but they are a little on the pricey side.

Today I am finally at one with my natural hair and am planning a natural hair meet-up in Atlanta with a sister who was also my inspiration on youtube. I utilized sites such as Naturally Beautiful Hair, Urban Curlz, Mane and Chic and many more for styles, inspiration, tips, and Advice. Today I am still utilizing these sites because I love learning something new everyday and am having fun getting to know my hair!"

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Labelfree-
Thanks for your detective work. It's interesting she likes CD products - I know I used to. Her front waves remind me of my hair. I do not have the smaller curls anymore (as it grew out I have more waves than curl).

PearlyCurly

I love this thread:yep:

But it seems that some of the ladies on this forum think that 4's are only aloud here:arguing: I thought the point of this forum is to be OPEN MINDED about hair care & our hair??!!

With this thread i have found at least 20 inspirational pics, and maybe 3 hair twins:grin:. I have so many different curly q's on my head(from 3B-4A) and just looking at 4's is boring to me because most do not have my curl pattern. Yeah sure it is more inspirational to see an AA with long luscious hair but its even more inspiring` to see an AA(or anyone:lachen:) with my exact hair type!! And till this day i have not seen anyone in an hair type 4 thread with my curl pattern:look:
I wouldnt be complaining about this but it seems if any member brings up anything thats not about an hair Type 4 then most declare it "self hate"!

We as AA's have more then just 1 hair type, we as AA's have more then just 1 skin tone, and we as AA's are some times mixed with another nationality! I do not have type 4B hair but i also do not knock an person with 4B hair.

knt1229

I love this thread:yep:

But it seems that some of the ladies on this forum think that 4's are only aloud here:arguing: I thought the point of this forum is to be OPEN MINDED about hair care & our hair??!!

With this thread i have found at least 20 inspirational pics, and maybe 3 hair twins:grin:. I have so many different curly q's on my head(from 3B-4A) and just looking at 4's is boring to me because most do not have my curl pattern. Yeah sure it is more inspirational to see an AA with long luscious hair but its even more inspiring` to see an AA(or anyone:lachen:) with my exact hair type!! And till this day i have not seen anyone in an hair type 4 thread with my curl pattern:look:
I wouldnt be complaining about this but it seems if any member brings up anything thats not about an hair Type 4 then most declare it "self hate"!

We as AA's have more then just 1 hair type, we as AA's have more then just 1 skin tone, and we as AA's are some times mixed with another nationality! I do not have type 4B hair but i also do not knock an person with 4B hair.

Huh...:perplexed. Sometimes I wonder of I am on the same board as everybody else. When did this become about type 4 against every other hair type.

Ok you get bored looking at the type 4 inspiration thread well lo and behold their is a thread for 2-3 hair types. If you don't like a thread you are free to click out of it and not continue reading it. And better still start threads that you do like just like the OP of this thread did.

Your post was totally unneccesary. There are plenty of members on this site who are type 3 and judging from your siggy pic there are many inspirations right on this site for you. So it isn't as though you are lacking in finding women with hair like yours.

My goodness. Why do so many people focus on the negative. If this thread features your hair type (and even if it doesn't) then enjoy the pics, get inspiration, and KIM. No need to try and start drama.