Skala Hair Products.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Jersey,

The Giant is on Leesburg Pike, right across from Target @ Skyline. They have the Fruit Cocktail mask, Shea Butter Con and Poo, G3 Con and Poo, Aloe Vera Con and Poo. They didn't have any Leave-ins. They are 5.99 each. I'm looking for Avacado, but can't find it. Are you going to Route 1 today? You nkow there's an AJ Wright on Route 1 as well. I saw a post in here that AJ Wright may have them. I know there's one up near U Street by the Tivoli Theater as well.

I'm going to check the one near Forestville since I gotta go to the Hill for Bible study tonight.

I am also needing the : avacado line, G3 mask and Shea butter mask or leave-in. If you find them, let me know. I can pay you and we can meet somewhere in the city.

Leesburg Pike??!! Darn it. Oh the Giant near Tivoli I don't think they have cos I went up and down that store didn't see any. The AJ Wright near me does not have any.

Still looking to go to the BL on Route 1.

drappedup

Sooooo, I went to a 3rd Big Lots today, and this was actually going to be my last new one to check out, seeing as the others are all way, way, way too out of my local area for me to bother, but this visit surprisingly ended up being the best for me! Before, all I had found was a large majority of Ceramide G3 Conditioner, 1 Jaborandi, and 1 Fruit Cocktail masque. Today at the 3rd Big Lots.......they had so much of Ceramide G3 and Jaborandi conditioners as well as both the conditioners and masques of Shea Butter and Aloe. And the masques for Fruit Cocktail. Needless to say, I bought some of each, except for the G3 since I already had some of those from the other 2 Big Lots.

But ya, in case anyone in the AZ area is looking for any of the ones listed above, by the time I was through, there was STILL some left of all of the above except for the aloe conditioner there were only 2 left and I bought both. It was the Big Lots off of Grand and 87th. I doubt there's anyone in search of Skala in AZ who hasn't already bought, though, lol. Just wanted to put that out there in case!

Mz.MoMo5235

hey! i'm in az too ^_^

so because of you jerks i went and got me some skala..... now what's so special about this stuff before i start slapping it all on my scalp

Angelicus

Are the masques better than the conditioners? I am asking because I see Shea Butter Masques and Conditioner, but they have the same ingredients and the same consistency (I think).

(I do not have North Phoenix Big Lots on Lock. I only have one Skala product. The stores I go to have 2304240392 bottles of conditioners).

Also, the Jo-jo-kokomo (Jaborandi) conditioner smells funny... Anyone can send me a PM and tell me how much you love it.

Do the different conditioners work differently?

Also, I am thinking about pouring a bottle of protein filler in my Skala conditioner for a protein boost. What do you all think? Thanks in advance.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
hey! i'm in az too ^_^

so because of you jerks i went and got me some skala..... now what's so special about this stuff before i start slapping it all on my scalp

Girl slap it on your head and experience it in all it's glory and then come back and tell us what's so great about this product. I promise you will love it :yep: If not I will be willing to take it off your hands:look:

Last edited:

belle_reveuse28

Yeah, there's a Giant on Leesburg Pike before you get to Route 50 (Arlington Blvd) in the same shopping center as TJ Maxx. Across the way there is a Target. The area is called Skyline. I thought you worked over there? lol...

Leesburg Pike??!! Darn it. Oh the Giant near Tivoli I don't think they have cos I went up and down that store didn't see any. The AJ Wright near me does not have any.

Still looking to go to the BL on Route 1.

msbettyboop

I have a terrible weave now so skala has provided me a reason to take it out after only 3 weeks (What a total waste of money :nono:).

Anyway, so I'm going to do a protein treatment with the keratin masque and then I'm going to DC under a hot towel for 2 hours with...............................wait for it...............................

AVOCADO MASQUE.:lick: :thumbsup::bouncy::band:

I can't wait to try it. I hope it's as great as you ladies have been saying otherwise I'm going to be hunting some people in this thread down :grin:.

Expect review by Friday afternoon.

biancaelyse

I used Avocado poo followed by Jaborandi cond - my hair is very soft and slippery today - very soft and defined curls!!

I am so happy!!

Muse

how often does anybody use the leaveins?

I use them daily on wet hair (I'm a daily cowasher).
I :heart2: skala ceramide leave-in! :love3:

Me toooo! The aloe leave in is just ok but the G3 makes my hair behave!

Are the masques better than the conditioners? I am asking because I see Shea Butter Masques and Conditioner, but they have the same ingredients and the same consistency (I think).

(I do not have North Phoenix Big Lots on Lock. I only have one Skala product. The stores I go to have 2304240392 bottles of conditioners).

Also, the Jo-jo-kokomo (Jaborandi) conditioner smells funny... Anyone can send me a PM and tell me how much you love it.

Do the different conditioners work differently?

Also, I am thinking about pouring a bottle of protein filler in my Skala conditioner for a protein boost. What do you all think? Thanks in advance.

I think the masques are better they seem more concentrated to me. And I thought the same thing about the Jab con's smell. I told Chelz that it smelled like old lady soap and it does to me but it makes my hair super soft like a cloud so I will keep using it.

I have a terrible weave now so skala has provided me a reason to take it out after only 3 weeks (What a total waste of money :nono:).

Anyway, so I'm going to do a protein treatment with the keratin masque and then I'm going to DC under a hot towel for 2 hours with...............................wait for it...............................

AVOCADO MASQUE.:lick: :thumbsup::bouncy::band:

I can't wait to try it. I hope it's as great as you ladies have been saying otherwise I'm going to be hunting some people in this thread down :grin:.

Expect review by Friday afternoon.

Hey how would we know how good the Avo masque is? We can't find it. We are waiting on YOU to tell US :lachen:. Can't wait for your review.:yep: I already read Coffee's and yours just may drive me to order online.

SelfStyled

So...I tried the the SB conditioner and Masqe last night. I found the conditioner to be runny and it left my hair feeling slighty coated. I put the Masque on with a platic cap for a few hours, when I was in the shower washing it out, the first thing that I noticed was that my hair seemed longer- weird. I felt like the conditione really elongated my waves. As I was rinsing I did not notice a lot of slip. When I went to put on my leave in I noticed that my hair was super easy to comb through and it was sooooooooo shiny.

I airdried and went to bed this morning my hair is sooooooo soft and seems straighter than usual for just an airdry.

I did not love the conditioner- but the masque is a keeper.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Hmmm..I didnt find it in my local Big Lots so maybe its meant for me not to try it..Will try one more location this weekend, though..:ohwell::perplexed:sad:

Muse

Yay I found a Brazilian store in MI! I emailed them and asked them if they carried Skala and if not could they order it. I may have hit the jackpot!

Firstborn2

Yay I found a Brazilian store in MI! I emailed them and asked them if they carried Skala and if not could they order it. I may have hit the jackpot!

Ok let me know how that goes, I may need to place an Avocado order for me :yep: purdy plz...:grin:

crvlngrhair

OK ladies, does my skala addiction seem bad?

I've staked out all the BLs in my area, sent my mom on a hunt at her BL (she snagged 5 SB condishes for me :grin:), mapped out all the BLs the entire 7 hour drive from my house to hers, and I've got my dad checking out the stores around him. So far all I've collected are 3 G3, 3 aloe,5 SB, 2 jabba con, 2 G3 leave ins, and the fruit coctail, aloe, G3 masks. I'm wondering if I will ever feel like I have enough skala :lachen:

Muse

Ok let me know how that goes, I may need to place an Avocado order for me :yep: purdy plz...:grin:

Oh FB you know I'm gonna hook you ladies up if this place has the hookup. You ladies have been such a blast I just have to share the wealth! My first question to the owner will be can she order. Next question, can she bulk order.

Poopiedo

I've staked out all the BLs in my area, sent my mom on a hunt at her BL (she snagged 5 SB condishes for me :grin:), mapped out all the BLs the entire 7 hour drive from my house to hers, and I've got my dad checking out the stores around him. So far all I've collected are 3 G3, 3 aloe,5 SB, 2 jabba con, 2 G3 leave ins, and the fruit coctail, aloe, G3 masks. I'm wondering if I will ever feel like I have enough skala :lachen:

Have you been to the one in Southaven? Do they have anything left on the shelves? Because I have hit up the Winchester, Summer, and West Poplar store in Collierville.

Last edited:

Firstborn2

Oh FB you know I'm gonna hook you ladies up if this place has the hookup. You ladies have been such a blast I just have to share the wealth! My first question to the owner will be can she order. Next question, can she bulk order.

Muse stop teasing before I pass out :grin:

Firstborn2

Could I plz see a pic of it :look:. There's another thread for pix:yep:

pear

^^ pear, are you getting good results using Skala on your sets?

Yes I love the ceramides leave-in for my rollersets! I definitely believe that the benefits are moreso in terms of increased strength versus moisture. My rollersets come out fluffy and soft BUT I have really noticed a difference in terms of strength.

I believe that I am experiencing less breakage with the rollers (I use to get a lot of roller-shaped broken hairs when I would take the rollers out). With my last rollerset I tested this out by putting a little more of the leave-in on one particular section of my hair. That section was definitely "less soft" but I didn't comb out any more hair than in the other sections so I believe that putting more product on that section made it stronger than the other sections. I will have to be careful however not to over do it.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Yeah, there's a Giant on Leesburg Pike before you get to Route 50 (Arlington Blvd) in the same shopping center as TJ Maxx. Across the way there is a Target. The area is called Skyline. I thought you worked over there? lol...

Never been there, that's far out for me. I work in DC :grin:. Still need to schedule that trip to you know where :look:

Firstborn2

Yes I love the ceramides leave-in for my rollersets! I definitely believe that the benefits are moreso in terms of increased strength versus moisture. My rollersets come out fluffy and soft BUT I have really noticed a difference in terms of strength.

I believe that I am experiencing less breakage with the rollers (I use to get a lot of roller-shaped broken hairs when I would take the rollers out). With my last rollerset I tested this out by putting a little more of the leave-in on one particular section of my hair. That section was definitely "less soft" but I didn't comb out any more hair than in the other sections so I believe that putting more product on that section made it stronger than the other sections. I will have to be careful however not to over do it.

Thank you for answering my question....

Muse

Muse stop teasing before I pass out :grin:

Well FB I guess I was just teasing because the Brazilian store contacted me and told me that they are not planning on carrying Skala for now. :sad: I was just gonna go up there anyway after work and try to convince them that they could make a lot of money off Skala from this board alone. Then I read Miss Bossy's post this morning and it looks like she can get all of the coveted Skala flavors and in BIG sizes for us! Still it would have been nice to be able to just walk to an actual store to get the exotic Skala. I shouldn't have expected too much from a MIDWESTERN Brazilian store.:ohwell: They did say "for now" so maybe that means in the future they will. I think I will go pay them a visit.