Shorter/weaker sides

Annakei

I have shorter/weaker sides than the rest of my hair and currently wearing a saw in with that portion of my hair out. What can I do to :

1. Protect it

2. Strengthen those parts of my hair

I alternate between rollersetting and wrapping it at night..any other suggestions?

Also, since I have a sew in, how often should I be washing it?

DiamondStar

Hi!

To strengthen it, I suggest you avoid manipulating it too much. If it's weak in a certain area, I suggest Surge and Nexxus Biotin Creame...I don't know if they still sell Biotin Creame because I brought mine for 75% off at a Hair Cuttery a few months ago. I wouldn't put it on your entire head because it's relatively thick and will probably leave a residue, but I would massage a little bit on the scalp where the hair is thinning. It worked for my edges that were ripped out by evil micro braids....and I got my widow's peak back... :D

Lorraine

I would spray Surge Plus 14 on your scalp, stimulate/massage it every night. Also, change up the direction you wrap your hair or even stop wrapping it. I've heard this has worked for some ladies. I hope that helps. ;)

beloved1

My nape area (ear to ear and below) is the weakest, shortest part of my hair. I started applying Sulfur 8 a few times a week to my scalp, giving it extra moisture and applying a Profective product (like breakfree or megagrowth) whenever I saw a broken strand, avoided heat on that area and it is filling in nicely.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Lorraine said:
I would spray Surge Plus 14 on your scalp, stimulate/massage it every night. Also, change up the direction you wrap your hair or even stop wrapping it. I've heard this has worked for some ladies. I hope that helps. ;)

I agree with Lorraine! The wrapping may be what is causing weaker sides and breakage. Along with the rollersets there seems to be continual stress and tension on your edges whch may be causing your problems. Try just covering your hair with a silk scarf and sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase.