"FRONT & SIDES Growout Challenge!!"

Paris Belle

Re: \"FRONT & SIDES Growout Challenge!!\"

I'm definitely in. The front of my hair has been layered for years. I would ask for a trim and they would re-layer it. I've been growing out my bangs for what seems like eternity. Just when it starts growing out, I get split ends and the hair regresses.

The funny thing is that it is growing, but it regresses in some areas. I eventually want it layer-free and at least to my collerbone, even if it's not even with the rest of my hair. That way, it'll look pretty even.

Currently, the bangs are at my upper lip..I actually have layers of bangs (where the bangs were cut thick, then later on thinner---the amount of bangs were made smaller and smaller)and the first two layers are growing out, it's the last layer that is killing me. It is to the top of my upper lip; the other parts are at the bottom of my lip.

The nape of my hair is finally growing out nicely, I do keep that trimmed, but it is growing and not breaking off.
I am also noticing that some of the front of my hair that I thought was breaking off is really 'baby hair' starting to grow out. The sides are still layered and growing in different lengths, but it doesn't seem like they're growing too much.

I plan to really moisturize the ends of the front sides and nape area daily and when applying conditioner, make sure that I apply it to those areas root to tip. I'll see how that works.

I'm just glad that I'm not alone in this problem.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
is it too late to join????

<font color="blue"> NO, OF COURSE NOT!!!</font>

I'm still not clear on what you all are doing in this challenge....are you paying more attention? using different products ? or both?

<font color="blue">BOTH... </font>

and how long is this challenge?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> I DON'T KNOW IF WE PUT A SPECIFIC TIME PERIOD ON IT, BUT I FIGURED WE'D POST OUR UPDATES EVERY 3 MONTHS OR SO... (SINCE THIS IS KIND OF A LOOOONG PROCESS!!!)</font>

A_Christian

I'm in. This means that I will be a part of the protein challenge, the hydrochallenge, and this challenge, looks like I've got a lot of work to do, lol
There is a small area at the front of my hair that I'm trying to grow out. In the summer I noticed a lot of split ends in that area shortly after joining the forum and asked my stylist to just clip those ends off but not to add more hair to it to make it a full bang. I can easily cover it up, it's not that much hair, but I have been working on growing it out since then. It has grown from above my eyebrows to almost at the bottom of my nose since around July. I think this area of hair became damaged and split due to my neglecting to put conditioner on the ends all over my head, instead of just on the very bottom portions of hair (my hair is not growing evenly due to getting layers put in a few years ago, so now it looks like I still have intentional layers.) Now, I usually concentrate nexxus humectress and Kera Care essential oils on the ends of this part of my hair. This seems to have helped this area to accumulate length without the splits.
I also want to grow the edges of my hair all around, so I'm up for the challenge.

hotshot

im in- except ill be doing sides and back. i had breakage or loss right down to the root in two round areas on the back of my head last winter due to stress- (personal/family stuff) anyway those sections are uneven, then i cut the back of my hair so it'd be even when i wore it blownout- bad idea. i want it to grow grow grow!!

Lengthwanted

I'm in. I'll being doing the front and sides challenge along with the bun challenge. No more brushes. I need to reevaluate using a small tooth comb to smoth my edges. This may be harmful as well. I also am going to try to stretch my perm out to 6 mos in order to give the front and sides more thickness.

Karonica

Mine are growing!

Problem is, they are still thin from this summer's shedding disaster. But they have stretched away from the chin some...finally!

Karonica

Lindy, judging from your pics, we very similar hair as far as length and I know you color as well.
Do you remember what my hair looks like? I posted pics way back when but picturetrail ate them.

Lindy

Nope Karonica... I don't remember ever seeing your hair!! But I'd love to!!
Why don't you open a yahoo account? It's free!!!

Karonica

I'll be doing that soon, if I can remember to develop the pics I already have.

Lengthwanted

I need to get some pics on here too. My father just told me he bought a digital camera and needs me to help him with how to use it. Sooooo .. when I see him next week I'll be sure to show him how to take pictures of my hair
.. As soon as I figure out how to use it too
!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

I like my hair being shorter in the front and sides and longer in the back