"FRONT & SIDES Growout Challenge!!"

Lindy

\"FRONT & SIDES Growout Challenge!!\"

My hair is currently a couple of inches from bra-strap length in the back, but much shorter in the front & sides and I would like to grow the front & sides of my hair to shoulder length (or longer) by next summer. I'd like to invite anyone with the same situation to join me in this challenge!!

Who's in???

Karonica

Re: \"FRONT & SIDES Growout Challenge!!\"

Karonica's in.

Hair is half an inch from bra-strap in the back, a little below the chin in the front, with pieces of bangs that stretch to the top of my lip.

Crysdon

I need this so bad. I think my front & sides of jealous of my back.

Tracy

Crys! How I miss seeing that username...
Nice to see you mama...

Now - Lindy! I dind't know you had trouble with your sides...we really are hair twins....

I'm in. My front is at lip length, my sides are 2 inches past collar bone (in some places - in some it's collarbone) and the back is longer than all of it.... [why isn't there an eyerolling emoticon
]

Anywhoo....count me in y'all....

A

AmilLion

Well, I'm in with you guys. Ummm, where do I begin, My bang stretches to my upper lip the back of my hair is an inch above bra strap.

Do you wonder what may attribute to our sides being much shorter than the rest of our hair? Do you think our sides and front is much more fragile? Should we leave relaxer on the front and sides for a minimal amount a time or skip these areas all together? Do you think because this area is the first to see a comb or brush, or we concentrate too much styling in this area?

Tracy

Mine is from repeatedly cutting bangs in different places over the years. I trim the front only half as much as I trim the rest so they can catch up. I slather on extra conditioner more than once - Lisa Akbari style (I do this with my nape too) - to baby those areas a little more since I fear they will be more fragile for all the reasons you suggested Amillion PLUS less trimming.

Babygurl

It wouldnt hurt me to join this challenge. I dont think any of my hair has ever been the same length. Could be the numerous cuts....but this challenge can only be good. It gives me somthing to work towards. IM IN!!!!

Cres81

Count me in as well! I have layers that I am trying to grow longer!

keez1979

I would also like to be counted in, but I would like to know if there is anything SPECIAL that you ladies plan to do to grow out your front and sides. I definitely need suggestions because I have no clue what to do!

bimbabe

I'm in too!

Some people will always have layered hair. Hair growth can vary acording to the region on your head. The front could be a problem because it is exposed,and we do focus on on this spot alot. I remember the days I would use a hard nylon bristle brush to "smooth down" the top of my hair for that sleek ponytail look!
. Needless to say the hair broke off and all I could ask is WHY!!!

PrincessM

Count me in, my hair is sooo uneven in the front & crown that yesterday I had to cut the back an inch so it would be closer in length

kedra70

I'm in!!! I got a layered haircut last year, and my hair has grown really well - but for those of us that have had layers - UGH!!!!!!! The back of my hair is really long, the sides haven't caught up yet. I'm not planning to get my hair cut to even it out anytime soon. I know, I know......

Kedra

joyous

Count me in too. My bangs are at chin length(an accomplishment for me ) and my sides...oh well just count me in.

mizdyfunctional

i wanna be a part of this too!! my hair is about 2-3 in. from bra strap, but only up to my chin in the front. in fact, only the left side is up to my chin. the right side is longer and is the length i want both sides to be, but i'm going to have to cut it so they can be even and have to start alll over again. i have to idea HOW to make it grow as long as the back though. no wrapping maybe?

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in!!! I got a layered haircut last year, and my hair has grown really well - but for those of us that have had layers - UGH!!!!!!! The back of my hair is really long, the sides haven't caught up yet. I'm not planning to get my hair cut to even it out anytime soon. I know, I know......

Kedra

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont feel bad, I have no intentions of cutting my hair to even it out either.....for a long while!

melodee

Linday, I'm in. Mine is layered and shorter on the sides and the top. I don't like having to push my hair in the back forward so I can feel the length.

Babygurl

So ladies, how do u plan to achieve your growth in the front and sides?

northernbelle

I'm in!

I am currently growing out a medium-length layered cut from last summer, with the front and sides being the shortest at the present time. The hair is longest at the crown and back.

I understand that the hair is weakest at the sides of the head. I can't really say for certain.

northernbelle

honeycomb719

I'm in. I won't give the lengths of my front and sides, but they need some XTRA loving, LOL..........

Lindy

OK; my front hair only touches the tip of my nose, so my first goal for that part will be for it to touch my lips.

As for the sides, they are layered so they are different lengths, but I'd say the longest layer is ALMOST touching the bottom of my neck, so I guess my goal there will be to have all the hair on the sides reach the bottom of my neck, then next goal will be to shoulder length.

Wheew; this is gonna be a looong process!!
I guess we should probably only update every 3 months or so, huh? I don't think this is gonna happen overnight...

A

AmilLion

I'm really excited about this challenge because I've always had problems growing my front and edges.....rather, my edges seem to be more of a problem for me. If they would grow and catch up with the back, my overall length would look phenomenal.

This is going to be one tricky, long drawn challenge.

Time to experiment.

Next touch-up, I plan on leaving the relaxer in the front and on the edges for an extremely short period of time, no more than 5 minutes. Brushes? Never heard of them
I'm going to use only a medium size tooth comb in attempt to smooth my edges down. If my hair doesn't like it, ohh well! I'm determined to have my front/edges match the back in length. Funny thing, the hair on the nape of my neck is rather long, thick and full and i'm always playing and twirling this hair.

debyjay

I would love to do this guys, really I would but I simply don't know how. So count me in and I will play the role of copycat. Whatever you guys do I will also. And if by some miracle I come up with something I'll be sure to pass it on. Hope you guys don't mind that I have no suggestions.

Karonica

I honestly don't see me making much progress in this area.

I think 3 months is good.

Chipmunk

I'm in, my sides grow so slooooowwwww. The very sides goes to my collar bone, the front, I'm not sure maybe a couple inches past my chin.

MissM

I'm in. A few weeks ago a post from CaramelHonee convinced me to take some more length off my V in the back. I'm going to have to continue to do this every few months to give my sides a chance to catch up, other-wise it will never be completely even. This means that I will be at bra strap length for a while, but this is what I have to do if I want hair that is all one length.

Like I said in an earlier post, this is my 'punishment' for sitting in a stylist's chair last summer and letting him take my request for long bangs into his own hands! Once my hair is all one length no one is coming near it.

ngaa

i'm also n but with me its not really the sides as much as its the front...i'll also be workin on my edges after a bad cornrow experience...3months is definatly long enuf coz i'm in a weave now so by the time i take this out it'll be 3 months. To improve my edges and front i'm not gettin braids for the rest of this yr because the lady that used to do my hair used to braid the front really thin so much that it cuased me a whole lotta breakage. Instead i'm doin the crown and glory techniq with weaves instead

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
Brushes? Never heard of them
I'm going to use only a medium size tooth comb in attempt to smooth my edges down. If my hair doesn't like it, ohh well! I'm determined to have my front/edges match the back in length. Funny thing, the hair on the nape of my neck is rather long, thick and full and i'm always playing and twirling this hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same issue. The hairs on my neck also broke off from a bad relaxer but over the past 2 months, they've grown completely back and seem longer than they ever were. They are long and curly and I like to play with them. The front edges are a different story. While some are very long and blend right in with my hair, the others are short from the bad relaxer but have grown "some" but not nearly the growth of the neck hairs. I don't get it!!! I apply healthy hair butter to both at night to keep moisturized. I don't use a brush - only my hands a fine tooth seamless "bone" comb for smoothing. I'm now going to start massaging vitamin e oil and my rosemary hair formula to the front and see if that helps.

cutebajangirl

Count me in. My edges and front broke off because I was trying to improve them. (Looking back not a darn thing was wrong with them.)I tried to relax the front every other relaxer and poof they were gone.
oo: due to the extreme texture difference. So now I have bangs that reach the top of my cheekbones on a good day when before I had even shoulder length hair. So I'm gonna go back to what worked before, which was just putting the relaxer on them last.

sylviaetc

the last time my hair was all one length was when i was a teen and begged my mom to take me to this popular dominican salon and they cut off all my bra length hair; but it grew back all one length.
anyway, i'm definitely in! so what can we do to make the front grow?

Babygurl

Just bumping this up to see if anyone had any more thoughts about this topic