What to do with this FUNNY SHAPED LAYERED HAIR!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Back during Christmas, I cut my hair where the sides would be shorter than the back to frame my face and I also have bangs. Now I'm trying to grow them out. It's been a pain finding a way to style my hair into a cute shape when I wear it down. :( The shorter layers get straight and frizzy looking really quick while the back has a slight curl to it. What's up with that? :ohwell: I've tried wearing the shorter layers behind my ears but some parts stick out because they are shorter and because my hair is extra thick now than it used to be. Now blowdrying doesn't work for my hair because it doesn't get it straight enough with all this new growth; it just reverts back! If I make a side part, middle part, or combed back...doesn't matter, it doesn't look right at all. :barf:

So I'm wondering, for you ladies who have (or have had) shorter hair in the front and sides with the back being longer, how do you style that hair? How do you part your hair in the front? Should I get it cut into a cute shape in the front or something? :confused: Give product suggestions too. Also, How do you wear your hair at night? I think that's the main thing that's getting me. I've tried several ways of wearing my hair up at night... bun, in rollers, sylver2's idea, and unlvgirl's idea and more! My hair still comes out with a funny shape in the morning because of the shorter layers. :cry3:

Any suggestions??? :look:

Last edited:
I have this exact same problem so I am also waiting for suggestions. I wear my hair all combed back alot with my ends flipped so thatmy hair doesnt look so uneven. I have also been slowly cutting my hair so that it can all be one length but it just looks more and more uneven:ohwell: .When my hair isnt combed back its usually in a (tiny)bun.

Oh Poohbear, I dont have any suggestions but I feel your pain! :( I hope you can come up with something. I do like the comb back idea and flipped on the ends! That may look cute on your! Good Luck!

Pooh, I don't know if this is an option for you, but I had a similar cut many moons ago. I got the back trimmed often, allowing the front to catch up.

mrslee said:
Oh Poohbear, I dont have any suggestions but I feel your pain! :( I hope you can come up with something. I do like the comb back idea and flipped on the ends! That may look cute on your! Good Luck!

my hair is too thick to wear all combed back. it's the thickest on top. i tried that this morning and I look like an umpa-loompa off of that Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory movie. my hair in the back is just a few inches passed my shoulders so it doesn't look right flipped up or curled under. :eek:

Poohbear said:
my hair is too thick to wear all combed back. it's the thickest on top. i tried that this morning and I look like an umpa-loompa off of that Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory movie. my hair in the back is just a few inches passed my shoulders so it doesn't look right flipped up or curled under. :eek:

Poohbear I was transitioning for a while and my hair was also very thick on the top. I liked all the volume. I thought It looked fine...but maybe i was the only person who thought that......:perplexed

Covagirlm said:
Poohbear I was transitioning for a while and my hair was also very thick on the top. I liked all the volume. I thought It looked fine...but maybe i was the only person who thought that......:perplexed

I like the volume too but I don't have the volumptuous ends to go with it. well, i might try this style tomorrow. i think i was having problems today because my hair was dry today and i didnt moisturize it. Oil doesn't work well after blowdrying.

Last edited:
When my hair was much shorter in the front I tucked it behind my ears too Poohbear. It made my hair look longer that it actually was.

He mrslee and Covagirlm, last night I wore three rows of 2 rollers in the back with all my hair combed back and behind my ears. I rolled the rollers as if I was creating a flipped up curl. I tied my satin scarf around my head really tight. This morning, I took off the scarf and took down the rollers and combed them out lightly with a wide tooth comb and my hair looks great! I'm gonna wear my hair like this from now on as I grow my hair out, so I don't have to worry about those shorter layers. Thanks for your help! ;)

Poohbear said:
He mrslee and Covagirlm, last night I wore three rows of 2 rollers in the back with all my hair combed back and behind my ears. I rolled the rollers as if I was creating a flipped up curl. I tied my satin scarf around my head really tight. This morning, I took off the scarf and took down the rollers and combed them out lightly with a wide tooth comb and my hair looks great! I'm gonna wear my hair like this from now on as I grow my hair out, so I don't have to worry about those shorter layers. Thanks for your help! ;)
Thats wonderful!!! :clap: Glad you were able to get a style you like, I know you were trying to stay away from the kiddie look! :) Mission accomplished!

Back