Sew-in Challenge 2014-2015 (6 months or 9 months)

Adiatasha

Can't wait to take this sew in out!!!

Been in since Nov 21, and I'm excited to see what's underneath. I'm going to try and hold on for 2 more weeks. Then I start the MHM again.

ezina

I'm getting my sew-in tomorrow and depending on how quickly I finish my to do list today, I may add some brown highlights to the weave. If not, I'll just risk adding them after it's already sewn in.

I want to keep the weave in for 3 months. I can't stand looking at my real hair. I got some heat damage and it's depressing me. It's enough for me to swear off flat irons and (high temp) blow outs FOREVER. :sad:

I could cut bangs, which would take care of the worst of the damage, but I'm afraid to mess up my hair since I'm not confident in my styling abilities. :nono:

Last edited:

mzpurp

Hit the 6 week mark today. I am so proud of myself because usually once I start missing my curls, I will snatch whatever is in my hair up out! LOL! I've really enjoyed the low manipulation with this protective style. I went to my stylist this past Saturday for her to wash and wand curl my hair. I also had her add a couple more tracks because to me it needed to be a lil fuller in the back. I haven't experienced any heat damamge mainly because I haven't needed to use a lot of heat on my hair, I keep my hair oiled and twisted up. It's been so cold here that I've been able to get away with wearing my cute little hats! LOL! Hoping I can make it to the 3 month mark and I definitely can't wait to see how much my hair has grown!

View attachment 296025

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
I am natural APL (forever). See in with small leave out at crown and edges. Install done 1/16th. Goal is 3 months.

God is an alien, and we are living under a microscope.

Attachments

• image-1320570181.jpg
    image-1320570181.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1446690475.jpg
    image-1446690475.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 107

Adiatasha

Ummm... I think I'm keeping this sew in another month. That'll make it four months. YIKES!!

But I feel so lazy

Always~Wear~Joy

The EPRT is really great so far! I've tried braidouts, bantu knot-outs and it looks very pretty. I got it washed and flat-ironed yesterday and my stylist used the Luxe Therapy products (pre-treatment, shampoo, conditioner) and the scalp massager. I think they worked for my hair underneath but I prefer a more moisturizing conditioner for EPRT.

I did end up purchasing the scalp massager and it works wonders!!!! It beats scratching my scalp with my fingers or a bobby pin.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Bumping!

I have been bunning my kinky straight lately out of laziness. The ends are ombré to red. It's been super easy. I cowash, moisturize, add an edge control and brush it up into a bun.

image-1308441404.jpg

mzpurp

Hit the 8 week mark yesterday!! :yay:

Pretty sure this is the longest I've ever had a sew-in :lol: I don't want to take it out though! This has been the easiest experience ever! Now what next? I think I'm going to get some type of twists done, either marley, nature, or bomb.

I prob will wait until the 10th week mark to take it out and get my hair done.

ImanAdero

I still need to buy this dang on closure so I can get a cute bob sew in... y'all keep up" he good fight though!

loulou82

Hello all,

I'm still going strong in my weave. I'm on my third sew in and it will be 6 weeks on Thursday. I re-install at 8 and then I'll be on a 3 month schedule for my next two. This hair has been acting up for real. Tangling and shedding non-stop. Maybe it's the weather. I dunno. I just detangled, washed and DC'd tonight and I'm under the dryer. I have hair left over out of the 8 oz I purchased so I'll use that for the next install. I'm going in wigs in the Fall. Thinking about having Peekmill from Youtube do a straight one and I'll make my own curly unit, gotta do a bit of research.

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
I am taking down my install after 6 weeks. My hair has grown. And I need to get to my scalp for a bit.

Plan is to reinstall on 15th of March for another 6 weeks.

pinkness27

I'm taking down my sew in soon and wanted a bit of advice on how to detangle. When I take it down it will have been 8 weeks.

Can I shampoo the cornrows (it's just my hair and no weave braided with it), dry them, and then unbraid and detangle?

ezina

I'm taking down my sew in soon and wanted a bit of advice on how to detangle. When I take it down it will have been 8 weeks.

Can I shampoo the cornrows (it's just my hair and no weave braided with it), dry them, and then unbraid and detangle?

I would recommend against shampoo. Maybe co-wash or deep condition it, rinse your hair and let it dry till it's a little damp, and use oil or conditioner to detangle (for slip) as you take down the braids. You don't want anything drying near your hair before the detangling process is complete.

bluediamond0829

Well I'm starting on wearing weaves again to grow my hair out. I found a great weave stylist. She even asked me what my hair goals were which is different for most they just slap the weave on. I even got some compliments of people thinking it was my own hair so that's a good thing. I have a middle part which I thought would be easy with my workouts. I got my weave done on Saturday.

I plan to wear it for hopefully 2 months and then get it taken down and redone by her. I also found a great place to buy weave at and I like the hair. It wasn't too expensive.

ezina

5 weeks down, 7 to go. I lasted 6 weeks with my last install. I hope to go at least 9 weeks with this one because I'm getting a sense that I won't make the whole 12 weeks as planned.

BFeathers

Just got my new closure for a upcoming install. I've been wearing my own hair since November and I'm so ready for weave I can't stand it :lol:

But the closure is a 1b. A real, legit, natural black women looking 1b. It feels great and did what it's suppose to after a wash but it's 1b. And my bundles are the "natural" color weave can be which is lighter than a 1b but not quite a 2. My old closure was a tad lighter than the bundles but it blended well. It was no doubt "brown" and not really brownish black.

It's a shame because the closure color IS the color I always wished weave bundles would come in. I'm not a dyer and the maintenance to keep redyeing even every blue moon is not for me.

I'm debating sending it back. I know I can blend but side by side I can tell a pretty clear difference in the color.

Can I make it work? :ohwell:

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
Post pics of you can. One on top of the other.

Just got BigChopHair corkscrew curl u-wig this week. I am wearing it until my next install. I am taking out the combs too much tension on my hair.

Pic.

Attachments

• image-1067951980.jpg
    image-1067951980.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 52

ms.blue

Hopefully I will be ending my five week break and get a new sew in next Saturday. Most likely I will just reinstall the EPRT.

Always~Wear~Joy

Hopefully I will be ending my five week break and get a new sew in next Saturday. Most likely I will just reinstall the EPRT.

I'm going to get mine reinstalled too. I live in FL and it's getting hot now so I purchased a blow closure from Glamour House of Hair. Perfect match!!!

ezina

6 weeks down, 6 more to go...but to be honest, this weave is coming off as soon as I get my soft bonnet dryer in the mail. I cut my weave to just above shoulder length a few days ago, which made it 10x more manageable. However, I did quite a hack job so I'm taking it down earlier than desired even though with the better manageability, I can see myself going a few more weeks with it...possibly even the 12 week goal I initially had.